The mystery of Jayden Hunt

Whispering_Jack

22 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

his pace is electric.

there's a moment just before 3/4 time where he zips btw 3 gc17 players and whilst his possession isn't the best - sideways handball to wagner, but impossible to see what options were presenting for him downfield on the telly - it's his pace and evasiveness that makes him a super tricky match-up.

very exciting.

If that's the piece of play I remember I loved it. Wagner peeled off to get on to his left and Hunt ran straight through the Suns players to draw them all to him and then gave the handball to Wagner who had time and space on his preferred foot.

I've been so impressed by Hunt using his height to mark and spoil, and his clean hands off the ground hitting team mates in stride. 

We were all told he's quick and needs to work on his kicking. That's fine. A guy with an elite attribute and one to work on can be ok, but it's the rest of his game that's impressed me just as much.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Watts,Salem and now Hunt.

There must be something in the Lattes down there in Brighton.

Mystery is are they ever to play a game with their other BGS teammate Dawes?

18 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Here he is, riding in on his pony to remind others that they're wrong.  Do you actually talk about the Dees, Saty, or just comment on other posters and their views?

And I'm certain, somewhere back in this thread, I questioned his worth going forward because, at the time, he hadn't shown us much since he was drafted.  I'm more than happy to take a slice of that humble pie dazzle is baking.  But humble has never been a word in your vocab, Saty.  At least others here have the ability to do it.

I am humble enough not to laugh out loud when one or more of you write off a player, and then find you are completely wrong AGAIN, I post in topics and then I get attacked because I tend not to agree with the bleaters, I talk UP the Dees all the time

• Like 2

He was great last night. He's confidence to run and fun for someone so inexperienced is impressive. He needs to work on his kicking as they're a bit up and under, but he's developing beautifully and should be on our hbf for years to come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I am humble enough not to laugh out loud when one or more of you write off a player, and then find you are completely wrong AGAIN, I post in topics and then I get attacked because I tend not to agree with the bleaters, I talk UP the Dees all the time

You attack posters at all costs, even when a topic is going well you somehow find a way to attack posters and whinge about demonland. You are a dead set hypocrite of the highest order. I still cannot believe the mods haven't given you a holiday after last weeks disgracefull comment calling a female poster on here fat.

Add something worth discussing for once or do us all a favour and ship off to bigfooty..

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I've been posting here since Nov 2002 in one guise or other and must have seen roughly 150 players come and go.  Some through retirement and others through trades or delistings.  

I can hardly recall a player that's made me eat humble pie.  But plenty have had their bags packed. 

You can back every dud that's ever been on our list.  I have no problem with that. 

I won't. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, CBDees said:

Mystery is are they ever to play a game with their other BGS teammate Dawes?

I feel for Dawsy. He is a leader at the club but he'd be acutely aware that he is running out of time and, to a degree is a reminder of some poor times (that's not hi fault). Would love for him to surprise us and bounce back.

1 hour ago, ProDee said:

His speed and preparedness to run the lines is incredibly important.  He'll become a genuine weapon down the track.

My Brother's future Brother-in-law is a well-known former player and head recruiter of an AFL club and said a few years ago that Hunt was considered as good if not better than Salem and another player whose name presently escapes me, but dropped off the radar while still at school due to injury.

Josh Kelly?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, hemingway said:

It is not difficult to resist making critical comments about others. The only thing that makes it difficult is ego. There is more worth in what you don't say about others rather than what you say. 

Very  Physophical this morning Ernest. 

Should I start a Yoga class?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, old dee said:

You hadn't already ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

he's also got blond hair

:unsure::huh:

32 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

he's also got blond hair

Been a lot of that coming into the club lately. We were practically blondeless during the dark times.

Is this a thing?

Could it be like the way the Geelong superteam was wall-to-wall blue eyes?

1 minute ago, hemingway said:
25 minutes ago, old dee said:

Okay...I'm going to ask....what is physophical? Or do you mean philosophical?

Edited by Maple Demon

Unsurprisingly, I guess, he is playing a lot like H, including unfortunately the high up and under bombs. But I have been pretty impressed with his first handful of games. He'll be a player for sure. Others who will undoubtedly make the grade are Stretch, Tracc, and Clarry who will be our best midfielder by 2018 if not next year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Been a lot of that coming into the club lately. We were practically blondeless during the dark times.

Is this a thing?

Could it be like the way the Geelong superteam was wall-to-wall blue eyes?

OH NO!

HOGAN HAS DARK HAIR!!!

(Yeah I know. Wrong panic thread.)

Just now, Ted Fidge said:

OH NO!

HOGAN HAS DARK HAIR!!!

(Yeah I know. Wrong panic thread.)

Clarry's a ging. All good