• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Carlton

Gorgoroth

1 hour ago, ENYAW said:

Would like to see Casey D.. outcome first.Great if Smith players a blinder,JKH and Maynard do well.

Speaking of Maynard, is he able to play if we need him? I thought he was on the rookie list.

Wagner had an absolute stinker but he stays for mine. We're depleted with injuries so we don't have the luxury of replacing him with a better player. He has played well at AFL level previously and next week is the perfect opportunity to redeem himself.

Trenners has to come in with Viney and Jones out. It might be a swan song although stranger things have happened. He lacks any X factor but he has lots going for him including ticker and footy smarts.

JKH comes in and needs to play in the midfield.

Outs: dictated by injury

Casey at 2pm will make fascinating watching. 

Start with the in's this week - Wager (replaced Salem) and White (who replaced Hunt as Hunt went forward for Garlett). I believe that we are not going to drop these 2 for more Casey players as they both have good disposal and are not bad players. Not to the extent they showed last night. They were not up to AFL speed, and you dont get up to AFL speed by going back down to the 2's. I would assume they stay in for one more week. If one goes, I assume it is White. 

We start with the contested ball, so who is in the centre? Gawn, Oliver, Tyson, and Petracca. Our defence needs to hold firm, and Hunt needs to come up off the backline again, so you have OMac, Frost, Jetta, Hunt, Hibberd, Vince. We need to create a forward line, so that goes to Melk who will have the role on Docherty, TMac, Pedersen, Hannan. You know Lewis will be in there as well somewhere. 

So we need 2 half forwards who are going to trap the ball inside forward 50, 2 wings, and 3 men on the bench who can play the contested game. 

Last night we had: Harmes, ANB, Stretch, Wagner, and White. None are playing a contested beast role (although ANB can play it). I assume Harmes stays in the forward 50 role (although no pressure last night from him), ANB (22) and Billy's (18) pressure acts numbers were quite high which might save them. 

If Weiderman has a 3 goal game today, he comes into the side for Bugg.
One of Trenners, JKH, or Kennedy comes in for Viney, but wouldnt be surprised to see ANB on the ball and bring in someone like Kent. 
Hunt goes to the backline and White comes out for Kent/JKH/Kennedy. 

See how we go today. 

Also couldnt find a Bulldogs injury list from 2016, but right now we have Hogan, Viney, Jones, Watts, Brayshaw, Salem, on the sidelines. That is 6 first round picks (yes liberally applied). Take 6 first rounders out of any side and they are in serious trouble (e.g. Dogs - Bont, Boyd, Stronger, McCrae, Wallis, Libba). Having injuries to McKenna, Garland, AVB at the start of the season didnt hurt because they were depth. You can replace your bottom 10 with others. The cream on top wins you games, and weve not had that for so many years. Now we do, and we've just been unlucky. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoDees1984 said:

I said on Thursday that I couldn't believe White was selected from what I have seen of him, just way off the pace. Satiryconhome gave me an absolute pasting, as did a few others. White is not AFL standard. Reminds me of someone we would play under Neeld. That being said we are so hit by injury that I can take the loss last night, getting past one of the Eagles or Swans is a good result with our outs. Carlton is a must win. Go Dees

I never said a word precious, never comment about the selections, so please no lying to make a point

I only posted that White and Wagner would be in

It was a poor loss, the whole team looked overwhelmed, knee jerk reactions are the norm on here, there will be changes, the FD will make them

6 hours ago, bandicoot said:

Mitch white should never play another game for the club. He was hopeless 

Give the kid a go.  He played his first game for the year in a game we were smashed in.  The pace alone takes sometime to get use to.  Give him another week and then make the call

Why oh why did it have to our best players that have got injured. It feels like the universe is saying oh melbourne have started to win games and look good, we cant have this. 

I mean no disrespect but why cant these injuries happen to the lesser likes who we can replace. 

I have no idea who we will get back next week, but I would like to see Trenners get a shot. We need to see if he still has it and he couldnt be any worse than wagner or white. 

We missed Salem off half back last night, hope he can come back soon. 

If I was a Carlton supporter I'd be creaming myself over the Melbourne injury list. Hogan, Watts, garlett, Jones, Salem and now Viney are in our best 10 players. No club can cover those injuries.

• Like 1

Wagner and White were absolutely disgraceful. Their disposal was some off the worst I have seen. That is not going to improve for having another week in the ones. Potentially the fumbles and general incompetence might improve once they get used to the speed and ferocity of afl. Those 2 broke every possession chain that they were a part of. The swans were hardly even bothering to cover them toward the end. 

We need strong bodied, good ball users for our system to work. I really can't work out why they got a guernsey. I would like to see Joel Smith in for Wagner and Trenners in for White. Hunt to go back where he can break lines and start possession chains. Hopefully Garlett and Hoges come back too.

deebug,white is on our rookie list,he played in the seniors v swans. I am sure the AFL changed the ruling re-rookies. On another topic re-White he should be given another go in the seniors perhaps v Carlton. 

Trenners HAS to come in.

We have lost two midfield generals. Sending in a cadet will not cut it for mine. We need experience in there. 

3 hours ago, Demons11 said:

Give the kid a go.  He played his first game for the year in a game we were smashed in.  The pace alone takes sometime to get use to.  Give him another week and then make the call

He's played 4 games and showed zero signs of any potential. Cut losses and move on.

5 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Watching Trengove at Port Melbourne as we speak, he is cooked. Noway he can keep up at AFL level. Tagging their number 7, who is lighting it up. Sad

He's a spud post injury, will be gone at years end

Vince simply has to be mostly a mid this week, as probably does Lewis those two with Oliver, melksham, stretch, harmes, Neal bullen, hannan. Have to share the load around  

3 minutes ago, Abe said:

Vince simply has to be mostly a mid this week, as probably does Lewis those two with Oliver, melksham, stretch, harmes, Neal bullen, hannan. Have to share the load around  

Petracca Oliver and Lewis starting mids .. Will Maynard get a game? Jayden hunt as a mid would be worth a shot

I wonder if Goodwin is familiar with Alchemy ? and not just because we're in Dire Straits !! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

not good news coming out of the vfl today either; hopefully ben kennedy is okay with his injury as otherwise we're really in trouble

i don't think we need both wagner and white in - should be one or the other, i tend towards wagner as white's constant kicking off one step drove me mad last night; wagner got to contests, his handling was just shockingly bad

i think stretch would be very close to being dropped - he offered nothing offensively or defensively but given the current state of affairs he might as well stay in for now

pedersen was very ineffective, but let's put it down to a one-off...and there ain't much to replace him with

i'd say vince and lewis should play predominantly through the midfield...but can they? lewis could barely bend over last night and isn't quick, while vince is a great bustler but moves pretty slowly these days too

OUT: bugg, viney, tyson, white
IN: kennedy, kennedy-harris, kent and hopefully hogan

B: Jetta - Frost - Hibberd
HB: Hunt - O. McDonald - Lewis
C: Stretch - Vince - Harmes
HF: Melksham - Pedersen - Neal-Bullen
F: T. McDonald - Hogan - Hannan
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Petracca
I/C: Kent - Kennedy-Harris - Kennedy - Wagner

i had carlton down as a 'should win' on the run home but it's most certainly 50/50 at this stage...to be honest at this stage i think i'll be tipping them, and that they're still paying in excess of $2.50 given melbourne's weight of injuries is silly

to lose three of yr key mids over the course of three weeks is just cruel