Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     

Rumour only file ...



Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Pinball Wizard said:

People, let’s not forget that this thread is for rumours so you can’t get bagged for anything you post that doesn’t turn out. 

For instance, nothing frightens Ricky Nixon who tells us that -

Tom Phillips from Collingwood just been linked to a three year deal at Hawthorn talks going around he will nominate Hawthorn. 

• Stefan Martin from Brisbane after nominating Bulldogs talks two year deal for him.

• Nathan Vardy talks he will stay at West Coast despite trade talks.

• St Kilda have officially ruled out Adam Treloar leaves it for three club race for him Bulldogs strongly interested also hawthorn and Carlton interested talks Dogs set to make huge play for Treloar talks going around Western Bulldogs the only side with the interest with huge salary cap space for him out of all the team’s interested in him.

• Tom McDonald still linked to Essendon talks that deal will most likely get done but talk is Essendon wanna drop down his wage to get that deal done. 

• St Kilda coming out saying they want Nick Hind to stay talks Essendon set to make huge play for the speedster to add more pace to the forward line. 

• Jye Caldwell deal is done deal after he nominating Essendon from GWS talks Essendon are waiting on discussing on nice deal and Jye and involving picks with GWS as well.

• Jackson Hartley from GWS after nominating Adelaide talks they are discussing picks to get that deal done talks Adelaide suggested early second rd pick. 

• Shaun Higgins from North Melbourne talks Geelong were going to offer pick 37 return talks North Melbourne they don’t want pick 37 for him they want in return round pick 25-15 mark in return for him.

• Jack Higgins from Richmond to St Kilda talks St Kilda still showing strong interest talks Richmond now trying to lure him to stay at the club after Higgins and his management are keen to see interest from other clubs also talks Carlton and Hawthorn still showing strong interest in him.

• Chad Wingard despite talks of him he has told the club he wishes to stay at Hawthorn.

• Peter Wright from Gold Coast two minute Peter looks strongly likely to nominate Essendon after he is showing huge interest in the club.

• David Mundy looks set to sign one year deal at Fremantle.

• Andrew Phillips from Essendon back up ruckman has been linked to Melbourne talks Dees very keen on back up ruckman for Gawn.

• Matthew Suckling talks he will stay at Bulldogs dogs very keen on him and he’s very keen to stay at the dogs he’s told the club he’s very happy at the club.

• Kyle Dunkley looks set to sign at Essendon with Josh that deal will get done only if Josh will sign at Essendon they have told Josh about Kyle.

I have to say however, that Ricky might be running out of steam. Nothing much new or controversial here.

Sounds like Rick has run out of nose beer.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, so getting back to footy... This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players. Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been mak

Updated info for those interested :) if not please ignore.  A few clubs have come knocking about Angus Brayshaw again, nothing doing at this stage, but watch this space. they've also asked abo

For those interested I am hearing that we’d be very keen to have a chat to Adam treloar. If the pies are willing to pay a decent chunk of his salary we’d see him as a fit on the opposite wing to Langd

Posted Images


30 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Or the old booga sugar if you will. 

Empathy is a virtue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr evil said:

Definitely understand why that's not an appealing thing for you, but don't let it deter you from posting in the future, your contribution is valuable and appreciated. 

And please keep them coming remembering it is a Rumours ONLY discussion. Cheers

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Pretty sure there's a drug for that as well

🤪 many depending on your situation. 💪💪

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

 

• Peter Wright from Gold Coast two minute Peter looks strongly likely to nominate Essendon after he is showing huge interest in the club.

“2 minute Peter”?

I was going to say that was a cheap shot but 2 minutes is actually pretty good going tbh.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DubDee said:

Feel for anyone in Europe right now. Take care Bing

Yeah, just rampant. Onset of the colder weather and everyone staying indoors is what has really pushed us over the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CHF said:

I would rather not at this stage as I have witnessed how others have been jumped upon and have had to defend themselves.

I will post further if anything more solid that a whisper comes up.

 

9 hours ago, Dr evil said:

Definitely understand why that's not an appealing thing for you, but don't let it deter you from posting in the future, your contribution is valuable and appreciated. 

 

Everyone loves rumour speculation during trade period about our club. CHF is presenting it perfectly. 

Take note @Dr evilat the way @CHFconsistently states, "I am hearing" and at no stage has stated "player X is 100% coming to our club, nobody needs to worry". 

I would have thought the difference in posting style is fairly obvious. 

Nobody is going to pot you if you post information in the right manner. It's pretty easy really. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

 

 

Everyone loves rumour speculation during trade period about our club. CHF is presenting it perfectly. 

Take note @Dr evilat the way @CHFconsistently states, "I am hearing" and at no stage has stated "player X is 100% coming to our club, nobody needs to worry". 

I would have thought the difference in posting style is fairly obvious. 

Nobody is going to pot you if you post information in the right manner. It's pretty easy really. 

 

Rubbish. The reason people like @CHF have to hold back is because a small minority of posters on here are threatened by posters with information, for whatever reason. So they create a standard where everyone but them must have every bit of intel they post come through. I’ve spoken to 10 plus posters with information that used to post it but don’t anymore and they always name the same few posters as the reason. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr evil said:

Rubbish. The reason people like @CHF have to hold back is because a small minority of posters on here are threatened by posters with information, for whatever reason. So they create a standard where everyone but them must have every bit of intel they post come through. I’ve spoken to 10 plus posters with information that used to post it but don’t anymore and they always name the same few posters as the reason. 

Haha, unreal. 

I've been reading and posting on this forum for years, as many have, and there have been countless posters who have shared what they've heard and stated it plainly and clearly. Prefacing what they post by stating it is indeed second hand info. 

Posters like that are appreciated by the vast majority on here and if a troll or two put them off for posting that info then I don't know why they post on forums. 

The vast majority wouldn't have said diddly squat to you either. And your info was appreciated by the vast majority before you made your bed by responding to individual posts on several occasions stating in bold that Smith was 100% signed, sealed, delivered. 

The problem is yours and yours alone. And whoever the posters were that msged you, they either made the same mistake you did, or their tolerance for questioning from a select few trolls is not where it needs to be on a platform like this. 

@CHFshould know that whatever info they share is appreciated by the great majority, and as long as they keep sharing what they've heard, without jumping the gun early and making silly statements several times, they will not be bothered by the great majority. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said this before, if you're coming on a football fan forum and you're not taking every single thing you read with a grain of salt, you've only got yourself to blame. and if you're getting upset or annoyed at posters for getting it wrong, grow up. 

I almost never share the intel i get on the public forum anymore because it's genuinely not worth the BS that comes with it. 

 

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

I've said this before, if you're coming on a football fan forum and you're not taking every single thing you read with a grain of salt, you've only got yourself to blame. and if you're getting upset or annoyed at posters for getting it wrong, grow up. 

I almost never share the intel i get on the public forum anymore because it's genuinely not worth the BS that comes with it. 

 

Exactly patches all info and rumours are good up to the reader to accept of not or dismiss

Shooting messengers on here has become an artform

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Rohan will be leaving the Cats judging by the article in the Sun. 
I wonder how much the off the field stuff played a part in their GF loss?

can see him ending up at GC

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

People, let’s not forget that this thread is for rumours so you can’t get bagged for anything you post that doesn’t turn out. 

For instance, nothing frightens Ricky Nixon who tells us that -

Tom Phillips from Collingwood just been linked to a three year deal at Hawthorn talks going around he will nominate Hawthorn. 

• Stefan Martin from Brisbane after nominating Bulldogs talks two year deal for him.

• Nathan Vardy talks he will stay at West Coast despite trade talks.

• St Kilda have officially ruled out Adam Treloar leaves it for three club race for him Bulldogs strongly interested also hawthorn and Carlton interested talks Dogs set to make huge play for Treloar talks going around Western Bulldogs the only side with the interest with huge salary cap space for him out of all the team’s interested in him.

• Tom McDonald still linked to Essendon talks that deal will most likely get done but talk is Essendon wanna drop down his wage to get that deal done. 

• St Kilda coming out saying they want Nick Hind to stay talks Essendon set to make huge play for the speedster to add more pace to the forward line. 

• Jye Caldwell deal is done deal after he nominating Essendon from GWS talks Essendon are waiting on discussing on nice deal and Jye and involving picks with GWS as well.

• Jackson Hartley from GWS after nominating Adelaide talks they are discussing picks to get that deal done talks Adelaide suggested early second rd pick. 

• Shaun Higgins from North Melbourne talks Geelong were going to offer pick 37 return talks North Melbourne they don’t want pick 37 for him they want in return round pick 25-15 mark in return for him.

• Jack Higgins from Richmond to St Kilda talks St Kilda still showing strong interest talks Richmond now trying to lure him to stay at the club after Higgins and his management are keen to see interest from other clubs also talks Carlton and Hawthorn still showing strong interest in him.

• Chad Wingard despite talks of him he has told the club he wishes to stay at Hawthorn.

• Peter Wright from Gold Coast two minute Peter looks strongly likely to nominate Essendon after he is showing huge interest in the club.

• David Mundy looks set to sign one year deal at Fremantle.

• Andrew Phillips from Essendon back up ruckman has been linked to Melbourne talks Dees very keen on back up ruckman for Gawn.

• Matthew Suckling talks he will stay at Bulldogs dogs very keen on him and he’s very keen to stay at the dogs he’s told the club he’s very happy at the club.

• Kyle Dunkley looks set to sign at Essendon with Josh that deal will get done only if Josh will sign at Essendon they have told Josh about Kyle.

I have to say however, that Ricky might be running out of steam. Nothing much new or controversial here.

I got to know Ricky  years ago, pre sniffing. Played basketball together, he was ok, a bit of a joke. He would walk down the court telliing the ref how much more he knew about the game than him. He walked in the shadow of some genuine stars at Calton. Success with his Top Ten concept went to his head, literally. Some many people started hanging off his every word. Take it all with a grain of salt now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

“2 minute Peter”?

I was going to say that was a cheap shot but 2 minutes is actually pretty good going tbh.

is that how quickly his heart beats per second too?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so getting back to footy...

This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players.

Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been making a few calls to him trying to entice him over with his preferred role of being a run with/inside mid. Don't know how much he considered it, wasn't told, but Harmes had been pretty disappointed with Goodwin during the year for not communicating.

He had a meeting with Goodwin yesterday and apparently put it all on the table a bit. Made it clear he wasn't happy with where the culture was at and that there was different rules for different players. Goody didn't agree with all of it but at least heard him out and it was apparently a pretty productive meeting.

What's come out of that is Goody has told him he won't be traded and that next year he will go back to a run with role where he drifts forward. The feeling from the family member was that it was an improvement from what they've seen with Goody's listening and they put it down to mostly Richo's influence and possibly a bit of Yze's.

Not exactly earth shattering news, but thought I'd pass on to try and get us back on track a bit.

  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Ok, so getting back to footy...

This is second hand info, passed onto me by someone who has spoken to family of players.

Harmes has been chased by North this trade period. Roosy has been making a few calls to him trying to entice him over with his preferred role of being a run with/inside mid. Don't know how much he considered it, wasn't told, but Harmes had been pretty disappointed with Goodwin during the year for not communicating.

He had a meeting with Goodwin yesterday and apparently put it all on the table a bit. Made it clear he wasn't happy with where the culture was at and that there was different rules for different players. Goody didn't agree with all of it but at least heard him out and it was apparently a pretty productive meeting.

What's come out of that is Goody has told him he won't be traded and that next year he will go back to a run with role where he drifts forward. The feeling from the family member was that it was an improvement from what they've seen with Goody's listening and they put it down to mostly Richo's influence and possibly a bit of Yze's.

Not exactly earth shattering news, but thought I'd pass on to try and get us back on track a bit.

I can absolutely believe the framework of this,  but I always have a hard time believing the concept that:

"Goodwin thought that the MFC was best off having Harmes play down back this year, but because he complained Goodwin promised to change our entire onfield balance by shifting him back into the mid field." (Paraphrased obv)

Making that change as part of a larger coaching season review, I can believe. But not knee jerk based on one convo, walking out thinking to himself "Oh no, I just signed Viney for 5 years, and now I promised Harmes midfield time. What do I do?"

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deanox said:

I can absolutely believe the framework of this,  but I always have a hard time believing the concept that:

"Goodwin thought that the MFC was best off having Harmes play down back this year, but because he complained Goodwin promised to change our entire onfield balance by shifting him back into the mid field." (Paraphrased obv)

Making that change as part of a larger coaching season review, I can believe. But not knee jerk based on one convo, walking out thinking to himself "Oh no, I just signed Viney for 5 years, and now I promised Harmes midfield time. What do I do?"

If true tells me all i need to know about Goodwins mismanagement and people skills

At least he appears to be listening and taking counsel

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    MOGGIES MASTERED by George on the Outer

    They say that herding cats is an impossible task but not for the Melbourne Demons who through relentless pressure, scored a commanding 25 point victory in Round 4 over Geelong at the MCG. The team that missed the AFL finals only once in the past dozen years were shown up by the new Demons of 2021 who have recorded their first 4-0 opening to the season in 21 years! Melbourne knew what was coming, and it was Geelong who were shown up for their inability to adapt to the 2021 style of foot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNDER MY SKIN by The Oracle

    The story goes that there’s a certain player from Geelong who has been seen in Moorabool Street crooning the old Sinatra classic, “I’ve got you under my skin.” His name is O’Connor and he’s been tasked to achieve one thing on Sunday by his coach, Chris Scott: to get under the skin of a Demon midfielder on Sunday and thereby tag him out of the big contest at the G. The idea behind the tactic is to not only blunt one of the team’s most destructive weapons but to distract them all from producing th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAX IN SPACE

    Demon skipper Max Gawn is one big unit at 208cm and lately he’s been standing even taller. We already know that he’s unstoppable in the air when going for a mark but with three consecutive victories to open the season, you might say that he has his head in the clouds.  And that is literally true thanks to a fan at Demonland.com who recently arranged for our big ruckman to go even further than the clouds but way beyond to the edge of space and into the stratosphere. And this photograph of Ma

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 25

    CAPITAL PUNISHMENT by George on the Outer

    A 34-point win in the nation’s capital has seen the Demons kill the Giants hopes early in the 2021 season. It wasn’t only the scoreboard, but a succession of injuries to major players for GWS that has put paid to their aspirations. The winning result wasn’t just due to the opposition losing players, but also to the relentless pressure from this 2021 Melbourne side that put them in the winners circle. In past years, a 16 point deficit at the first change combined with a rampant Toby Greene w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    POWER AND THE PASSION by Whispering Jack

    The Demons ran out for their Qualifying Final match against the Fremantle Dockers at Casey Fields as the sounds of Midnight Oils’ “Power and the Passion cascaded over the mainly friendly pro-Melbourne crowd. It was a far cry from the season opener at Carrara in late January where few of their fans were in attendance in high 20’s heat and humidity and silence greeted every score from the slow-starting Demons. They ran away from the lowly Suns, won comfortably in the end and followed that with ano

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BREAK OUT by Whispering Jack

    Despite the chaotic events occurring in Canberra over the past few weeks, one thing is for certain. This weekend’s game at Manuka Oval in the nation’s capital between the GWS Giants and Melbourne will decide which of Scott Morrison or Leon Cameron is the most under the pump at this point in time.  This time twelve months ago, the Giants were coming off a season in which they had played off in a grand final. They opened up their 2020 campaign with a resounding 32-point victory in round 1 aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MARVELOUS PRESSURE by George on the Outer

    Is this a new form of Melbourne which has suddenly emerged in 2021?  In the past, whenever the pressure was applied, the team would falter early and as a consequence, it would more often than not, be forced to confront its own self-inflicted failure. But perhaps not so this year. The match at Marvel Stadium against the Saints provided an insight into how creating pressure, actually relieves it on the club, players and coach. Right from the start, Melbourne was there to make a stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    STUCK IN THE MIDDLE by The Oracle

    Throughout the off season, St Kilda was touted as an improver and a possible challenger for a top four position mainly off the back of another good trade and draft period at the end of last year. Then in Round 1, the undermanned Saints made a shaky start and almost succumbed to the Giants but they managed to come home from a wet and woolly Sydney with the four points intact. For Round 2, they have a couple of handy players returning so they come into the the game at Marvel Stadium choc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A SCRAPPY, SLOPPY SUCCESS by George on the Outer

    After what seemed like an eternity without Footy in Melbourne, the Demons and their fans produced a scrappy, sloppy yet successful return to the MCG. Yet is was against an interstate team from the furthest reaches of the country, but the 21K fans who made it through the gates, was way below expectations for numbers.  Sure it can’t have helped with all the difficulty that Ticketek imposed just to get a ticket, and since you just couldn’t walk up, perhaps the number wasn’t that surprising.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNFINISHED BUSINESS by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club has unfinished business with Fremantle after that unexpected loss in their previous clash at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns cost it a place in last year’s finals campaign.   Back then, the tired Demons spluttered listlessly through the humid conditions in tropical far North Queensland playing in and losing two games in the space of four days and against two lowly clubs. The end result was much more than an embarrassment for the club given what was at stake at th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PRACTICE PUMMELLING by George on the Outer

    Was this a practice for what lay ahead for the Demons in 2021 or was it an outcome to expect because it was used as a true practice game? Those of us on the outside will never know, but a 39 point loss to the Western Bulldogs was a pummelling in anyone’s language. We can draw some consolation from the players that Melbourne put on the field, with Toby Bedford, Jake Bowey, Kade Chandler, James Jordon and Tom Sparrow each getting a guernsey whereas they probably would not normally be in the f

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A WALK IN THE PAST by Whispering Jack

    On Monday night, the Melbourne Football Club handed out four life memberships. Two of those awards went to men who are long gone. Charles ‘Chubby’ Forrester and James ‘Jas’ Byrne played for the club in the 1870s, even before the Victorian Football Association was formed. The other two are current skipper Max Gawn and swingman Tom McDonald, who almost left the club at the end of the pandemic-affected 2020 season. Some fans might have raised their eyebrows and wondered whether the emphasis on hist

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...