• Podcast      

Diamond_Jim

Round 1 Non MFC games

It's almost time for kick off.

Hard to decide between tonight's protagonists on  a "who do we want to win basis."

My head slightly says Carlton to lose by a big margin as relegating them to their usual low place on the ladder together with sending a message to our mates at the AFL would give me satisfaction.

Then again a Richmond loss might not be bad for us come the pointy end of the season.

A draw perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

It's almost time for kick off.

Hard to decide between tonight's protagonists on  a "who do we want to win basis."

My head slightly says Carlton to lose by a big margin as relegating them to their usual low place on the ladder together with sending a message to our mates at the AFL would give me satisfaction.

Then again a Richmond loss might not be bad for us come the pointy end of the season.

A draw perhaps?

All good. Nice to see the final 22, as well for Rnd 1.

Richmond by about 4 goals

9 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Richmond by about 4 goals

I think Richmond by a bit more but Carlton will improve.

I wish we had Charlie Curnow.

• Like 1

90,000 Richmond and Carlscum people at our home tonight

It is a hideous vision. 

Don’t wreck the joint

The result is awful whichever way it falls, but my Grandad was born in Kelso Street in 1908 so i know he will be watching from above. 

Richmond by 5 points

Well I've gone for the Tiges by 67... 

'67 wasn't a bad year.

Hawthorn beats Collingwood, surely.

A magic night for footy...

wouldn't it be great if the game was between two decent sides.

Funnily enough there are many Carlton diehards who think they can win judging by SEN.

Carlton kept themselves in many games last year by playing completely defensive football. Will be interesting to see their game plan for 2018.

Richmond by 40 easing down and Winx tomorrow ... there's sure to be a double on one of the betting agencies.

Carlton will have their arse handed to them tonight.

Much like the Cats on Sunday.

• Like 3

Richmond by 12 goals. I don’t know where Carlton’s goals are going to come from. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Some possible outcomes from tonight's game that would make anyone happy.

Tigers crush Carlton by 20 goals and end their season on day 1.

Carlton crush Tigers by 20 goals and expose their game plan. Setting up Tigers for more losses and a mediocre season.

The downside is ... in both of those outcomes, someone wins.

How about ...

They play a dull, poorly skilled draw, 6 goals apiece, with only 2 goals total scored in the second half. Crowds start leaving at 3/4 time out of boredom. Three best players from each side suspended due to acts of thuggery.

Or ...

30 mins before the bounce, ASADA show up and charge all players from each team with doping offences. Amid a flurry of lawyers and injunctions, the game is called off. Channel 7 sue the AFL. RFC and CFC suspended from the league for a year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

i tend to think tigers will start the year like a house on fire

jake niall in the age talked about how he expects them to be a bit like collingwood after the 2010 premiership and just red hot - pies fell over in the last day in september in 2011 amidst the mick / bucks takeover discussion

11 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

30 mins before the bounce, ASADA show up and charge all players from each team with doping offences. Amid a flurry of lawyers and injunctions, the game is called off. Channel 7 sue the AFL. RFC and CFC suspended from the league for a year.

Bahahaha!!! Now that would be fantastic, as good as Dangerfield destroying his Hamstring on the Members Wing during the !st Quarter on Sunday

I expect Richmond to win comfortably. I will watch the beginning of it and flick between that and the storm game. 

Tomorrow night I cannot believe the bummers get a home Friday night game. The crows deserved to have it on there home turf. 

• Like 1

Tonight’s game is a sellout. Although I tipped the Toiges, I’d be happy with a Carlton upset just to see the Toiges tears. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Tiges Easily, too much class over the field.

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Some possible outcomes from tonight's game that would make anyone happy.

Tigers crush Carlton by 20 goals and end their season on day 1.

Carlton crush Tigers by 20 goals and expose their game plan. Setting up Tigers for more losses and a mediocre season.

The downside is ... in both of those outcomes, someone wins.

How about ...

They play a dull, poorly skilled draw, 6 goals apiece, with only 2 goals total scored in the second half. Crowds start leaving at 3/4 time out of boredom. Three best players from each side suspended due to acts of thuggery.

Or ...

Veeeeerrryy crafty to expose the game plan after they won a flag. Kudos blues!

Interesting comments by Balme on 3AW on their game plan.

He agrees it was the absence of talls that drives their game plan and it revolves around bringing the ball to ground at all times.

In the finals last year they were good at score conversion off the packs just like the Dogs in 2016 (Toiges were even better).

Will be intersting to see what teams especailly the power marking sides like GWS and Adelaide do to challenge the game plan.

9 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I think Richmond by a bit more but Carlton will improve.

I wish we had Charlie Curnow.

Curnow and McKay look like a nice pair to have kicking goals in a couple of years. They just need to find more midfielders and they won't be a bad side.

7 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Those drummers give me the $hits

Don’t get the drums...But it aint for me

I must say Richmond’s Black jumper is so much better to look at

Stinks what the AFL did last year...

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Can someone tell me who to barrack for?  I don't know what to do - I hate them both!

Just cheer for the guys in your fantasy teams.:)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.