Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harrison Petty

Demonland

We're in a strong position. The club played this really well last year. Particularly with them knowing full well 2024 will be Brown and TMacs last year. 

At the end of 2024, with a year to run, we should seek to re-sign Harry long term or trade him to the Crows for the best deal possible. Dragging it into his final contract year before FA wouldn't be ideal. We should be be in a strong position  financially so can either make a good long term offer to Harry or go shopping with a swag od picks and money in the bank. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Roost it far said:

The only negative thing regards to Petty is the fact he seems to want out. He’s not the messiah. I’ll take good picks and or a player and happily move on. I don’t see him as the answer. 

Does he actually seem to want out or does the media (and the Crows) want him out?  What has he actually said?  Does anyone here actually KNOW something ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agree Monoccular. Not Sure we know for a fact he wants out. 

It would be fair to say he wants the best deal he can get & he likes the idea of being able to live in SA where he grew up. Seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

Assuming Gus' contract is out of the cap we'll have a lot of extra cash to splash on Petty and JVR.  I think we can match anything Adelaide or WC can offer.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, old55 said:

Assuming Gus' contract is out of the cap we'll have a lot of extra cash to splash on Petty and JVR.  I think we can match anything Adelaide or WC can offer.

We don’t have to match anything next year. They will need to wait another year for that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, old55 said:

And after all, all they do is offer money , Adelaide hasn't won a flag in the last ten years, and they both  don't look likely in the next ten years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HE’S IN NO HARRY

Adelaide will launch a full-on assault to lure Harrison Petty back to South Australia once more, but don’t be surprised if he stays at Melbourne to chase a second premiership.

It has been reported in Adelaide that the Crows expect him to be in their colours next season after offering him a five-year $4 million deal that was heavily front-ended.

Petty was keen to go home when he saw that he could be part of the Shane McAdam trade.

Adelaide will hope Petty’s status as an unrestricted free agent in 2025 means the Demons might trade him as a pre-agent this year rather than accept a mid-teens free agency compensation pick next year.

So expect them to throw a considerable trade package at the Demons to turn their heads, with Demons great Garry Lyon suggesting on Friday only a Riley Thilthorpe swap would be acceptable.

But even six months on much has changed for Petty, who has made clear he is totally committed to the Demons and intent on focusing on their flag campaign.

When the Demons aborted that trade it was a very different climate at Melbourne as Clayton Oliver’s health battles continued.

The Demons got around Petty through captain Max Gawn and coach Simon Goodwin, who have both remained in constant touch with their swingman.

Expect Port Adelaide to have some interest in Petty’s future given Charlie Dixon is getting towards the end.

So while Petty is in no mood to consider a contract extension just yet, he is a long way from out the door at year’s end.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Clap 1

I wonder if Petty will suddenly decide to stay when we inevitably put a multi million dollar extension in front of him, something we didn’t do last year when we had a lot of other things going on and Gus was still on the books.

Let us see how this plays out. I still don’t think the “go home” factor is real given where his family live. It could just be about his partner who I believe is from SA. But hey, for millions of dollars he could pay for her to relocate to a far superior city 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 15/03/2024 at 08:44, Roost it far said:

The only negative thing regards to Petty is the fact he seems to want out. He’s not the messiah. I’ll take good picks and or a player and happily move on. I don’t see him as the answer. 

Well I am a bit closer than you and see him as part of the answer for us in 2024/5. A ready made player forward or back even on Sat haven’t back and helped save any goal rush from the Hawks. 

Will show us now in SA how good he is. 

S as nd having got his commitment for 2024 and contracted till end of 2025 you just want the easy way out and trade him. Great way to run a Club.

Biggest asset for Clubs are their players and Harry is one of our brightest stars for the next 5/10 yesrs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I wonder if Petty will suddenly decide to stay when we inevitably put a multi million dollar extension in front of him, something we didn’t do last year when we had a lot of other things going on and Gus was still on the books.

Let us see how this plays out. I still don’t think the “go home” factor is real given where his family live. It could just be about his partner who I believe is from SA. But hey, for millions of dollars he could pay for her to relocate to a far superior city 😉

Or just pay her a weekly "Shopping / Travelling / Pampering / Butler & Nanny allowance" in exchange for signing a "No return requests or nagging me to come back... i'm here to enjoy me footy with me Demon mates and try n win another flag and i'll come back when i'm ready" contract. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, 58er said:

Well I am a bit closer than you and see him as part of the answer for us in 2024/5. A ready made player forward or back even on Sat haven’t back and helped save any goal rush from the Hawks. 

Will show us now in SA how good he is. 

S as nd having got his commitment for 2024 and contracted till end of 2025 you just want the easy way out and trade him. Great way to run a Club.

Biggest asset for Clubs are their players and Harry is one of our brightest stars for the next 5/10 yesrs.

I never said I wanted us to trade him. As I clearly stated the only negative is he seemed to want out. I’m also not going to concern myself if he does leave as I have full faith in the club extracting a solid return. One thing this club has done very well is replace the few players who have left. The only one I’d take back is Jackson. 

• Like 2

Dunno about all this. Lots of other SA people at MFC atmo, including Goodie, one of their greatest, Swallow, Chin, ANB and others (???).... The only reason I would go if I was Petty would be the cash, and surely there's enough of that where he is right now, plus a decent list and all the cheeseboards he can wolf, as well as snow access. Dunno, with his next contract at MFC he could probably afford a Range Rover and really live the dream.....

Seriously, though, what is the reason to leave?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 19/10/2023 at 11:58, Guest said:

He made it clear that he had spoken to Adelaide and they had expressed keen interest. He then said that he's staying because Melbourne didn't want to play. So do we have another Jackson. What a great season he had in 2022 - NOT! For our sake he needs to find a partner who loves Melbourne and redheads in that order.

Another era perhaps but a likely same result as Scott Thompson. Melbourne supported this player through a period when frequently injured only to go back home to Adelaide after a breakout year for us. The rest is history. He went on to play about 600 games for them.

Thompson was one of the great improvers ... sorely missed at the time and capable of being a game-changer par excellence, as proven in the Sth Australia colours... and, perhaps, in the top 5 team-deductions of all time for the Dees. It broke our hearts and dreams.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Going to be a very interesting end of year this year. We are potentially going to be overflowing with cap space and there are no obvious key forwards available to trade in. Players creating cap space are obviously Brayshaw, likely BBB, probably T Mac and Tomlinson. There's going to be a lot of scope to throw a big contract at him, very heavily front ended for next season.  If not there's still a real argument IMO to hold him to his contract next season while we are so much in the window and forego the difference between what Crows would offer this year in a trade and what we'd get for compo next season if he leaves as a free agent. Or maybe there will be a bidding war over there with Port and we'll get fair picks anyway. 

• Like 1

Looked a happy player in a happy team during the last quarter on Saturday.

And he was first to get his arms round Petracca after "that spoil" with a huge smile on his face

Edited by Bimbo
  • Like 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Grr-owl said:

Dunno about all this. Lots of other SA people at MFC atmo, including Goodie, one of their greatest, Swallow, Chin, ANB and others (???).... The only reason I would go if I was Petty would be the cash, and surely there's enough of that where he is right now, plus a decent list and all the cheeseboards he can wolf, as well as snow access. Dunno, with his next contract at MFC he could probably afford a Range Rover and really live the dream.....

The long long grass of home. 

20 hours ago, Grr-owl said:

One Swallow doesn't make a summer ...

Sparrow perhaps?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I never said I wanted us to trade him. As I clearly stated the only negative is he seemed to want out. I’m also not going to concern myself if he does leave as I have full faith in the club extracting a solid return. One thing this club has done very well is replace the few players who have left. The only one I’d take back is Jackson. 

We’d all take Jacko back no doubt and Scott Thompson.

That’s exactly  why we don’t want him to go. 

My point is you  are saying that we don’t play hard ball it won’t matter we till get a replacement. Well

mu point is why haven’t get one when we have a beauty already to blossom in the hardest place on the ground Full forward.

That first quarter mark he took says it all. Equal to Fritta’s later in the game. His hands were  foot and half above any others. That’s his difference to other players and wins by matches. 

Perhspsxwe might be smarter and let him play a few early games back and get him really in good nick perhaps with a cameo or two up forward to sweeten his form. 

again think about his far too small 10 minutes up forward vs Lions in the 2022 Semi. Have no doubt if Goody had pulled that rabbit at 3/4 time we could have turned that game into a win with Harry at FF. 

A match winner and they are very hard to find let alone keep. That's why Criws definitely want him as he will be their missing backline puzzle no doubt if we give him the chance, 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Nothing new in that article, at all. Ralphy just making it up as he goes. 

Typical Ralphy Murdoch More click bait Go Dees we’ll  smash Port !!!