• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

I’ve got a ticket to the game Thursday night and I can’t wait for us to finish off their finals hopes!

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Oh and we beat the Cats 3 times at KP in 2021 including the memorable gaol after the siren after being 44 pts down. I know Geelong are scarred by that!

We beat the Cats 3 times in 2021 but all three times were at different venues. MCG, KP and OS.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Demonland said:

We beat the Cats 3 times in 2021 but all three times were at different venues. MCG, KP and OS.

I had the pleasure of being at the OS game where Max got 5 or 6 goals (too lazy to fact check).

Not sure if it could be picked up in the televised game, but mid way through the game the crowd started chanting ‘Gawny’. It was a real party atmosphere. Loved it.

• Like 4

The thing is this game is one of the very modern great rivalries. And the AFL are disrespecting our standing in the game and the rivalry by playing the game at KP.

2021 we showed them up and it was one of the reasons for Geelong's change of game plan and man-management systems. Chris Scott hates losing and although I dislike him and half the Geelong team, he plotted and planned to take us down in 2022. We were soundly beaten, looked like we didn't even see what was coming and were totally out coached. It was a cornerstone game for Geelong's assault on the flag and our meek finish to the year. 

So ...1. Why are the two past premiers only playing once this year and 

2. Why down at the cattery?

The AFL are totally disrespectful to our club and should be asked to explain.

Don't think this won't be a cracking game of football. If we don't understand how important it is to get the ascendancy over Geelong  we don't understand the gang mentality of footy. If we are to win the flag this is a must win game. If we enter the game like last year just thinking we'll win, even though they are down this year, they will have plans and be super switched on. We have to beat them and kill off their 2023 campaign. This is nothing to do with whos out there but the attitude of every player to win. If we don't we are kidding ourselves.

• Like 12

On 6/17/2023 at 12:12 AM, bing181 said:

From comments I've seen from Oliver, I wouldn't be so sure yet. He was in hospital for 5 days or so and said himself that he's coming from a long way back fitness-wise. Fingers crossed of course, though even if he plays, not sure we're going to see explosive Clarry in full flight.

It could well be that he is subdued in comparison to 'normal' games due to his fitness status after such a lengthy sufferance with hospital food and the regularity, and intensity, of his exercise requirements. However, if selected, he could play one or two of his invincible cameo roles from the centre and not stray too far into the field or battleground depths of the game.  If that is the case, the team members around him could make great contributions to his role/skills execution as the game progresses. The catty puts are weakest in the centre/midfield - astounding as that sounds - possibly leaving Clarrie another trophy of conquest, whilst injured/deemed unfit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deespicable me said:

The thing is this game is one of the very modern great rivalries. And the AFL are disrespecting our standing in the game and the rivalry by playing the game at KP.

2021 we showed them up and it was one of the reasons for Geelong's change of game plan and man-management systems. Chris Scott hates losing and although I dislike him and half the Geelong team, he plotted and planned to take us down in 2022. We were soundly beaten, looked like we didn't even see what was coming and were totally out coached. It was a cornerstone game for Geelong's assault on the flag and our meek finish to the year. 

Don't think this won't be a cracking game of football. If we don't understand how important it is to get the ascendancy over Geelong  we don't understand the gang mentality of footy. If we are to win the flag this is a must win game. If we enter the game like last year just thinking we'll win, even though they are down this year, they will have plans and be super switched on. We have to beat them and kill off their 2023 campaign. This is nothing to do with whos out there but the attitude of every player to win. If we don't we are kidding ourselves.

Why ?

Because the [censored] are a protected and pampered fav of the AFL.

AFL white-ants the MFC.

Until we get someone in that place that has our back nothing will change.

• Like 2

35 matches vs Geelong this century.

18 games at that cesspool of a stadium since 2000.

Collingwood has played there 18 times....since 1972!

0 times this century.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

1 minute ago, praha said:

0 times this century.

2 protected species 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deespicable me said:

Definitely one of the great modern rivalries but also the oldest rivalry. I do wish that was publicised a bit more.

• Like 7

I don't mind us playing at Geelong, I would just like more equity in home fixtures and away fixtures across seasons.

Biggest fixturing howler this year, I thought, was one fixture v Essendon in Adelaide. Could have had a blockbuster game at the G and instead we were a curtain raiser for Port Adelaide 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, praha said:

0 times this century.

Yep totally corrupt and vomitous🤮

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doug Reemer said:

I’ve got a ticket to the game Thursday night and I can’t wait for us to finish off their finals hopes!

I thought getting an opposition ticket at kitty litterland was harder than winning tattslotto! How much did it cost, may I ask?

8 hours ago, deespicable me said:

2 hours ago, layzie said:

Definitely one of the great modern rivalries but also the oldest rivalry. I do wish that was publicised a bit more.

Is it correct that Geelong is the second oldest club in the AFL? If so, why aren't Geelong and Melbourne finding a way to create a blockbuster game built on that rivalry? If there's one thing we should have learned over the last 30 years, blockbusters don't just happen. They need two clubs to work together to build a reason for people to attend. ANZAC Day and ANZAC Day eve are good examples. The time to do so is now, while the teams are the two most recent Premiers and regularly in contention for finals over the last 5 years (admittedly, even longer for Geelong).

• Like 8
  • Clap 2

4 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

goodwin has said in his presser this morning that neither oliver nor petty are guaranteed for thursday - need to tick off some boxes in the lead-in to thursday

sounds like oliver lost a fair bit of conditioning with the hospital stay

I reckon we are playing games. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

goodwin has said in his presser this morning that neither oliver nor petty are guaranteed for thursday - need to tick off some boxes in the lead-in to thursday

sounds like oliver lost a fair bit of conditioning with the hospital stay

Suspect itll go 50/50   Oliver in.. Petty to the ressies... just mho 

24 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

interesting - treating it like an interstate game; we're heading down there on wednesday, training on the ground that day, then staying in a hotel in geelong that evening

From memory we've done this once before when Yze was playing. Result that time wasn't good though.

Edited by Dee Zephyr

39 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Is it correct that Geelong is the second oldest club in the AFL? If so, why aren't Geelong and Melbourne finding a way to create a blockbuster game built on that rivalry? If there's one thing we should have learned over the last 30 years, blockbusters don't just happen. They need two clubs to work together to build a reason for people to attend. ANZAC Day and ANZAC Day eve are good examples. The time to do so is now, while the teams are the two most recent Premiers and regularly in contention for finals over the last 5 years (admittedly, even longer for Geelong).

But given our standing at AFLHQ the blockbuster will be played at GEEEEEEEEEEEEElong

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Demonland said:

We’re playing the most accurate team in the competition this week. 

Tbh... not a lot of diff... just saying.