Sam Frost on the move?

Demon Jim

I dont want frost to go .

when pederson is done in 2-3 years can frost be the chop out ruck forward?  I think so but if the club knows better and doesnt want depth or a one dimensional asset they may decide to trade him .

But I wouldnt he has been huge in many moments in games this year .

Get lever-  send carlton our first pic or picks whatever ( theyl work it out) gibbs to crows lever to us.

• Like 1

Goodwin has really put the foot down. 

There are no easy games. I wish Neale Danniher had been more like this. We all loved Neale for good reason, but too many soft games were granted. 

Goodwin is raising the bar

Frost may have played his last MFC game

who knows....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

We have one player in defence beside Hunt, who will probably move to a wing anyway, who has pace and that is Frost.

I hope we keep him.

5 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

He's got x-factor, we could almost play him on a wing now.

My thoughts too along those lines, but really, what do we know?

1 hour ago, Stretch Johnson said:

I can see why some  would be nervous at losing Frost for his potential upside. He is a freak athlete and his ability to break the lines is awesome.

It's the basics that are the issue.  His judgement in the air is often appalling,  his positioning is all over the shop and his disposal is often scary. 

If he improves those things he could be a great footballer.  If he doesn't then he becomes a player that you can't trust to give you a consistent output. 

It gets down to making a judgement on his physical ability to improve in those areas and his coachability.

It's tough for us to make a judgement on coachability as it relies a lot on stuff that the average supporter can't judge just watching footy. 

The said coaching team obviously have their own thoughts, almost certainly with more knowledge and understanding of his and the team's needs and capabilities than any of us have. 

Jeez I don't know about this. When your list is in good shape, you don't change it. You only make the move when you have gaps.

Lever is special. Getting him not only means we get production, but we stop other clubs having him. If there's a time to trade away a young good player with attributes, I guess now is the time.

I'm interested in other peoples' idea that we lose one and gain one and everything's fine. We currently have only 4 on the senior list, and one's Garland. Another will play forward to some degree. Imagine if one or both Macdonalds got hurt.

In truth we need both Lever and a backup like Frost. Frost is probably too good now to be told he has to play the majority of the year in the reserves. But given Lever has an injury history and plays the game very hard... Frost is basically the ideal to have stashed on your list.

This is a tricky one. 

• Like 2

Was Stef really played that much in the Ruck ? He seemed all over the place. I didn't mind Stef but we were a vexed team them.

4 hours ago, CityDee said:

I dont want frost to go .

when pederson is done in 2-3 years can frost be the chop out ruck forward?  I think so but if the club knows better and doesnt want depth or a one dimensional asset they may decide to trade him .

But I wouldnt he has been huge in many moments in games this year .

Get lever-  send carlton our first pic or picks whatever ( theyl work it out) gibbs to crows lever to us.

Image result for sam frost DUMPED

Don't want to lose Sam Frost either

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, poita said:

For a guy in his sixth season on AFL list, Frost's development has stalled badly this year. He is clearly an excellent athlete, but he is not a natural footballer. Some of his decision making and positioning has been awful this season.

I'd like to keep him around, but not on stupid money.  I'm not sure what his bargaining position is whilst he is at Casey, so hopefully he comes to his senses and takes the club's offer.

You serious? Stalled badly this season? I'm not sure who you were watching last year but I thought he'd come on significantly this year until a month of poor form prior to his demotion. And he may be in his sixth season but he hasn't really had a clean run at it up until the last couple seasons. But whatever.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Damn, I thought this was going to be about The Bachelor. 

Word has it, Matty J was spotted seen having coffee with Bernie Vince the other week.

He was also seen checking out South Yarra apartments on Domain.com on his iPhone.

Apparently grew up as a Demons' supporter.

And Josh Mahoney's wife is addicted to watching The Bachelor.

Just sayin' ... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Umpire Please said:

He has been worked out by the opposition that he hasn't got a big engine. Very good in the first half but drops off in the second half. So they now run him around early and then they get to run off him in the later part of the game. Club have told him but he isn't doing the extra work. 

Definite grounds for non-selection (if correct). 

Not working on identified problems is not smart as Goodwin had shown he is not to be trifled with. 

• Like 1

I do love it when I see him dash away with the footy going on a daring adventure that usually ends with a 50m bomb to hopefulness.

But...

A tall defender's first job is beating his bloke and not the daring dash. Knowing your role is more important than the 'point of difference' that Frost allows with his spurts of excitedness.

It is similar to the criticisms of Tom McD and his kicking; he screws up one or two of his 7 kicks? Oh ok, but he has just destroyed the best forward on the other team by doing his job and playing his very important role.

That is not to say that I think Frost is anything other than developing well as a tall back, but Lever is a different level and would free up T Mac and also Hibberd with the way he plays his crucial role.

Edited by rpfc
made it make sense

I'm in the Mark Neeld boat on this.

I definitely didn't see Frosty's axing coming three weeks ago. Yes I spotted that he totally mis-kicked a key kick into the wind against GWS. But that came after a linebreaking two bounce run. He's a thumping kick when he gets on to one but like Jayden prone to missing the long target and he needs to improve his ability to kick the ball lower - he gets too much hang time on occasions which gives defenders time to get back.

But he's rarely been smashed by his opponents this season - he wasn't always on Tex in Darwin - and the zone means he's not always directly on a man anyway. One valid criticism of him is that for a big bloke who is mega quick, he should get more intercepts marks than he does - hence our desire to get Jake Lever in.

But why trade Frosty for him, as the tea leaves seem to be suggesting. He's still young (23) and Tom Mc can clearly be moved forward as he has shown this year.

I'm surprised Adelaide want Frosty as well, they have found Keath but perhaps they don't rate Hartigan that highly and want a running tall to replace Lever.

It won't be a straight trade, but I could see us giving up our first rounder and getting back their second rounder  - which may well be a junk time pick 36 anyway.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

I can see why some  would be nervous at losing Frost for his potential upside. He is a freak athlete and his ability to break the lines is awesome.

It's the basics that are the issue.  His judgement in the air is often appalling,  his positioning is all over the shop and his disposal is often scary. 

If he improves those things he could be a great footballer.  If he doesn't then he becomes a player that you can't trust to give you a consistent output. 

It gets down to making a judgement on his physical ability to improve in those areas and his coachability.

It's tough for us to make a judgement on coachability as it relies a lot on stuff that the average supporter can't judge just watching footy. 

Talk about scary disposal.

One of our most improved players is really scary with his disposal and I speak of ANB.

Every time he gets the ball I hope he doesn't give the opposition another goal.

He has done it far too often this season already.

• Like 1

What even is this topic? Who started this rumour?

Frosty isn't going anywhere, I can guarantee it. He is just, like a lot of players, waiting till the end of the season to negotiate a contract. Ya'll are crazy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

What even is this topic? Who started this rumour?

Frosty isn't going anywhere, I can guarantee it. He is just, like a lot of players, waiting till the end of the season to negotiate a contract. Ya'll are crazy.

Thanks Drunkn and well done on Declan. Hope he gets some games next year if he keeps improving.