Match Preview and Team Selection - Round 7

Demonland

32 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but given it's St Kilda v Melbourne playing this week, it's an appropriate time to ask the following: Is Carl Ditterich the only player in VFL/AFL history to have played with two clubs twice? That is, Carl played with St Kilda, then Melbourne, then St Kilda again and then Melbourne again. Has anyone else done that?

PS: This game should be played for the Carl Ditterich Cup, which should have a nice, white headband attached to the top.

And apparently as well as playing for both clubs twice Carl also Captained both clubs and won each clubs B & F.

There actually should be some sort of official recognition for this. That is one hell of a record. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

ANB the luckiest player in the AFL right now.

Goodwin mentioned continuity. He might havw avoided the axe to enure some continuity in the team. He and harmes both need good games wirh viney and salem both back for gc (hopefully).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-man said:

They will come out all guns blazing trying to prove they aren't the rabble everyone suspects them to be. Weather the storm in the first quarter then put the foot down. We should really be winning this one comfortably.

I,m going a bit the other way P-man. I think we should get into them, from the get go, real hard. We have the personnel now to take it to most, if not all from the start. This year we have taken it to Tigers and Cats at the start. Our guys should be putting all their quarters together, particularly the last, no matter what the score line.

• Like 1

I like the 1 change, it gives us a bit of stability.

Probably the strongest side we have put out on the park, hopefully it will be even stronger next week when Salem and Viney return.

Players like Weid, Harmes and ANB won't want to play a bad game, competition for spots is hotting up.

Edited by WERRIDEE

3 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I like the 1 change, it gives us a bit of stability.

Probably the strongest side we have put out in the park, hopefully it will be even stronger next week when Salem and Viney return.

Players like Weid, Harmes and ANB won't want to play a bad game, competition for spots is hotting up.

And we are playing a poor team. The Weid is playing in a forward line where he is clearly the third best tall so should get the third best defender. If cannot play a reasonable game this weekend then he never will IMO. It is put up or shut up time.

• Like 4

Here's a great stat's page by a funny bloke (not me) - for those thinking we SHOULD win by 6 goals or more, this may put it in perspective. I personally think it'll be within 3 goals on skill - and then more than that due to mental fragility (on either side).

https://plussixoneblog.com/post/round-7-afl-mens-preview/

Personally id have Jeffy in for Harmes.

If neither are on....not a lot of diff.

If ON... Garletts ceiling is much higher. Also....am keen to see Charlie and Jeffy together.i just get a feeling theyd click massively. Both very instinctive users of the ball. What a handful...if on song.

Harmes can play well but though a reactionary type player id just have an in form Jeff instead. Just me.

Not happening this game. Harmes really needs to produce IMHO

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

If ON... Garletts ceiling is much higher. Also....am keen to see Charlie and Jeffy together.i just get a feeling theyd click massively. Both very instinctive users of the ball. What a handful...if on song.

Harmes can play well but though a reactionary type player id just have an in form Jeff instead. Just me.

I don’t agree.  If Harmes is off he still attacks the footy and tackles, Garlett does not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Very interesting reasons and I support the concept of Garlett and Charlie doing it with their instinctive games. For heaven's sake, the noted and big time forwards have been quiet all year - might instil a little initiative across the board.

• Like 1

Melbourne
B:
 Michael Hibberd, Oscar McDonald, Neville Jetta
HB: Angus Brayshaw, Jake Lever, Jayden Hunt
? Jordan Lewis, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson
HF: Mitch Hannan, Jesse Hogan, Jake Melksham
F: Sam Weideman, Tom McDonald, Christian Petracca
Foll: Max Gawn, Bernie Vince, Clayton Oliver
I/C: James Harmes, Charlie Spargo, Alex Neal-Bullen, Bayley Fritsch

In: Petracca
Out: Christian Salem (thumb)

According to the MFC site, this is the team for the match against StKilda. 

It is a worry.

19 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Melbourne
B:

It is a worry.

Why is it a worry? 

39 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Melbourne
B:

It is a worry.

I have not been more confident of a win this year than this Sundays game. I was also confident against North, but i really believe we have the Saints covered all over the ground as long as we take the game on. Plenty of our players have been down, but i have genuine confidence we can take this game by a decent margin. (5-7 goals)

Ofc if the unthinkable happens and we lose, i will be back to saying "Here we go again", and calling for Goodwins head. 

:roos:

Edited by ding
  • Like 2

I’m surprised about Trac. 

I had to get 2 stitches between my fingers today and I can barely move it. It’s quite sore. How he can play a week after stitches and a skin graft is amazing. 

I couldn’t even put socks on. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

The idea of a legume calling the admin a spud is doing my head in

They're all on the same gravy boat.

Just add a Beef, and roast 2 hours after games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I’m surprised about Trac. 

I had to get 2 stitches between my fingers today and I can barely move it. It’s quite sore. How he can play a week after stitches and a skin graft is amazing. 

I couldn’t even put socks on. 

Jaded, you're not supposed to put socks on your hands.  So silly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Trac will NOT PLAY!!

Jeffy probable In!

Even with Truck named on the field ? ?

51 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Even with Truck named on the field ? ?

Yes because this is about fitness tests for selected players, not about who gets named emergencies. 

• Like 1