POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 3

Demonland

1 minute ago, dee-tox said:

Positive: Hunt, Jones, Watts stepping in for Max. Some nice nice kicks from Melksham. Stretch early. ANB tried hard. Petracca useful.

Negatives. Hannan (didn't do enough), Tyson (53 percent disposal), Oscar (horrible again), Weideman (no presence), Smith looked off pace.

I just don't get the hate for Oscar. He made some shocking blues but everyone does. Their efficiency forward, the speed, our backs were under pressure so quickly, within seconds of having the ball of our forward line. He was stuffed at the end of the match. So was everyone else.

• Like 4

Gawn going down and bad kicking the difference, needed another forward put gawn hogan and Lewis back in and we win that easy, how lucky can geelong get should have lost last week and should have lost today, take dangerwood out they are bottom 4 imo, I hope this spurs is on now this loss will hurt need to just win next week then I most look forward to hogans response against the tigers as the result would have been different if he played today 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

We let them in for 2 goals at the end of the third - that [censored] us.

Set shot kicking that really reemed us. Red wine is the solution.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Apart from the embarrassing goal kicking. Too many passengers, Tyson (so overrated) Weideman, Hannan... We missed that even team effort, without Gawn as well it was like being 4 players down. 

Tyson.... was he a starlight swap for James Kelly? 

Please say it ain't so...

Edited by bandicoot

We were the better team in all but one respect. 

The scoreboard matters most.

Again , much to learn, much..

Disappointing. Didn't deserve the win if you cant take whats in front of you.

Dig deep Dees. Learn.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Hard to play without a ruckman. we were just worn down in the end. Brave effort. Be proud of how far we've come. In previous years that woould have been a 70 point loss.

Fair call Rev, bet we had done all the hard work just had to hold them in the last. 

1 minute ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

This. If we go in 15 points up, it is a different game, but we coughed up 2 goals in the last 90 seconds.

• Like 6

Upon reflection, it honestly didn't matter that Gawn went down. We were still winning the clearances at 3qtr time. Missing 20 shots on goal did. When you put that much effort to control the game with all that defensive pressure, you have to nail the goals. Instead we just blew it. Extremely disappointing, because a win like that with our backs against the walls would have been season defining. Instead we fluffed simple set shots. 

• Like 6

Worst case of yipps ever. Losing maxy was huge especially when players were tired at the end. Missed not having watts at ff. We

will reset next week and beat freo. Vince and tyson quiet today. Wieds a shocker but we lost the game by our own foot.

Still excited about the future. Hope maxy is back soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, praha said:

I just don't get the hate for Oscar. He made some shocking blues but everyone does. Their efficiency forward, the speed, our backs were under pressure so quickly, within seconds of having the ball of our forward line. He was stuffed at the end of the match. So was everyone else.

Not just the shocking blues. It's the intensity, the lack of physical presence and inability to make a contest. 

Edited by dee-tox

2 minutes ago, praha said:

I would point the finger at 7 others before OM.

Hes getting better and will get bigger.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, loges said:

Can't remember when I last saw a game where the result was such a travesty

Us vs West coast last year. Nearly same circumstances games played in our forward third 75%of the game everytime it went to West coasts forward line they got goal

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Dead right BBO. I've just kicked the dog and sent the kid to her room, or was it the other way round. Regardless, there were some real positives. ANB, blunder aside, was great as was Stretch. Tyson worries me to be honest as he has for a while, which I find hard to admit. Kent will be better for the run.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Gipsy Danger said:

Put this one down to 3 things

- Gawn injured early

- Goal kicking accuracy was woeful. Was just one of them days

- inexperience.  A lot of silly mistakes and bad decisions by some of the young kids.

plenty of positives though, had a real crack. Cats are a good team that will likely feature heavily in September.

the trick will be how we recover and respond next week.

Great post

Spot on with hiw i saw it.

Cats were noticeably taller which worked for and against us at times. Really hurt losing gawn

• Like 2

We should have been 50 points up in the 3rd had we kicked like we usually do. 

So frustrating. 

I hope they don't pat themselves on the back for playing well in some areas. They should be embarrassed losing that

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

We just announced our arrival but few will hear it for the forest. Can't wait to play this crew again in the finals. Demonland should be interesting this week . . . 

Reckon you are right. Bring that pressure every game and I reckon more wins than losses. Thought they were brilliant with the two way running. Got back in defense faster than the Cats forwards. Trouble was it comes at a cost and we ran out of petrol. Need to be able to do it for 4 quarters but geez it was great to watch. Excited.

• Like 4

our kicking for goal was our downfall missed far to many let geelong get a sniff and they took it.  No point blaming hogan, weiderman, or anyone else it was a poor team goal kicking effort everyone has days like that, better to have it against a good side the a poor side. today was still an improvement over last year. we need to continue to play young players get games into them, let them mature.

future looks pretty good

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I would point the finger at 7 others before OM.

Hes getting better and will get bigger.

Jist backing upmur point.mm Mistakes didnt lose us thr game tonight. Bad kicking at goal did

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 2