Changes vs Hawthorn

McQueen

30 minutes ago, Dappa Dan said:

I love a settled team. Especially if it's winning games and structuring well, which we did in the second half. But...

Out: JKH, ANB, Melksham

In: Kent, Stretch, Benken (Possibly Wagner)

I'm still the only person who likes JKH. But he's had two goes, in the Roosy fashion. And he's been costly. Is out of touch. Kent offers more in terms of pace and leading, especially if Hogan is out still.

ANB has been busy, but lost his way today badly. Stretch brings more up the ground too, and I'm starting to really trust his disposal.

Melksham is Goody's favourite. But man he butchered the ball and made errors. He drives me nuts. Rather have Wags in for that role, or Benken to add some zip in the middle to rest Oliver... which they're already doing.

Dappa, I too like JKH, but his two games have been poor, he has dropped more marks than take and some when alone under no pressure. 

Needs to go back, get some confidence and touch and work his way back in.

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

24 posts and not one person calling for Melksham to be dropped.  Its a miracle.

Will never be dropped. So no point suggesting it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dappa Dan said:

I love a settled team. Especially if it's winning games and structuring well, which we did in the second half. But...

Out: JKH, ANB, Melksham

In: Kent, Stretch, Benken (Possibly Wagner)

I'm still the only person who likes JKH. But he's had two goes, in the Roosy fashion. And he's been costly. Is out of touch. Kent offers more in terms of pace and leading, especially if Hogan is out still.

ANB has been busy, but lost his way today badly. Stretch brings more up the ground too, and I'm starting to really trust his disposal.

Melksham is Goody's favourite. But man he butchered the ball and made errors. He drives me nuts. Rather have Wags in for that role, or Benken to add some zip in the middle to rest Oliver... which they're already doing.

I would hate to see if you didn't like a settled line up.  

ANB stays for me. 

For those quoting stats ... Please dig deeper if your trying to push for a bloke. Tyson last week had 7 turnovers by foot out of 8 kicks and today had 11 turnovers. Today he was better no doubt but his kicking to hit a target is still sub standard and he's rellying on his hand ball.Clarry is our handball king and we can't carry 2 hand happy blokesin the  team, so I hope Tyson finds some confidence quick.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

JKH out for me....Kent in.

ANB first bad game give him a chance.

Many here suggesting Kent straight back in....are they aware he has had 2 absolute stinkers at Casey?

Only change for me is if Hogan is ready, which I`m not sure will happen. If he is ready, yeah maybe JKH out.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

Many here suggesting Kent straight back in....are they aware he has had 2 absolute stinkers at Casey?

Only change for me is if Hogan is ready, which I`m not sure will happen. If he is ready, yeah maybe JKH out.

Should never have been dropped in the first place. Has too many runs on the board at senior level for mine. Would provide far more pressure than JKH

35 minutes ago, WA Demon said:

For those quoting stats ... Please dig deeper if your trying to push for a bloke. Tyson last week had 7 turnovers by foot out of 8 kicks and today had 11 turnovers. Today he was better no doubt but his kicking to hit a target is still sub standard and he's rellying on his hand ball.Clarry is our handball king and we can't carry 2 hand happy blokesin the  team, so I hope Tyson finds some confidence quick.

Before you make up stats, just remember we're on the internet and we can look up the actual stats.. 

Those calling for Kennedy to come in will be disappointed. He was average on Saturday at Geelong. There's absolutely no way he replaces JKH or ANB.

Kent may come in, but I wasn't impressed with his VFL game. Yes, he was in the best, but it wasn't a dominant performance. 

I would imagine the only change would be Hogan coming in. At whose expense? Depends on what KPIs the likes of JKH and Oscar have.

One thing I don't understand is if Stretch was dropped, why have him as carryover emergency. He missed a chance to go back to Casey and work on his issues, so in theory, it should be impossible to pick him this week.

I would hope Hogan only comes back in if the match committee believe he is ready to play.

Weid was dropped for form reasons (I think) and happened to be injured. He has to prove himself ready.

44 minutes ago, billy2803 said:

One thing I don't understand is if Stretch was dropped, why have him as carryover emergency. He missed a chance to go back to Casey and work on his issues, so in theory, it should be impossible to pick him this week.

It may be a load/management decision.

We're playing a high intensity/high pressure style, and it's going to take its toll. We may see players being rested, just as we may see players unable to keep it up.

(needless to say, I have no idea if either is the case with Stretch, or there aren't specific reasons for his omission)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bing181 said:

We're playing a high intensity/high pressure style, and it's going to take its toll. We may see players being rested, just as we may see players unable to keep it up.

(needless to say, I have no idea if either is the case with Stretch, or there aren't specific reasons for his omission)

This, you will probably see all the younger guys/less experienced rested/dropped/omitted at some stage, especially amongst the forwards, give oppositions different looks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeeZee said:

Hope Rioli doesn't play

I hope he does and Oliver puts him on his arse.

I want to see that wheel turn.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Yup - and the pressure was down vs Essendon. Wouldn't be surprised to see ANB come out for Stretch next week - not due to fundamental output but it being his turn for a rest. Could very well see Harmes come back in for the same reason. People forget that they are still pups: ANB (21 games), Stretch (25), Harmes (31). Young Jayden Hunt (25) looked a tad tired off the short break as well. Oliver is just a freak (but he did seem generally a bit flat as compared to earlier in the season). It's still early days in the era of reduced interchanges, and we've been carrying the reduced minutes of a couple of our seniors (Tyson and Viney) with a team half-full with players in their second to third years. 

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 2

Kent has had 2 games back at Casey, been average in both yet people are calling for him to be back in the team.

Looking at today's game I would think his competition is Hannan, JKH & ANB...

Then you can add Stretch, Harmes & Wagner (would release someone forward)

If Hogan comes back, I would think JKH or ANB miss. JKH for me.

Hannan has more tricks than Kent, is as quick and a much better mark.

ANB has been pretty consistent so Kent will need to pull his finger to get back in.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, rjay said:

Kent has had 2 games back at Casey, been average in both yet people are calling for him to be back in the team.

L

Thats nowhere near as bad as the calls for Weideman to come back in on the back of two weeks out, a sore calf and horrible form preceding it.

I see Patrick McCartin kicked 7 goals in the VFL on the weekend.  When Weid is having games like that he should be considered for a recall, and not a minute before.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Thats nowhere near as bad as the calls for Weideman to come back in on the back of two weeks out, a sore calf and horrible form preceding it.

I see Patrick McCartin kicked 7 goals in the VFL on the weekend.  When Weid is having games like that he should be considered for a recall, and not a minute before.

Amen to that Pa.