• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

Demonland

Maybe I’m catastrophising here, but I can easily see us going 9-3 here. Dogs are in unbelievable form and we face them at Marvel.

We then play the most in form team of the comp who’s won their past 6 games. A “home” game against Brisbane in Alice.Thank god we have the Pies after that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

Just watched a repl.j ay of tge last minute.

My goodness . Funny how people talk about being robbed and then theres that.

Wonder if it will be discussed.

Probavly a case of yea maybe we got that wrong but dont worry it only decided the game.

Plus if thats not deliberate then they MUST scrap the rule.

I would say you might have had a big arvo on the beverages.

1 minute ago, Better days ahead said:

Can i also suggest that posters refrain from inflicting their MFCSS on the rest of us.

We lost a game by one point. It's disappointing but we can't win every game. I believe we can bounce back and bring our A game next week.

Typical over the top reaction to a loss on this site.

1 minute ago, Better days ahead said:

Can i also suggest that posters refrain from inflicting their MFCSS on the rest of us.

I think some of them like that we lost. Back into their natural miserable selves.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Maybe I’m catastrophising here, but I can easily see us going 9-3 here. Dogs are in unbelievable form and we face them at Marvel.

We then play the most in form team of the comp who’s won their past 6 games. A “home” game against Brisbane in Alice.Thank god we have the Pies after that.

Or we can be 11-1 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Kinda conflicted. Know it was a loss we had to had, but would much rather it have been against a top team like Bulldogs, than a dud team like Adelaide.  I hope this is a serious wake up call to not get too confident. Maybe they’ll take the next game more seriously. I’m worried that we had a pretty good team even though Salem wasn’t playing.

Sad ?

I disagree. If I had a choice between beating the Bulldogs and losing to the the Crows or the other way round, I'd choose this result by a mile. I think it says more to to have beaten (all of the) premiership rivals before September, with a glitch against a bottom side rather than be worried by our rivals. Rather win every game though!

• Angry 1

35 minutes ago, layzie said:

Also just in advance, can we also have a moratorium on being told to ‘lighten up’ or ‘we’re 9-1 you’d think someone died round here’ or any other cool thing that some freedom fighter wants to say? Most of us will see the light eventually but give us 1 hr at least.

We're 9-1 mate, lighten up ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Not catastrophising at all. I have us going 6-6 for the rest of the year, and that's with us winning tough games against the Bombers and GWS.

15-7. Maybe just enough for top 4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Don’t mark the pies as a win

let us not allow hubris to sneak in

• Like 1

We went from the hunters to the hunted tonight.

And too many went missing in the first half.

Until we learn to travel better (a la the Tigers) we won't be a genuine contender

• Like 1

So, we played poorly, that's one thing, but something I think we really do need to get better at is putting a bigger break on lower sides early in games. 

We've been able to let sides stay with us and then kick away pleanty of times this season, but that does risk a side getting the wind in their sails and comming in over the top like Adelaide did tonight.

Just think there are times when we need to really put the foot down on the throat a bit better when we kick away to a 3 or 4 goal lead at times.   Not that it was necessary the dominant factor in tonight's loss.

• Like 3

Gawn and Lever are the biggest leaders of this football club and they were both very poor today. Really throughout.

Gawn was the awful holding the ball rather than just flicking a handball.

Lever with the decision to leave Fogarty for the 2nd last goal for a contest he was never going to get to. That's blatantly ignoring the game plan.

But all through the match they made errors under pressure that a teams most experienced senior players shouldn't make.

The same goes for Petracca. How often does he wander off the mark for no good reason? Constantly putting himself under pressure. It has to stop and has to stop now.

Selection wasn't ideal. Jetta is cooked and it's been clear for a long time now he can't play in the same side as Hibberd. Melksham somehow snuck right back in to the team, tried hard for a quarter then gave it up. I really feel for Tom Sparrow who is having his development ruined by so many trips as the sub.

We simply don't have the skills to play teams in a fast paced game. We have to pressure them and create errors. Instead of being the hunters we let ourselves become the hunted. 

• Like 3

I personally think we have played quite poorly in a number of games this year but have been lucky the other team have played worse, unfortunately not today. So so many players played rubbish today and our lack of composure was staggering. Yes Adelaide’s pressure was good but there still a below average team and if we want to finish in the top four and compete in finals we just shouldn’t lose games like that. 

Jetta was once one of my favourites and would have been my first selected in the side in the 16/17 and 18 seasons but he is so cooked it’s painful to now watch him. 

Oliver is a freak and I love him, if only he had some more support today we would be 10 zip. 

As others have said losing is not the end of the world but boy we better play much better the next couple of weeks or we will be 9 - 3 pretty quickly and back in the pack. 

6 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

The missed free kicks to us in the dying minutes were one thing, but gee didn't they give Adelaide a bucket full of BS marginal frees smack bang in front of goal.

That 50m that got paid against Gawn - like how many times does that happen to us in a game and not get paid?

I’m in total agreement.  Umps clearly had the crows victory in mind !!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Just watched a replay of the last minute.

My goodness . Funny how people talk about being robbed and then theres that.

Wonder if it will be discussed.

Probavly a case of yea maybe we got that wrong but dont worry it only decided the game.

Plus if thats not deliberate then they MUST scrap the rule.

Its so inconsistent when you put it beside Spargos. The rule needs to be updated.

• Like 1

There’s a couple of blokes who ride the coattails of others in our side. Reckon they will be a tad nervous this week.

This was probably something that had been brewing since Richmond, teams are putting time into us and we got away with it against North and Carlton but Adelaide brought the heat for the entire game with a big and patriotic crowd behind them.

Need to cop this on the chin, stop drinking the bath water and get back to what made us tick in the first 6 weeks

Edited by BW511
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

We lift for the better sides, but honestly we have played poorly for the last few games and luckily got the wins, except for today.

Agree. RUTHLESS?? Hardly. Just went through the motions v Swans and v Blues. Had reasonable wins but should have won each by 4-5 more goals. Tailed off and again tonight. 

• Like 1