The 2017 Membership Thread

Dee Dee

32 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

I'm not. I will still always enjoy my beloved Cats. But after watching many Dee's games, and the majority of Casey games this year, I know a lot more about this club and its players than I do of Geelong.
Oh and when your best mate and brother gets drafted to them, it's hard not to change your allegiance ^_^

Just a word of warning, if and when Declan gets a game in the AFL side, I suggest you stay away from the match day thread, unless you are in the condition your name suggests

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Drunkn167 said:

Just to let you all know, I've officially refunded my Geelong membership and have order my Melbourne membership ? Carn the Dee's!

Still the best poster we've had in here since YZE Magic. Welcome to the fold D. Hope you enjoy the ride, it can get bumpy. 

Edited by Cards13
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Just a word of warning, if and when Declan gets a game in the AFL side, I suggest you stay away from the match day thread, unless you are in the condition your name suggests

Noted. Thanks mate. Nice work with the Instagram pics btw, I sent him that solo picture you took of him and he really appreciated it.

Great work Drunkn. 

I hate the scarfs. Haven't bothered to pick one up for three years. Useless. I would much rather a cap. 

I collected scarfs with the idea of sewing them together for a blanket as i saw a scarf blanket at the footy and thought what a brilliant idea. And useful. I even bought a bunch that were in an op shop. Had them in a garbage bag. Which someone threw out. That was the end of my scarf adventure. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, binman said:

Great work Drunkn. 

I hate the scarfs. Haven't bothered to pick one up for three years. Useless. I would much rather a cap. 

I collected scarfs with the idea of sewing them together for a blanket as i saw a scarf blanket at the footy and thought what a brilliant idea. And useful. I even bought a bunch that were in an op shop. Had them in a garbage bag. Which someone threw out. That was the end of my scarf adventure. 

Hey Bin man, I threw those scarves out!!! I want them back !!!! 

On 09/12/2016 at 7:27 PM, Satyriconhome said:

IWS we have covered this before, they keep asking the supporters, and those that bother to answer in surveys say scarf, a lot of the femaie support don't want a cap either, they don't wear them.

Here is an interesting exercise for you, stand outside of a membership tent before one of the first home games and watch the reaction if they have underestimated the demand for supporters picking up their scarf

Yep, I have witnessed that in the past.  I have often given up waiting in the queue for a scarf, given the time it takes. My personal preference is anything but a scarf.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

I don't have to debate a scarf over a cap this year. The Club sent out an email a week or so ago offering caps to 10 people who signed up on that particular day. I signed up and got a call today saying I've won one of the caps. Yippee!!  The only other thing I've ever won was the ugliest set of candle sticks you've ever seen that I commented on as such before I won them. 

It's an omen. Go Dees!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, It's Time said:

I don't have to debate a scarf over a cap this year. The Club sent out an email a week or so ago offering caps to 10 people who signed up on that particular day. I signed up and got a call today saying I've won one of the caps. Yippee!!  The only other thing I've ever won was the ugliest set of candle sticks you've ever seen that I commented on as such before I won them. 

It's an omen. Go Dees!!

Not sure I like your idea of an omen given how rarely you win things. On the other hand, as we like to say when it happens, we don't mind if we win ugly as long as we win. 

52 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Not sure I like your idea of an omen given how rarely you win things. On the other hand, as we like to say when it happens, we don't mind if we win ugly as long as we win. 

Ha! Fair point. At least its an improvement on what I won. As for the winning ugly. Didn't realise you knew me that well. Lets just say my avatar is an improvement. At least in the moustache.

On 12/12/2016 at 9:08 AM, iv'a worn smith said:

Yep, I have witnessed that in the past.  I have often given up waiting in the queue for a scarf, given the time it takes. My personal preference is anything but a scarf.

Why would you wait in the queue for a scarf if your preference is "anything but a scarf"? Both sexes can wear scarfs, you can wear them anywhere in the "G" including the MCC Members Bar and you can hang them out the car window after we beat Hawthorn!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CBDees said:

Why would you wait in the queue for a scarf if your preference is "anything but a scarf"? Both sexes can wear scarfs, you can wear them anywhere in the "G" including the MCC Members Bar and you can hang them out the car window after we beat Hawthorn!

Umm yes.  The only option with your membership is a scarf.

During the recent down years I developed the end of season tradition of feeding my scarf to my dogs to rip apart, which I found quite cathartic, but now we're on the improve, I'm starting to accumulate and keep them again...

Would it be too big a stretch for the club to offer members a choice?

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulRB said:

During the recent down years I developed the end of season tradition of feeding my scarf to my dogs to rip apart, which I found quite cathartic, but now we're on the improve we're on the improve I'm starting to accumulate and keep them again...

Would it be too big a stretch for the club to offer members a choice?

Probably too much in administrative costs. Club does better if members shop in the Demonshop for the apparel of their choice. Having said that, the designer tartan scarfs offered by rival clubs might be a nice addition to the product range (and other blue and red clothing items) rather than solely sporting clothing apparel.

11 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

28,725 Members and Counting

Am I the only person who hasn't received their membership pack :mellow:

No, I haven't received mine either.

Makes it kind of hard to go to the AGM when it requires your membership card.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 2:07 PM, The Reverend said:

Another 50 in the last 24 hours or so. I hope the players are as excited as I am about the prospects for 2017. Big crowds, big expectations and big wins!

We're well ahead of past years. Nearly cracked 40 for 2016...might nearly crack 50 for 2017 ;)

Go Dees

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

think 45k might be a more realistic stretch target, bub

negative nancy !!

• Like 2

I am also bullish about 50,000, especially if we again preform well in the pre-season competition.

• Like 1