GAMEDAY - Round 8

9 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Now that the club has a back of jumper sponsor in iSelect, I guess all our troubles are over and we should beat Adelaide easily tonight.

Will iSelect now offer a payout clause in their policies for 'pain and suffering caused by following MFC'?

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 9

In Adelaide, massive hang over ffs it's going to be a long day and night at this rate.

Was at an "event" recently and iSelect was very happy with the Dees ladies sponsorship so good to see it has extended to the men's team as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

North showed us last week how to win, just kick 64 points to nil in the first quarter. 

Simples (squeak)

Oops...wrong mob :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

North showed us last week how to win, just kick 64 points to nil in the first quarter. 

Simples!

oh wait.... that's not iselect, it's compare the market. :lol:

Ah everything's falling into place: the wife and mother in law are going out for dinner, kids will be in bed by 7.00, dimmies will be in the steamer, pants will be off, new jumper sponsor, watch a cracker game of footy (one can only hope!) in the safety of my own couch/home. 

What could possibly go wrong?!

• Like 5

I'd like to think we're always a chance on "Any Given Sunday" but we need so much to go right for us. Every game this year, something has gone wrong or hasn't worked out. We need to be maniacs and absolutely bully Adelaide to get close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Ah everything's falling into place: the wife and mother in law are going out for dinner, kids will be in bed by 7.00, dimmies will be in the steamer, pants will be off, new jumper sponsor, watch a cracker game of footy (one can only hope!) in the safety of my own couch/home. 

Just a little TMI :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

I'd like to think we're always a chance on "Any Given Sunday" but we need so much to go right for us. Every game this year, something has gone wrong or hasn't worked out. We need to be maniacs and absolutely bully Adelaide to get close. 

Maybe on Sunday

Shame it's tonight 

• Like 2

I don't mean to be smug, but, could this be a case of our commitment to the women's game already paying off richly?

And on game related matters, does anyone have a record of how we perform after new sponsor signings?

Hopefully better than against teams who have just had their coach sacked, and better than in games we are widely expected to win!

1 minute ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

What, the dimmies or the pants? 

I'm thinking ..... :rolleyes:

Well, the answer's there ...lol

Btw try the Dimmies with Sweet Chilly Sauce :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I'm thinking ..... :rolleyes:

Well, the answer's there ...lol

Btw try the Dimmies with Sweet Chilly Sauce :)

I find a 1:1 mix of light soy and black vinegar for dipping and spots of Sriracha per mouthful are the superior dimmy comestibles. 

Whatever blows your skirt up! 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Where to start.

Diner plans get cancelled.

Steamer on the fritz.

Kids get colds.

Dee ....well........

• Like 3

I am having flashbacks to the "Mothers Day Massacre"

For those to young to recall (or more likely for those who have wiped it from their memory) it was in Sydney against the Swans.

My memory does not extend to the year or the loss margin but IIRC it was a season changing (ending) loss

Edit: Those memories are streaming back:

2001 I think

I was in an airport lounge about to leave for Europe. Checking the scores and looking forward to what was supposed to be a season defining win.... why does this  horrible reality continue forever beyond my dreams

Edited by Diamond_Jim

Start well. Win the clearances. Negate the half back run of Laird and Smith. It's hard for their elite forward 6 to kick a score if it's never down there. Move the ball forward quickly and hit up short forward 50 targets rather than bomb. Play CP and Hannan deep and hope one has a 4-5 goal game. 

• Like 3

I'm almost always bullish pre-match, which is a pretty good feat over the last decade. Unfortunately, this morning I can smell a bear.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

I'm almost always bullish pre-match, which is a pretty good feat over the last decade. Unfortunately, this morning I can smell a bear.

I can smell what bears do in the forrest.

Let's suggest  CP, Watts, Jeffy and Hannan score around  the 14 goals they scored against the Dons how are we then able to restrict the Crows to less? Can't afford to give one of their forwards six shots on goal like we allowed Joe Daniher  in the first half of that game. Hogan has the ability to roam back and at least block space and tonight with our 3 tall backs all having a man to go to we don't have the luxury of a tall floater in defensive 50. Does anyone think we could use Weed as the man dropping back at times to at least make the Crows think a little about their forward entries? Maybe it's time to give the kid some responsibility.