• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Finals Week 2

Demonland

GWS must win this year. As the AFL. (love child) investment vehicle , it is important that they provide a positive example (return) as inspiration for the invasion into NSW.

So it is important that eye get this out of the way before Melbourne is allowed to begin their reign of superiority built on years of failure.

GO GWS THEN GO DEES

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dpositive said:

GWS must win this year. As the AFL. (love child) investment vehicle , it is important that they provide a positive example (return) as inspiration for the invasion into NSW.

So it is important that eye get this out of the way before Melbourne is allowed to begin their reign of superiority built on years of failure.

GO GWS THEN GO DEES

Wow i've seen some interesting assumptions and imaginings on D'land over the years DP but i have have to congratulate you on this one.   It's right out there with the best!

1 hour ago, dpositive said:

GO GWS THEN GO DEES

You must be on new Medication dp. I would have the dosage adjusted first thing Monday morning :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SaberFang said:

There is literally no one to root for next week. I probably hate Richmond the least but knowing that at least one of Collingwood/Giants and potentially the Cats are in the GF is nightmare fuel. Eagles, Bulldogs and Lions were all far more tolerable options and they're all out! [censored]!

Other than you saying the E swear word in a sentence with Bulldogs and Lions, I agree. I really hoped Brisbane would give it a shake, but oh well. It’s physically impossible for me to go for Geelong and Collingwood, and going for GWS feels too empty, so I suppose Richmond it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Frees 31 Lions 23 Giants.

It was an over officiated mess, until it wasn’t.  They even told Charlie Cameron’s opponent he would get a free kick against it they targeted his sore arm.  Felt like the umps were trying to assert control, and struggling to do so.  54 free kicks! >14 per quarter, or 1 every 2 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nasher said:

I only saw Q2 and Q3 of last night’s match, but from what I saw it was also #freekickgws

Chamberlain and Ryan shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a finals match again. 

As Richo commented during the match "Ray should stop providing commentary to the players and umpire the match" ( He will probably get a letter from the AFL this week for being truthful)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Richmond/Collingwood is the AFLs dream GF. The $$$$$ that would be generated.

I attended the Cats game on Friday night and felt the crowd was nothing short of embarrassing for Geelong. Plenty of west coast support. You could fire a shot through parts of the ground close to start. 

Now going to pies prelim with a smaller crowd but more that Friday's probably.  I fear the atmosphere for a GWS GF.

The AFL will have to do what they did in Week 1 and have amplified crowd noise when GWS kicks a goals.

2 hours ago, dees189227 said:

How about GWS knock out collingwood then beat Geelong on grand final day. I could just about handle that. I think I could just about handle seeing Chris Scott and Danger getting beaten. 

Tigers will maul them.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Chamberlain and Ryan shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a finals match again. 

As Richo commented during the match "Ray should stop providing commentary to the players and umpire the match" ( He will probably get a letter from the AFL this week for being truthful)

There's little doubt that the outright physicality of GWS and the Lions' response spooked the umpires. Luckily they didn't ruin a very good game.

I think it was the last quarter and four talls went for a mark on the wing and all four collapsed to the ground and the ball ran free. Comical. How the umpire found a free kick out it is equally comical.

Edited by Diamond_Jim

I found the whole “bringing the game into disrepute” comment by Ryan fascinating. Was it premeditated? Was it random? Whatever it was it was certainly bizarre to emerge in the middle of one of the more important games of the year. We then saw vision of Whitfield collapsing behind the play from a rabbit punch to his “bad back” from his opponent. The commentators noted the danger of this sort of precedent, when umpires acknowledge on-going injuries and “warn” opponents not to “target” them and in doing so “bringing the game into disrepute”. Just weird in my view and a massive can of worms waiting to be opened and dare I say exploited by our more lateral coaches. If premeditated, the unintended consequences of such clownery is so typical of how the AFL butchers the game.

• Like 1

Gee, you'd be disappointed if you were a Lions fan. What a choke. Out in straight sets.

We may not have made the top 4 last year, let alone the top 2, but we won two finals. 

Hope it means they're mentally scarred and tumble back down the ladder next year. One less competitor for us.