Post Match Discussion - Round 13

Demonland

37 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Oscar McDonald the boy has now become a man.

23 touches, 12 marks and countless spoils, not to mention plenty of aggression at the contest.  Fantastic stuff.

Is that you Picket?

1 minute ago, Skin D said:

The attendance by Demons supporters today was seriously pathetic. 

I was watching on TV (from London) but yeah it didn't look great from our representation. I know the fans don't like the place but we are playing great footy and I'd go watch them at Vic Park if I had to. 

The fans need to get over the hatred of the ground especially since we've played some bloody awesome footy there. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Not a bad day to be wrong though, Red.

Yep.

That was a seriously good performance from a team without its two star players.

I just loved our pressure, it was unbelievable.

• Like 5

if Gawn is ready..... massively hard to pull someone out for the West coast game. All Australian Ruckman to resume in the 2s while we go without one again??? hate to do selection this week

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Skin D said:

Ironic comment with an understanding of Demon supporters cultural view of attending Colonial Stadium?

or

Naive comment without an understanding of Demon supporters cultural view of attending Colonial Stadium?

The intensity at the ball when free and then on the dogs when they had it was a standout, Jeffy's chasing i50 and out was inspirational for us, so many second and third efforts. Hunt after his shoulder "jar", and b4, one tough young fella. Many thrilling moments from a great team in the making. 

Just now, Wiseblood said:

It would be if I'd potted him needlessly for weeks prior to that post.  

I think we are slowly seeing the emergence of a fine key back for us.

Another pre season after another 10 or so games and maybe another 7-8 kgs of muscle and we will have a very good one.

BTW, I think the same for Weid, though he may not get the extra 10 or so games this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jako13 said:

if Gawn is ready..... massively hard to pull someone out for the West coast game. All Australian Ruckman to resume in the 2s while we go without one again??? hate to do selection this week

Bloody tough, I kinda feel like a ruckman is more important at Subi particularly having the tall option for kicks but who do we drop? All our talls were fantastic today. Pederson is in career best form. 

Great selection headaches to have. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skin D said:

Maybe the scheduling of the game by the AFL should be more under the spotlight rather than the Melb supporters who generally have been amazing this year...but really 1 game on a Sunday (no FTA coverage) an they schedule it for 3.20. Make it 1 pm and you would have got another 5k there

• Like 11

After today's game I finally allowed my self to truly believe, we are finally a team in the hunt, in the thick of it, a real chance to achieve something special.

Feels bloody good.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Oscar McDonald the boy has now become a man.

23 touches, 12 marks and countless spoils, not to mention plenty of aggression at the contest.  Fantastic stuff.

Dal Santo gave him 1 vote and his brother 3 on SEN.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Skin D said:

Hardly surprising SD.

This ground has been like a grave yard for us for a long time. I did no go today. 50% of the reason was it was at the dome of death. The other 50% was it was my family birthday party today and game time was bad for me.  I could not disappoint my grand daughter by not being home for cake and candles etc. IMO opinion it will be a long time before a large number of Dees supporters goes there. Bad memories die hard.

Just now, Pates said:

Bloody tough, I kinda feel like a ruckman is more important at Subi particularly having the tall option for kicks but who do we drop? All our talls were fantastic today. Pederson is in career best form. 

Great selection headaches to have. 

Starting to understand how poorly Pedo was treated by not being selected for many games.

At least now the FD knows he is in our best 22. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Starting to understand how poorly Pedo was treated by not being selected for many games.

If he had been played instead of the Weid against Freo we win that game.

No doubt in my mind.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, chook fowler said:

No, he got a rocket and lost weight and became fitter. 

Please over weight he was still better than the the Weid and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Frost and oscar are really developing well! At the start of the year I wouldn't have even considered we could beat teams like the dogs without tommy back there 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

He had to  prove himself like everyone else - and look how it has paid off! We should all be grateful.

i wonder how the bullies are feeling about Hannah now?

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 4

Just now, old dee said:

No doubt in my mind.

Agreed I know he has improved and lost weight but I seriously think he was always undervalued. (Dawes was always picked over him.)

Anyway H20 under the bridge and Im glad hes there.

Still singing theme song.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

After today's game I finally allowed my self to truly believe, we are finally a team in the hunt, in the thick of it, a real chance to achieve something special.

Feels bloody good.

We are right in there now, if the boys really want it...

Just now, Nasher said:

Been feeling all year that we've been on the verge of being a good team.  Could we have just crossed the line?

UM Yes

We killed the line and moved in with its missus.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

No doubt in my mind.

Totally agree Made some glaring mistakes on the selection table in some rounds all is forgotten now.

• Like 1