POSTGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

44 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

How good was that suit?

QD Is that question ironical? Or is it implying the team performance folded like a cheap suit?

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sisso said:

I always attend whether I think we can win or not, wasn’t overly fussed by the loss just disappointed in the overall lack of effort and care in disposal/ball use. Surely you can’t think the boys played as well as they possibly could last night? As for the train situation they specifically said trespassers didn’t think about that other option…

They always say trespasser because that’s technically what it is… someone being on the tracks when they shouldn’t be, suicide remaining a taboo subject.

Of course I don’t think the boys played as well as they could last night, it’s just that I couldn’t understand how you can question why you bothered going when, as you say, you attend regardless of how you think we’ll perform.

All good though, I guess that kind of talk worries me because I’d hate to see a repeat of the past when we had bugger all people turning up to matches because of ‘predictable results.’

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jnrmac said:

I don't care what personnel were missing, Our game plan stinks. Letting the Pies waltz out of our fwd line repeatedly and handball chain into their fwd 50 was plain embarrassing.

The coaching staff have their heads in a cement block and need to pull them out ASAP

As for Fritsch and Petty. they can just leave. Petty not 1 single possession in the fwd 50 and Fritsch not one single possession in the fwd half according to the AFL tracker. Goodwin has killed Petty as a player. Congrats

Our young players have no one to show them the way. Our leaders in 2024 were abysmal

We played 3 tall forwards, Melksham and the Fritsches Hat, how exactly were we meant to get forward pressure?

The sub was Laurie, that wasn’t going to work. The next best option was Kynan Brown who probably would’ve helped team balance but is miles from AFL level. The only other players at Casey with any pace were McAdam - who ain’t playing til he does a preseason and AMW who’s been trained as back.

The cupboard is totally bare for now.

Petty had a reasonable season after the bye. They’ll now get a much needed preseason into him and set him to play either CHB or CHF with a new forwards coach. From the moment our season was done (GWS loss) the only thing required from Petty was to get through the year. He’s done that. Wipe the slate clean and he’ll go again next year. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

They always say trespasser because that’s technically what it is… someone being on the tracks when they shouldn’t be, suicide remaining a taboo subject.

Of course I don’t think the boys played as well as they could last night, it’s just that I couldn’t understand how you can question why you bothered going when, as you say, you attend regardless of how you think we’ll perform.

All good though, I guess that kind of talk worries me because I’d hate to see a repeat of the past when we had bugger all people turning up to matches because of ‘predictable results.’

We only have a small hardcore supporter base and I don’t think recent success has really changed that sadly…yes I went every week in 2012 and 13 when we barely won a game, but I can’t hold it against those who decide they have better things to do….

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bing181 said:

And ... gives us an easier fixture next year. 2 x North, 2 x Richmond, 2 x West Coast, here we come.

00727669-36FC-4EFC-A7F3-0305F7FC11E0.thumb.jpeg.c667086ab97aa70db798c7a0400bd146.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Monbon said:

Are you aware how essentially undermanned we were last night? Think about who was out. You are a typical know-it-all all whinger who knows everything better than any Melbourne Coach. 

Yeah Collingwood haven't had injuries either

You take comfort with excuses. They're like a baby blanket for you I guess. 

Sleep well

• Vomit 1

13 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You should have been around in the 70s ,tough times to be a DEE

• Like 2

Anyway the season is over,I see Melbourne is up for the 2030 gay olympics,I am booking now I dont want to miss out on the fluffyduck sculling heats or in particular the skippy finals

• Facepalm 2

38 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Yeah Collingwood haven't had injuries either

You take comfort with excuses. They're like a baby blanket for you I guess. 

Sleep well

They've all had injuries, every team. Collingwood would still have smashed us without the 2 Daicos lads, Pendelbury, Sidebottom, Lipinski, and Elliot...yeah, sure man...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Anyway the season is over,I see Melbourne is up for the 2030 gay olympics,I am booking now I dont want to miss out on the fluffyduck sculling heats or in particular the skippy finals

Oh dear.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Whoa. But I suppose everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Unrelated: I find it interesting that an individual’s inadequacies and deficiencies can manifest themselves in a brutal and undeserving takedown of a successful, hardworking, talented person. And by ‘interesting’ I really mean ‘pathetic’ 😉 

Yeah emotions may have been a little high at the time of writing.  But inadequate, deficient, and pathetic?  Ouch!  Settle down.  You didn't even acknowledge my heartfelt thanks.  That should have counted for something.

I appreciate Nibbler's efforts at the club.  But he is absolutely replaceable.  Let's not kid ourselves, and in that sense I'm not going to miss him.  That's all I'm saying.  

Friends?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, pinkshark said:

Friends?

Besties 😘

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve posted this in the non-MFC thread and I know this isn’t the right thread for it but ima go ahead and post it anyways…

C84520C4-DC6B-4252-8323-2936424E17FE.thumb.jpeg.c2e03d7b5e1f36ca56abfc9e755941c6.jpeg

BECAUSE IT’S HILARIOUS! AND BECAUSE I CAN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MFC social media 

“Let’s finish the Melbourne way. 👊

responses were 

What slow and can't hit a target? Great plan. 😑💔💙

Insipid. No hardness. No accountability. No determination. No toughness. Who’s our inside mids? Only Jack. He can’t do it all himself. No more JJ Harmes Gus. BIG BIG end of season review is needed.💔💙

With another weak as p!ss performance? Pathetic end

Certainly delivered on the 2024 Melbourne way!!  That was as disappointing effort as you could imagine💔💔💔💔💔

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 23:43, The heart beats true said:

Shout out to the MCG staff for making no effort to protect the value of our memberships, by letting anyone sit anywhere they wanted.

I agree with you on this. However, the Melbourne members need to fulfil their obligations of being a member and come to the games particularly for Alex Neal-Bullen's last game and saying Thank you to Ben Brown. I'm a Legends member and I pay nearly $1,300.00 and opposition supporters are sitting in our bays when it shouldn't happen. 

• Like 2

On 23/08/2024 at 22:54, Demonsterative said:

@Abyssal just a follow up from your game day reply to my post. Fritta kicked 41 goal this year with some massive hardship with our club, 

Yep, it was not a good year from Fritta, but he still performs to a good level even when he was not at our best. On a good year he is top quality. 

Fritta was frustrating for a big chunk of the year but when you look at the stats 41 goals is a good return. He played a majority of the season with Petty at CHF unable to do a job, though he was much better the last 6 games IMO, JVR in the ruck also causes a problem for Fitsch as he gets the number defender who is often much bigger. 

On 24/08/2024 at 09:02, loges said:

Poos his pants every time, I'd love to know his goals/points for the year.

Jack Billings 4 goals 8 behinds. Played 16 games this year, that would be too many next year 

On 24/08/2024 at 14:15, DeeSpencer said:

Its certainly a bit of a miracle that we won a flag without a single midfielder who’s a consistently above average kick, and we have to value skills but in terms of short term fixes we need the players and the game plan that covers a full ground.

We weren't full of elite ball users but, Angus definitely above average. Salem was 2 levels better than now and was definitely and elite kick at the time. Salo also lost a yard or two since then IMV.

Bowey was a deft kick out of the backline and Harmes had his peak year. A pretty good kick, tough and strong overhead. Sparrow should be at that level by now, but isn't. 

Our tall forwards were also better set shots than what we have now, BBB and TMac. 

On 24/08/2024 at 18:44, Demonland said:

This is leadership! 

Edited by Dee*ceiving