• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Gold Coast

Demonland

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Not only that, instead of looking for a loose man and a mark which wins the game, when he kicks to the left, he didn’t run out as far as he could, making it a good two kicks from them scoring, but kicked it from close to the kick off line.

We do a lot of dumb things. 

And that's the game plan everyone just runs there, if you watch the second quarter about 4 minutes left I think it was, Langdon was all by himself in the middle and was running into the forward line alone and not even calling for the pill and I forget who had the pill did not even look inboard they are just so programed to down the line it is yesterday's play book maybe we were like the dogs in 2021 right place right time.

• Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

He's entitled to have a quiet game out of only what....maybe 7.

Anb gets called out first. Then a few more me thinks.

was wondering if he is carrying an injury 

not having a go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydee said:

Yep simply incredible 

May was also rather slow to the contests, as well. Rivers and Bowie did a great deal to cover for him across the game. Petty, surely missed, so must go back (as that would strengthen the backline) and provide more opportunities for Lever to play his area coverage intercept game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Anderson: second overall draft pick, in his fourth season, 80 games.

Rowell: Number one draft pick, fourth season, 46 games, 12 Brownlow votes in his first three senior games before doing his shoulder and not playing again in his deput season.

Both stars.

Surely no one could fail to see that.

• Like 11
  • Clap 1

43 minutes ago, McQueen said:

The idea is to play consistent footy that will stand up in finals. 

Yeah it was a tough game finals pressure will be immense compared to that and in my opinion we  aren’t working hard enough and applying enough pressure to win a final. If you think it’s gonna ‘click’ come September you’re a real gambler. 

Yes agree with that. But what was that used to be said many a year ago…good sides win when they don’t play well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leucopogon said:

It's a big concern, isn't it? The side doesn't look settled across any line, least of all the forward line.

Glass half full, we are blooding alot of players early in the season... which should hold us in good shape once the business end of the season comes around, we are getting the points on the board without burning out our best 25 players. 

Edited by Rednblueriseing
  • Like 9

Definitely not in top form, yet. But...we have a few players going very, very well (Viney, Trac, Gawn, Oliver, Pickett, Rivers).

Challenge now is getting them to play like a team...pies and cats are doing that already.  

Brown, Hibberd and Spargo in. 

Turner, Jordon and Harmes out. 

Petty to the backline. May a worry...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webber said:

We seriously tried to choke ourselves out of the win. Don’t really know how they got there. A mere shadow of a contender at the moment. You pressure us hard at the stoppage and the contest, and our defensive system becomes very very fragile. Dare I say jittery and slow. Congrats to Noah Anderson, phenomenal. Also Jarrod Witts, based on that he might be the best stoppage ruckman in the league. Gotta feel for Bailey Fritsch, his confidence was utterly shot. A lesson to Kade Chandler, JVR and Dan Turner also. Despite the 4 points, hard to draw anything positive 

I know but last week we looked so different.

Turner found it hard against the big body of Casboult, but improved when he moved off him, before being subbed. He looks like once he puts on some more muscle, he will be a regular for us.

He is a nice user of the ball as well.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hunter’s cooked and Grundy’s a headless chook so there goes our recruits from last year.

Fritsch needs a wake up call.

Chandler’s struggling with his leg, had no explosiveness in the second half. 

I thought Oliver had left behind these shocker games in 2020 but he’s had a few this year now.

May and Lever madness bubbling along. Petty could help but he gives no offensive drive and that’s how the ball gets stuck at the wrong end. Disco was really coming in to the game late in the 3rd with some intercept marks, not sure they subbed the right guy.

When a team turns up the pressure and speed and we can’t get the backline set we’re coughing up goals.

And our ball movement just becomes gimmicky or bombing because too few of our players make quick accurate decisions.

Oliver had a 'FEW' 'SHOCKER' games this year. Could you name them please?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Definitely not in top form, yet. But...we have a few players going very, very well (Viney, Trac, Gawn, Oliver, Pickett, Rivers).

Challenge now is getting them to play like a team...pies and cats are doing that already.  

Jordan played his role tonight. Had 17 possessions and kept Rowell quiet after quarter time.

• Love 1

Interesting that when Collingwood fall over the line against middle of the road signs like Essendon and Adelaide- the media, the players and supporters celebrate like they’ve won a flag and give the impression that they’re this special side that captures the hearts of the media and most football supporters.

But, when we win a close game against a middle of the road side interstate in challenging conditions, it’s considered a poor win by some despite leading for 99% of the game, something that Collingwood are incapable of doing in many of their games.

This win wasn’t as poor as some are making it out to be. We got lucky with some umpire calls as well as McPherson missing that very late goal, but we beat an inform side who are playing hard footy at the moment and asked a lot of question of us today.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, DeeZee said:

J.Viney won that game for us.

Disgusting commentary by Dunstall, barracking for the Suns and calling umps decisions that weren’t even there.

Dunstall is a king of creating narratives in games. Barracked hard for the suns all game. The dubious frees paid against us that resulted in goals to the Suns barely got a second mention, yet he unpacked in detail any 50/50 that went in our favour

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Anderson: second overall draft pick, in his fourth season, 80 games.

Rowell: Number one draft pick, fourth season, 46 games, 12 Brownlow votes in his first three senior games before doing his shoulder and not playing again in his deput season.

You feel that 46 and 80 games makes them experienced afl players? If that’s your problem with what I said then I apologise. How high they are drafted means anything? I look forward to our number two draft pick Schache dominating.

I should have said they are LESS experienced than our premiership winning top 2 draft pick Norm Smith medalist Petracca who has played 158 games at 27, our two time AFL CA winning 4 time best and fairest winner draft pick number 5 Oliver who has played 154 games at 25 years old and our vice-captain Viney who has played 178 games at 29 years of age. They gave them an absolute bath. 
Im happy we still won, but in this game and our two losses this year our strength, contest, was soundly and completely beaten. We need to find a solution, fact. I note you ignore the stats I posted that completely proved my position and you immediately launched into draft picks and games played, hmmm. 
Anyway, I don’t come here to argue, but I think we’ll be working hard on stoppage and clearance this week and Trac, Clarry and Viney will be frustrated we were so well beaten in there.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

The combination of Turner in and Petty forward totally ruined the balance of the team.

When Goodwin tries to get cute bad things tend to happen.

That’s a great call, Petty stumbling around in Fritz’s way and Turner, way too small for the task, another battler from Casy about to head back there.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

And what is BBB going to do, had trouble last year, our forward line is dysfunctional, they expect a kid to be a big time pack mark, ain't gonna happen yet, as I said earlier maybe we are like the dogs snaged a great premiership and will continue to make finals and that's it, (hope not).

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else feel this year has just continued on from the end of last, the gap between our best and worst hasn’t improved. We seem to have issues on every line. 

Doesn’t feel like it did in 2021 when it felt like we wouldn’t ever loose to anyone regardless of score. Maybe we hit our straps come end of year but feels more of a hope than a certainty

Edited by Garbo
  • Like 2

Well, looking on the bright side, we've now had a game where our issues couldn't be covered over by the hyper-accurate goal kicking run.

Lots of learnings, yo.

I for one am glad we asked the question of whether Petty could deliver consistently as a forward, and it is probably useful to be able to swing him there in the future, but he makes so much difference to our defence and not a lot of difference to our forward line. Lesson learned.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Interesting that when Collingwood fall over the line against middle of the road signs like Essendon and Adelaide- the media, the players and supporters celebrate like they’ve won a flag and give the impression that they’re this special side that captures the hearts of the media and most football supporters.

But, when we win a close game against a middle of the road side interstate in challenging conditions, it’s considered a poor win by some despite leading for 99% of the game, something that Collingwood are incapable of doing in many of their games.

This win wasn’t as poor as some are making it out to be. We got lucky with some umpire calls as well as McPherson missing that very late goal, but we beat an inform side who are playing hard footy at the moment and asked a lot of question of us today.

What game were you watching it was as poor a game from a side competing for the flag.

1 hour ago, Demon Disciple said:

Bring back BBB. Petty is so much better down back and he steadies us.

Start Max forward next week and let Brodie ruck the majority.

Petty as a forward is a heartbreaker

GOTTA PLAY BACK NEED BBB BACK DESPERATELY

• Like 1

We were way below our best in almost all facets tonight, against a hungry and in-form team with high draft picks realising their potential, on their home deck. Yet we found a way to win. The ladder ain't looking too bad either. 😀

Screenshot_20230506_204417_AFL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1