• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Keith "Bluey" Truscott Memorial Trophy - 2015

Anyone want to trade Garland before...? Underrated and good. Trade Dunn instead!

Did you feel the same way about Terlich and M. Jones when they finished in the top 5 in 2013? At the end of the day, we won 7 games and lost 15 and need to get better.

Edited by mo64
  • Like 3

I always thought there should be awards at the end of the season in the vain of the Bluey for the board. Probably not named 'rubbish poster', but awards for best thread, talks the most drivel, poster of the year etc. Could be a bit of fun.

I think I recall this happening in the past? Even included polls I think.

Edited by Forest Demon

Club B&F's are different from media and Brownlow awards and the way votes are allocated. What I remember from last night is coaches vote and the maximum a player can get in a game is 40 votes, and the scale is from 1 to 10. Only players who deserve votes get them i.e. in some of the rounds where we got flogged on 3 players got votes whilst in another game I thought I counted 10 players who got votes. Coaches see the game differently to us and rank players on roles, performance etc.

That is really insightful, thanks!

Theoretically that means every player could get 40 per game, which of course will never happen.

That Viney polled an average of 20 and the next best was 14, shows how far away from 'top performances' our players are in the eyes of the coaches.

Love and value Viney very highly but he has gone up heaps in my estimation being so far ahead of the pack.

• Like 1

Congrats to Bernie, very well deserved. He's had a fantastic year. For Jack to finish only one point behind him is a phenomenal effort given the games he missed, we have a gem here, someone that other clubs will be envious of.

A few surprises, but there always are, I know Max played mostly in the second half of the year but I would've expected him to poll higher. I also would've expected Gus to finish above the likes of Howe and Garlett, but then Garlett did have a pretty productive year. The positions of Cross and Garland tell me how highly rated they are. I still feel we could've given Cross another year and for me his high finish shows that. Garland I still like, he's prone to a few brain farts that send him back to 2012 but he's still very good defensively.

The top 5 is exactly what we could've hoped for; 3 younger players with 2 older players and one older player pipping them at the end. The future was in the top 5 this year and I expect that trend to continue next year, although I'm sure Bernie and Jonesy will have something to say about that!

Edited by Pates

Club B&F's are different from media and Brownlow awards and the way votes are allocated. What I remember from last night is coaches vote and the maximum a player can get in a game is 40 votes, and the scale is from 1 to 10. Only players who deserve votes get them i.e. in some of the rounds where we got flogged on 3 players got votes whilst in another game I thought I counted 10 players who got votes. Coaches see the game differently to us and rank players on roles, performance etc.

From Roos speech and promise to the players and supporters he rates contested ball and being competitive highly. I am sure Peter Jackson said that it will be 2017 before we see the team introduce the attacking premiership winning game style but I may have mis interpreted his words.

I seem to remember that the selection panel vote 1-5 on every player hence the reason why Mitch White receives votes in his only game. So if the 4 voters vote Viney BOG he would receive 20 votes for that game. If the panel thought Matt Jones had a poor game they would vote 1/5 which means he would receive 4 votes for the game. I think that's how it works. Happy to be corrected.

Edited by djr

I seem to remember that the selection panel vote 1-5 on every player hence the reason why Mitch White receives votes in his only game. So if the 4 voters vote Viney BOG he would receive 20 votes for that game. If the panel thought Matt Jones had a poor game they would vote 1/5 which means he would receive 4 votes for the game. I think that's how it works. Happy to be corrected.

can't be completely right as jack viney averaged 20.4 votes per game

Was anything said about our off season strategy, contract extensions?

Was Terlich at the event?

To be honest I'm shattered Dunn didn't win. Holds up the backline like a champ and barely scraped into top 10. What a joke

Another reason it can't be right is Jordie got a zero in his only game

Time for my weekly whine about whichever amateurs are running the MFC website

Its almost 5 PM the day after the B and F and all the only media they have on there is the Daisy Pearce speech........ surely they are taking the [censored].

• Like 5

Its almost 5 PM the day after the B and F and all the only media they have on there is the Daisy Pearce speech........ surely they are taking the [censored].

Maybe send them your resume HH?

They could use your experience..

• Like 1

It was an awesome speech. I don't think I'd ever get tired of hearing just how well she spoke of the history of the club. I can wait for the rest if that's that's an indication of things to come

Was anything said about our off season strategy, contract extensions?

Was Terlich at the event?

To be honest I'm shattered Dunn didn't win. Holds up the backline like a champ and barely scraped into top 10. What a joke

The BF is a celebration of the season just completed. I pumped Josh Mahoney and Todd Viney about any info coming up to trade period but got doughnuts, and rightfully so.

Yes he was.

I think everyone at the club's off the clock now. You may see some videos emerge sometime in November, or sooner if there's a major installment in the future of women's footy

• Like 1

Agreed, every speech should have been on the website by this morning. Why it's taking this long is beyond me.

Some might say that if you're so keen to hear the speeches then get along to the night. I wouldn't.

• Like 3