• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

43 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

We did get lucky with a few calls in the last. No doubt about it. 

They were a man down for half of the last quarter too. 

Yeah but they got about 3 goals from frees that weren't there in the 3rd so swing and roundabouts.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

We won, but same old story as most games this year.

Poor forward delivery and retention, punctuated by clumsiness and lack of composure in defence at key moments.

Except this time we got smashed in the contest too.  

Disappointing games by Fritsch and Pickett - but Viney completely shut down Rowell after quarter time.

We really gotta fix up ground ball at both ends, we're just off the pace and it's killing our potential.

Feels like back half of 2022 again.

What a complete load of rubbish.  GC are 5 goal better side at home and have lots of upside.  We won by 16 goals last week and took the 4 points today.  You are not going to blow every team out of the water 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Jvr great to be able to develop him but limited influence and someone else comes in

Tonight was his 5th game I think if not suspended he needs a run at Casey. Last week against North he was poor. At this point in his career he needs to be the second tall not the main event

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hunter’s cooked and Grundy’s a headless chook so there goes our recruits from last year.

Fritsch needs a wake up call.

Chandler’s struggling with his leg, had no explosiveness in the second half. 

I thought Oliver had left behind these shocker games in 2020 but he’s had a few this year now.

May and Lever madness bubbling along. Petty could help but he gives no offensive drive and that’s how the ball gets stuck at the wrong end. Disco was really coming in to the game late in the 3rd with some intercept marks, not sure they subbed the right guy.

When a team turns up the pressure and speed and we can’t get the backline set we’re coughing up goals.

And our ball movement just becomes gimmicky or bombing because too few of our players make quick accurate decisions.

Didn't we win? Didn't the Suns beat Geelong? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

What’s the issue. If you’re going to bother to reply at least pick a part of it and offer a counter 

It’s not worth it. From calling Hunter cooked to intimating you would have subbed May or Lever instead of Turner - I will just assume it was an especially frustrating night and leave it at that.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I don’t know what’s wrong with May this year , but he just seems to be going through the motions , or carrying an injury perhaps?

Probably back on the booze with Harley B.

May’s done some good stuff, blanketed King for most of the night. But he’s in panic mode when the ball hits the ground and he isn’t the lock he once was in packs. 

Other stuff - his desire to fold back to guard the hot spot is somewhat following coaches instructions. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

God save King Charles !!!!

Because nothing will save the Governor General. 

Sorry that's so yesterday on my part but I couldn't help it. Poor old Gough.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

anyone know what is up with Chandler? apart from his great goal i thought he was poor

He's entitled to have a quiet game out of only what....maybe 7.

Anb gets called out first. Then a few more me thinks.

• Like 2

Feel like the clearance losses are not by accident, I remember Hawthorn were big on this.

Problem is we still don’t have great field  kicks getting their hands on the footy for the next possession. 

Going from Melbourne’s colder week to warmer and greasy conditions made for a very difficult affair.

Suns are better than I thought they would be and Anderson had an absolutely incredible day. Was Humphrey the player JT was super keen on? He looks the goods

• Like 1

Close game to watch, so I forgive the 4y.o. sooking going on but FFS, we got the bloody ice-cream. Tough conditions, you could see they were cooked, humidity was between 70%-80%, you’d be sweating in your armchair.

Viney immense, body on line time and again. Look at the coach’s reaction, was totally pumped he knew they’d just won an unbelievably hard game.

They found a way, winning a difficult road game.

Willing to agree with Petty back if the opposition brings 3 talls, but the forward experiment is far from over.  

Bit worried about JVR, I think he still gets done for being clumsy and not Hawkins. No intent it was the inside of his arm and I was wondering if it was a neck sprain causing the drama rather than a concussion.

Umpiring felt like a win for us, but Kozzie also missed some frees. More to say later, going to watch it again because I like contested footy, ice dancing not so much. I saw effort from everyone.

• Like 14

54 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

May kicks in to the left and close to the centre square with 15 seconds left.. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] gotta go closer to the boundary!

Not only that, instead of looking for a loose man and a mark which wins the game, when he kicks to the left, he didn’t run out as far as he could, making it a good two kicks from them scoring, but kicked it from close to the kick off line.

We do some dumb things. 

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Christ I hate Kayo. no pregame on Post Game. How hard is it to run an extra streaming line.

Particularly for how much they charge. An absolute joke. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, rpfc said:

It’s not worth it. From calling Hunter cooked to intimating you would have subbed May or Lever instead of Turner - I will just assume it was an especially frustrating night and leave it at that.

Never said I’d sub May or Lever.

I would’ve subbed Fritsch or JJ. 

Hunter is on his last legs, I’m convinced of that. 

Only got to see the second half and thought the Suns out played us but we won. Gold Coast at home when they are playing like that are a very hard matchup, yep we might not have played our best but that’s a good win. 

2 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

He kicked to the right in round 12, second quarter, 28 minute mark, 2019. What is your problem @old dee?

Wrong, he went right against the tigers and kicked it to Viney who had 2 on him, do you want me to tell you how that went?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Not only that, instead of looking for a loose man and a mark which wins the game, when he kicks to the left, he didn’t run out as far as he could, making it a good two kicks from them scoring, but kicked it from close to the kick off line.

We do a lot of dumb things. 

Yep if there’s no short kick then so be it, but otherwise run your full distance and send it as close to the boundary as safely possible. Inexcusable that it didn’t land on Gawn’s head. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Top game!

A hard fought win against a tough opponent !

They picked through our defence too easily at times but , in the end, some big moments from Max, Tracc , Oliver in the last quarter got us over the line.

Some confusing umpiring again.

Fritta - an absolute mare!

You've really been hitting that wine. Good to see. Think I'll start.

10 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

-6 clearances, -27 contested possessions, -25 points from stoppage. 
Noah Anderson 22 years of age, Rowell 21. 
By any football metric that is a midfield smashing and they are on average 5-6 years younger than us, so yes, we got smashed by an inexperienced midfield. Trac said as much after the game. Our mids will be super flat with that performance.

Anderson: second overall draft pick, in his fourth season, 80 games.

Rowell: Number one draft pick, fourth season, 46 games, 12 Brownlow votes in his first three senior games before doing his shoulder and not playing again in his deput season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Rowell: Number one draft pick, fourth season, 46 games, 12 Brownlow votes in his first three senior games before doing his shoulder and not playing again in his deput season.

He is a gun, and he embarrassed our star mids repeatedly tonight early on, but I guess that would be expected if he can achieve a stat like this!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1