Fitz is flying at the Hawks

RalphiusMaximus

Sorry, bad pun. 

Still, according the the Herald-Sun, he's having a great pre-season and with Roughy out may well be in their starting 22 in round 1. 

“He’s had an excellent pre-season. He’s done everything he can to give himself the best opportunity to have a successful year,” Fagan said.

“His effort and attitude have been really good since the day he arrived, but the job now is to transfer that training performance into game performance.”

Honestly, I really hope he does do well with them. 

• Like 8

Fluff piece. Care factor , zero.

Poos and Wees are just wees and poo, no red and blue ! 

I would've paid Dawes out and kept fitzy could never understand the  decision Dawes is always injured and fitzy won Casey's BF no brainer.

• Like 5

that the Hawks are even considering Fitzy as a replacement for Roughy just shows what a massive hit it is for them (no offence Fitz)

i imagine they will just play two rucks, mcevoy and ceglar and Fitz will only get a run if more injuries occur

good luck to him. but he had chance at the Dees and this was in years when we had amazing forwards lines including Rivers, Garland, Frawley

1 hour ago, Middymalt said:

I would've paid Dawes out and kept fitzy could never understand the  decision Dawes is always injured and fitzy won Casey's BF no brainer.

His papers were clearly marked by the Coaches after about 7 years and 22 games at the Dees.

Dawes had another year of a contract to go and is a better player than Fitzy.

I would have liked him to stay as well, but can see why he wasn't kept.

We are probably looking to Weideman, Oscar Mc, Hulett and the two Kings to develop into better players than him. 

• Like 2

Now remind me what we used the pick 94 that we traded him for?

I feel he should've played more (and as a forward, the backline stuff was never going to work), but he took so long to get his body right and his skills were mostly dreadful.

He'll offer the Hawks about as much as Frost will offer us. A big body who won't mark or kick it well but can provide speed in the forward line, can jump in the ruck and possibly pinch hit down back (Frost has better long term potential down back). 

If he plays for the Hawks he'll do well because his speed with their ball movement in a lethal combination, but doesn't mean he would produce the same for us.

10 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Now remind me what we used the pick 94 that we traded him for?

Space on the list.

On the other hand, given that he was drafted in 2009, the fact that he was only worth pick 94 probably tells us all we need to know. I'm all for giving players every chance possible, but there comes a point ...

1 hour ago, america de cali said:

Ex Melbourne player + Hawthorn = success.

I am betting Clarko has cured his diabetes! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 390

PODCAST: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 3rd June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons embarrasing loss to Fremantle in Alice Springs. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE: ht

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 58

VOTES: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the embarrassing loss against the Dockers. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons were blown out of the water and were absolutely embarrassing against the Fremantle Dockers in Alice Springs ultimately going down by 92 points and getting bundled out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 589

GAMEDAY: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

It's Game Day and the Demons and the Dockers meet on halfway on neutral territory in the heart of the country in Alice Springs and the Dees need to win to hold onto a place in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 772

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!