POSTGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

I don't care what the afl's explanation is about the man behind the mark giving away a free kick and 50metres, it can't be a free kick if you're outside 5 meters and BEHIND THE BLOODY MARK. STOP trying to make up rules that only exist for one interpretation to satisfy your rubbish and WRONG explanations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

Shout to Chandler. He’s kicked 10 goals in 6 games and kicked some crucial goals against Sydney and Richmond in the third quarter of both games when the heat was well and truly on.

That holding the ball and goal in the 3rd quarter was one of the plays of the year for us so far, and will lock him in the side for many weeks.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, 4_Kent_Watts said:

it can't be a free kick if you're outside 5 meters and BEHIND THE BLOODY MARK.

But he wasn't outside 5 metres behind the mark, hence the free kick. If he had stayed 5 metres out there wouldn't have been a free paid.

To be absolutely clear - The protected area extends 5 metres behind the player on the mark, and 10 metres either side.

Screenshot2023-04-24205500.thumb.jpg.cb14e135aeceb3f2a67d5845bb5bb55e.jpg

Edited by deva5610
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

There were not many teams that the Tigers wouldn’t have beat tonight. We forget their season was on the line and they threw everything at us. 

Having said that, our game has gone to absolute tatters. When there is pressure we are just no good. I could see how 3-4 Tigers players would swarm the ball winner and create a turnover. They also took the corridor away from us and we were left going through the wings.

Our kicking skills and defensive ground balls is our kryptonite and everybody knows it. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

42 minutes ago, SPC said:

Still worried about how we handle ground balls in our back half.. we just cannot stop the opposition. 
Wins wallpaper cracks.

It has been our Achilles heel down back since jetts' brilliant 2018.

I tgought bowey was poor in the first half, after two average games.

But terrific in the second half, and much better contest.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

When even my kid sister recognises the umpiring is [censored]... yes, it's questionable 

No way. Me too, and my kid sister isn’t long in Australia and has only watched a handful of games. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Take the win for sure, still so much work to do. Seriously need to work out what our best forward mix and build it around JVR.

Just on JVR, there was some Seriously embarrassing comments from supporters in the game day thread. Same ones are now praising him? C'mon..

Brodie Grundy was nearly the clincher for me. I thought he really changed the momentum for us. I know this comment won't be well received, but I think I prefer Grundy rucking more then I do with Gawn. Grundy just places its beautiful to our mids where as Gawn can be really hit and miss. And that's no disrespect to Gawn because I think he's more potent up forward. Was certainly good to have big skip back.

Glad Viney was awarded BOG

Bad: Hibberd, Oliver and May were absolutely howlers tonight. 3 senior heads who continued to cough up the ball in crucial times of the game. May's form is a worry and Oliver has gone back to just throwing the ball on the boot with zero awareness. 

Take the 4 points, recover well and move on to next Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Great to get the 4pts, felt like one of those games where everything goes against you especially the umpiring.

Defence wins flags.  Our one wood was our defence, and the anchor of that is May, Lever, Petty.

I can’t help but feel McVee playing so well has pushed Petty forward.  But the Defensive chemistry is not right.  A few players are not at their best back there and are out of form.

Lets  fix our one wood, get back to miserly defence and attack on the back of it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Having said that, our game has gone to absolute tatters. When there is pressure we are just no good. I could see how 3-4 Tigers players would swarm the ball winner and create a turnover. They also took the corridor away from us and we were left going through the wings.

Our kicking skills and defensive ground balls is our kryptonite and everybody knows it. 

Welcome to beating Melbourne 101.

Hardwick: “we know the kind of football that beats Melbourne, we just needed to execute it for longer”

this is what worries me - sides have worked our main strategy out and we don’t have enough different ways to play…and don’t choke sides out like we used to…

don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying watching our team play strong footy these days, but we’re not our once irresistible selves…

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Take the win for sure, still so much work to do. Seriously need to work out what our best forward mix and build it around JVR.

Just on JVR, there was some Seriously embarrassing comments from supporters in the game day thread. Same ones are now praising him? C'mon..

Brodie Grundy was nearly the clincher for me. I thought he really changed the momentum for us. I know this comment won't be well received, but I think I prefer Grundy rucking more then I do with Gawn. Grundy just places its beautiful to our mids where as Gawn can be really hit and miss. And that's no disrespect to Gawn because I think he's more potent up forward. Was certainly good to have big skip back.

Glad Viney was awarded BOG

Bad: Hibberd, Oliver and May were absolutely howlers tonight. 3 senior heads who continued to cough up the ball in crucial times of the game. May's form is a worry and Oliver has gone back to just throwing the ball on the boot with zero awareness. 

Take the 4 points, recover well and move on to next Saturday. 

Can’t agree on Pig. He wasn’t great but he [censored] down that guy who kicked three in the first after qtr time. Usage wasn’t great at times but was decent without being great.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Grundy was great. Loved the way he flew the flag when the richmond player left the knee on JVR's head after he took that pack mark.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Just now, Gorgoroth said:

Can’t agree on Pig. He wasn’t great but he [censored] down that guy who kicked three in the first after qtr time. Usage wasn’t great at times but was decent without being great.

Yeah maybe I'm a little harsh there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gorgoroth said:

Totally agree. Aside from some poor execution he cracked in, had 23 possessions and shut down Cumberland after quarter time. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Spargonicus said:

Hardwick: “we know the kind of football that beats Melbourne, we just needed to execute it for longer”

this is what worries me - sides have worked our main strategy out and we don’t have enough different ways to play…and don’t choke sides out like we used to…

don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying watching our team play strong footy these days, but we’re not our once irresistible selves…

Yeah not great to watch but he's right about us struggling with the 50 to 70 range at the moment.  We just turnover and let them run through us

I'll take that win over the 50 point victory that I predicted. Hard fought, in a big match. Boys should take alot of belief from that. 

I echo what alot have said about needing to find our best mix forward and back. With that said, there's so much upside to come. May to get back into form, BBBB to come back in and Petty to go back to defence imo. 

• Like 5