Bye Round 11 - Non MFC Games

McQueen

32 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Remarkable comment but an indication how unprofessional some of these guys are. No love for PA but loving this demolition of the Hawks. Just wonderful stuff. 

Ernest - are you referring to "these guys" as commentators, or McLaughlans?

Certainly Broooce's barracking is completely unprofessional, and nauseating as well.

PS  IF the 50 metre for encroaching in the protected zone was paid last week, as it was to the Hawks tonight, Dixon's "play on" set shot would have been from the goal square, and Port would have won.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

what a genius move it was drafting vickery

LOL :-)

13.20 Port could've really done a number on them. I've said this a lot but if we miss finals it will be the Freo and Hawks games are look back on shaking our heads. Freo got done by 100pts last week and Hawks we kept goalless in the first half against Port. We have to stop losing to these teams.

Edited by Pates
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Win4theages said:

I want this mob to feel pain like they've never felt pain before.

Most of them will jump if they feel sustained pain. Just have a look at Carlton. Once a power club, now a bit of a joke. 

Hawthorn supporters over the past 40 years have rarely felt pain and a lot would be fair weathered.

26 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Time for "catastrophic change" now, Clarko??

Like a job at the suns ?

I stand in M9 each game at the 'G despite having a Premium (or whatever we are called these days) membership. At the Hawks games there's always a bunch of Hawks' nuff nuffs standing in M10 or M11. They have a multitude of soccer chants that never stops. A couple of ringleaders spend the majority of the match with their back to the action - 'conducting' the chants.

It's excruciating to hear. They could well be the most arrogant lot of AFL supporters getting around. My mate reckons it's their demographic. The majority were probably born in the 80's and have known little other than success.

Great to see the 'poo and wee' down the blunt end of the ladder. I just would like to see Lewy get his mojo back to add to their pain.

BTW it's pleasant sailing between Rhodes and Santorini. Not missing Melbourne's weather. Home in time for the QB.

Edited by M_9
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, M_9 said:

I stand in M9 each game at the 'G despite having a Premium (or whatever we are called these days) membership. At the Hawks games there's always a bunch of Hawks' nuff nuffs standing in M10 or M11. They have a multitude of soccer chants that never stops. A couple of ringleaders spend the majority of the match with their back to the action - 'conducting' the chants.

It's excruciating to hear. They could well be the most arrogant lot of AFL supporters getting around. My mate reckons it's their demographic. The majority were probably born in the 80's and have known little other than success.

Great to see the 'poo and wee' down the blunt end of the ladder. I just would like to see Lewy get his mojo back to add to their pain.

BTW it's pleasant sailing between Rhodes and Santorini. Not missing Melbourne's weather. Home in time for the QB.

M 9 could you just perhaps orientate an old dee from M9 to bay 13 ?

Could you settle between perhaps albert and reservoir lakes ?

4 minutes ago, DominatrixTyson said:

I've already forgotten the 3peat and want Hawthorn to play well and contest for the 8, so it looks like our loss to them wasn't so atrocious and embarrassing and so StK don't get a top 5 pick. Who's with me? Go Hawks! :wacko:

Gottem both covered on the home stretch

4 hours ago, DominatrixTyson said:

I've already forgotten the 3peat and want Hawthorn to play well and contest for the 8, so it looks like our loss to them wasn't so atrocious and embarrassing and so StK don't get a top 5 pick. Who's with me? Go Hawks! :wacko:

Speaking of dominant eras/teams (ie Brisbane) the debate on SEN this last week hs been around teams who haven't played finals for 3-5 years extra assistance... go f yourselves, we haven't played finals in how many years and we got f all from the AFL. (Even though we had all of those first round picks we stuffed up and the 1 priority pick we got shafted. Oh and besides PJ parachuting in and Roos but well after it should have happened).

Edited by Cards13
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, A F said:

Most of them will jump if they feel sustained pain. Just have a look at Carlton. Once a power club, now a bit of a joke. 

Hawthorn supporters over the past 40 years have rarely felt pain and a lot would be fair weathered.

They host Gold Coast at the G next Saturday arvo.

I don't think there will be 20,000 people there.

Their supporters are more bandwagon than any other club's. They might have 70,000 members or however many, but a solid 50% of them are only there because of the premierships and are less invested in the club than the stereotypical Melbourne supporter people routinely make fun of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

They host Gold Coast at the G next Saturday arvo.

I don't think there will be 20,000 people there.

Their supporters are more bandwagon than any other club's. They might have 70,000 members or however many, but a solid 50% of them are only there because of the premierships and are less invested in the club than the stereotypical Melbourne supporter people routinely make fun of.

This was the subject of much discussion by 3AW after the match. One commentator had your view but he was howled down with the others saying the crowd would be 35K or 40K based on their 70K membership.

As an aside the crowd at the Dogs v Saints match of around 35K last week was very poor considering the position of both clubs. Goes to show that premierships don't guarantee big crowds. Then again it could be the dreaded Docklands seating mafiosa.

PS Got my tickets for QB in the AFL section yesterday. It was already showing "unavailable" for some sections. If Collingwood beat Freo (who knows) we could have a seriously large crowd for QB.

9 hours ago, puntkick said:

Like a job at the suns ?

Or the Pies.

17 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Is it just me or was that Toumpas's best career game? Certainly his least mistake riddled game.

Fair to say he's a player that plays better when the team's playing better.

Bruce was certainly pumping up Toumpas, and mentioned his name time and time again.

However, in fairness he was often part of the Port link chain. 

I can't think of Toumpas without thinking of Ollie Wines and what might have and should have been. Wines and Viney on the rampage. 

Sorry, must not do this. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, M_9 said:

Hey M_9! im a fellow stander... either M8 or M9 at most games, I'll have to wear a demonland name tag next game and say G'day!

are you the dude that always brings the 'coffee' thermos?