Jesse Hogan's Return

Lucifers Hero

6 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Not what we want to hear: "I think he's (Hogan) still a bit away. He's not going to turn up next week and play – he's a minimum of a couple of weeks away," (Peter) Jackson said". http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-12/hogan-at-least-two-weeks-away-after-surgery

Rnd 15 (Swans), Rnd 16 (Carlton), Rnd 17 (Crows)?  One step at a time, I guess.  Get back to full training and see how he goes.  Undoubtedly, his well being comes first and foremost. 

As long as he is fully ready for finals :rolleyes: as any team who makes the 8 can take it out this year; the comp is so close.

But like everyone else, I just can't wait till his next game.

The CEO should leave that stuff to the appropriate personnel in the coaching department.

All I want to hear from PJ is that the club is looking after his long term health interests.

Just now, Petraccattack said:

Round 15, under the Friday night lights vs the Swans at the G'  ....  seems like a good bet for his return game.

He will definitely fly to Perth with the team for the West Coast game, so it could be a good opportunity for him to return then. If not, I agree Sydney game looks pretty promising. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2017 at 10:41 PM, Grand New Flag said:

The word I am getting is Hogan still a likely starter. He is fit, wants to play, but faces a mixed view from footy department on whether he is mentally ready and physically conditioned. It will come down to selection committee on Thursday. There may also be some gamesmanship going on here.

Thats what I am hearing. It's from the top. Its by no means absolute. Just what I am hearing. 

Happy to be smashed on here for giving gossip on a "gossip site". Personally I find it entertaining. Knock yourself out!  

Looking forward to some apologies.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2017-06-12/hogan-at-least-a-fortnight-away

He's clearly not anywhere near and understandably so.  It's also clear that GNF's definition of "from the top" sets a very low bar which gives us an insight into GNF station in life.

I like rumour but I don't like fabrications.  Give me Nudge any day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vogon Poetry said:

He's clearly not anywhere near and understandably so.  It's also clear that GNF's definition of "from the top" sets a very low bar which gives us an insight into GNF station in life.

He even made a comment in another post that they thought he might have even played the week before QB.  That's when I knew he was a liar.

He hadn't even returned to any form of outdoor training.  He needs a block of a couple of weeks to be ready.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Or Chilli Boy

No one at the club, or "at the top" would've told anyone Hogan was going to play QB. He hadn't even trained, still hasn't. Even the cleaner at the club would've known he wasn't going to play. 

What a [censored] thing to lie about. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In his press conf Goodwin said Jesse won't play next week but will most probably play the week after!

That will be round 16 vs Carlton game @ MCG.

Remembering the game earlier this year when their doctor's dodgy medical reports that cost Jesse and Lewis extra weeks of suspensions! 

Our best revenge is to thrash them!

How good will it be to see Jesse running around the G again!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

14 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

In his press conf Goodwin said Jesse won't play next week but will most probably play the week after!

Remembering the game earlier this year when their doctor's dodgy medical reports that cost Jesse and Lewis extra weeks of suspensions! 

Along with Sydney this week, Carlton won't be an easy game. If we can win the next couple of weeks and manage the health of our list then we are well setup for a strong finals campaign.

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Misson says Jesse is 'a sneaky chance' to return in Friday nights blockbuster vs Swans.

Misson says Jesse is a 'sneaky chance' to return in Friday nights blockbuster vs Swans.

Goodwin said it will be great to 'see a smile on Jesse's face again' when he returns to play.  Clearly, Jesse is itching to get on the park again :rolleyes:

Friday night is already a huge game.  Having Jesse back will make it even bigger!

On 25/06/2017 at 7:44 AM, Lucifer's Hero said:

I have been asking the Blues supporters at work if they noticed the Suns game at Etihad. Answer: mainly No Why?

Not one of them had long sleeves. Yet the Blues had at least 6 players that I could see at the MCG in long sleeves. I was told by at least 2 that it is a generational thing (Silvani). I replied Im sure Hardwick would have pointed out at 3/4 time how they are finding the weather uncomfortable.

17 minutes ago, Franky_31 said:

I have been asking the Blues supporters at work if they noticed the Suns game at Etihad. Answer: mainly No Why?

Not one of them had long sleeves. Yet the Blues had at least 6 players that I could see at the MCG in long sleeves. I was told by at least 2 that it is a generational thing (Silvani). I replied Im sure Hardwick would have pointed out at 3/4 time how they are finding the weather uncomfortable.

6 hmmm....that's interesting and quite unusual these days....hadn't really noticed that many

Tea leaves (and sleeves) point to Jesse back for Blues, optimists hoping for a pressie on Friday night...

A sneaky chance! ;)

We are going so well he should come back via Casey ;)

if he treats this period as a preseason, he can gear himself up for a big tilt at August and September action.  Happy to see him vs the Swans, only if he is absolutely 100%.  No free rides, even for JH.  

18 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

As an aside for those interested you can see all of the Weeds goals for Casey on Utube - well worth a look. Having Watts, Hoges and the Weed together up forward in the future will be amazing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chook fowler said:

As an aside for those interested you can see all of the Weeds goals for Casey on Utube - well worth a look. Having Watts, Hoges and the Weed together up forward in the future will be amazing.

Looks good - but I feel he would be best to play quite a few more VFL games to maintain confidence - but next year as you say could be really exciting.  

Selection dilemmas.

• 3 weeks later...