Round 1 Non MFC games

Diamond_Jim

7 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Buckley up in the coaches box looked like he was seeing Aussie rules for the first time.

"What the hell is this? Is it a sport? What's going on?"

Did he make a move all night? He seems to look aghast in the box, picks up the phone and threatens to make a phone call and then goes back to being aghast again. How we lost to them in Round 23 I'll never know.

I actually think their list has somehow gotten worse over the off season.

Maybe because they have no forward structure without Blair and co? I'd bite the bullet and play a small quick forwardline if I was Buckley - the Richmond blueprint.

Their ball use was terrible, but they had absolutely no forward structure all night. The fact that Reid and Cox couldn't have marked a beach ball tonight, only exacerbated their ineffectiveness forward of centre. 

1 hour ago, bingers said:

The commentary team of Brayshaw/Richo/Darcy isn't too bad.

Or perhaps that's by way of comparison to BT (big turd), Bwuce, Basil, Hamish? 

Brayshaw is terrible. "Collingwood haven't done much wrong tonight", he says as they're 5 goals down. He's got no idea. He should stick to commentating the Mercantile Mutual Cup.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Why don’t teams put a hard tag on Mitchell? They seem happy to let him get his usual 45 odd disposals every game. 

Some coaches are starting to put a tagger on some of these big ball winners Earl.  It still astounds me how the likes of Heppel, Sam Mitchell (more so in his prime) and others are able to run around into space, get on the end of receives and just waltz around causing mayhem a lot of the time under little or no pressure.

No doubt there are some that are harder to tag than others but it's still a lost art.  Might be slowly starting to see a bit of a renaissance in the last year or so (depending on the coach).

Plough always harps on about this and how coaches are sometimes digging their team's grave by not applying a tagging run with player on some of the more damaging ball getters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Buckley up in the coaches box looked like he was seeing Aussie rules for the first time.

"What the hell is this? Is it a sport? What's going on?"

Maybe it's the camera angle but he cuts a lonely figure sitting up there in the box.

...and they say misery loves company.

I like Buckley (can't stand his team) but his body language has loser written all over it.

On 23/03/2018 at 11:38 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought it was an entertaining game, great start to the season with 2 really good games. (2nd quarter may have been a bit sloppy, I was building  Lego with my kids but had it on in the background  and noticed the scoreboard wasn't ticking over)

Can't wait for Sunday!

I think my comment was made some time in the second quarter or at half time (can’t recall). The first half was absolute shite! Admittedly it did improve in the second half.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveyDee said:

Yeah Hawks are my smokie to return to the 8 this year so I’m prepared to give the Pies 5 or 6 more games to see where they are at

they've got arguably the greatest coach the game has ever had

learned everything he knows about coaching at the demons! (and everything he knew about being a ruthless thug at north?)

i can't see many oppo coaching departments letting tom mitchell run around like that for the rest of the year tho

• Like 1

THE only positive I see with our Rd 23 loss was that we’re going to see 2 more years of this rabble under Buckley.

I have a die hard Collingwood colleague at work who regrets beating Melbourne in Rd 23.

She was happy for 5 minuets after the game. Now she’s in misery for a further 2 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

THE only positive I see with our Rd 23 loss was that we’re going to see 2 more years of this rabble under Buckley.

I have a die hard Collingwood colleague at work who regrets beating Melbourne in Rd 23.

She was happy for 5 minuets after the game. Now she’s in misery for a further 2 years.

Ha ha, yes, the only silver lining to come from that debacle was that Eddie cracked a [censored] and reappointed Nathan.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.