• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - ROUND 1, 2015

Demonland

I was there too at both the Casey game and the main event. You can see substantial improvement throughtout the organisation. It is very encouraging.

I might say in passing, I stopped off at the bottle shop and supermarket in Albert Park on the way home and didn't realise I still had my demon scarf on. I had three seperate people come up to me to say how much they enjoyed watching the game and how awesome they thought the Roos coached Demons were, and how much they were barracking for us in the last quarter when Abblett kicked those two goals. When I asked them whether they were rusted on Demons, two were Collingwood and one was a Swanny.

Maybe we are achieving what PJ and PR have been asking for ie respect and fear from our peers.

All I can say is hooray to that!

• Like 11

Once McCartney gets Watts sorted, I've got no doubt Toumpas will become his pet project. So much talent that needs to be unleashed, can't think of a better coach to do it.

Leave Roos to deal with the ones and hand off the developing kids to Brendan.

Watts has always been quietly confident. He never seemed down on himself. I think they are 2 completely different blokes.

Watts is a calm, laid back fella. Toumpas is an emotional type. Roos would probably work better for Toumpas.

I think Watts needs McCartney at this point in his career - a harder approach. I'm not sure Toumpas could handle it.

Maybe even Roos is too much for Toumpas atm. Might be a project for Tammy.

It was a thing of beauty.

Highest score of the round so far.

New to Melb players kicked 8 of the goals.

Unlike last year didn't have to rely on the opposition kicking badly to win.

Withstood the challenges and supporters not just teased.

So much to like about the new blood - at last some very good list management (and the top recruit sadly injured - taken ahead of the very impressive Brayshaw can only hope Petracca comes up O K next year).

Hardly a negative and some good players in the wings - so maybe slowly building a bit of depth.

If only Jeremy Howe would re sign - especially after and given today.

And the rest of the footy world haven't woken up how good Tom McDonald is.

• Like 2

P S

What a wonderful experience to be there, see it unfold and see all the loyal Demon supporters so happy.

Also thinking tonight - Roosy never used to like Sydney winning pre season when he was there - remember his comment to McVeigh - go forward but don't kick a goal. So while no point getting too carried away with today apart from greatly enjoying the win - maybe the NAB whatever games they are meant very little.

• Like 2

I expressed my surprise at bringing in Howe underdone before the match. Not the first time I've had one of those "shows how much I know" moments while following this sport. He was great and didn't look short of a run at all.

• Like 9

I expressed my surprise at bringing in Howe underdone before the match. Not the first time I've had one of those "shows how much I know" moments while following this sport. He was great and didn't look short of a run at all.

I thought the same Nasher.

I did wonder if he would make the full game or be subbed.

Didn't the Toump come on in the last as the sub? A bit rich some saying he had a bad game or that he should be dropped. I'd honestly be happy to see Dawes and Vince at Casey next week because it should be hard to break into a winning side (Never thought I'd say that after rd 1)

Didn't the Toump come on in the last as the sub? A bit rich some saying he had a bad game or that he should be dropped. I'd honestly be happy to see Dawes and Vince at Casey next week because it should be hard to break into a winning side (Never thought I'd say that after rd 1)

He played about 15-20 mins under the concussion rule in the first q. I didn't rate him - he was very fumbly and uncertain and managed a couple of clangers. Reckon he'll go for Vince.

• Like 1

Hi guys, is there any way to watch the replay (for free) on the AFL.com.au site? I remember you could last year, however it looks like they've put pay walls up on everything like the NBA.

Cheers

GL

Watts has always been quietly confident. He never seemed down on himself. I think they are 2 completely different blokes.

Watts is a calm, laid back fella. Toumpas is an emotional type. Roos would probably work better for Toumpas.

I think Watts needs McCartney at this point in his career - a harder approach. I'm not sure Toumpas could handle it.

Maybe even Roos is too much for Toumpas atm. Might be a project for Tammy.

Most ridiculous thing i have read.

Im sure Toumpas is a fine young man who is old enough to handle whatever hurdle is put in front of him

• Like 1

Great day yesterday.

The beer was cold, the trays were free and all around me, it felt surreal.....our imaginative landscape that wasn't that imaginative after all.

One thing annoyed me...the boy won again...under 39.5...told me was going to shout the bar at Mrs Collins...whoever she is.

Little (big) [censored].

• Like 1

For those imagining that Dawes won't come in next week, you are deluded. He is in the best condition of his career, at the best age, was excellent in the NAB, and increases the physicality and forward focus like nobody in the team (including Hogan). With Hogan now up and about, oppositions have two huge, quick competitive beasts to worry about. Garlett, Kent, JKH have a potential opportunists field day. Then there's Watts! Dawes comes straight in, and I can't wait.

• Like 6

Just watched the replay

Jack Viney is now a clear BOG for mine

Got 24 touches

Smashed Ablett every opportunity

24 touches

Hit Watts on the chest for Watts 2nd goal

Hit Hogan in the last for Hogans 2nd goal

Got the centre clearance after Hogans goal, booted it inside 50, Newton goal

Amazing game from Jack

• Like 2

Further to that someone quoted a stat that said Toumoas had 16% Disposal Efficiency

Well that a lot of [censored] that stat is... just watched the replay and he had three effective touches in the final quarter of his 6 disposals

My math isnt the greatest but I dont think think its possible to get 16% from 3 out of 6

Further to that someone quoted a stat that said Toumoas had 16% Disposal Efficiency

Well that a lot of [censored] that stat is... just watched the replay and he had three effective touches in the final quarter of his 6 disposals

My math isnt the greatest but I dont think think its possible to get 16% from 3 out of 6

No, I think it was claimed he had 16% game time, which also sounds bit out.

He wasn't hopeless and actually got to some contests but he did a hospital pass early to Howe which resulted in a turnover plus a couple of other fumbles which weren't really his fault as the ball was passed to his feet or out to the side. The crowd have already decided he's rubbish though so every time he fumbles the comments and sighs are audible and I reckon this is affecting him. It's all mental once he gets a bit of confidence he's gonna be a good player. Hopefully the supporters stick with him because he needs the support.

It was interesting some of the comments at the game when Watts dropped a couple of marks. People ignored his workrate and ability to get to the contest in the first place. People ignored the fact that he lead from the front, provided a target and was one of our key players when it counted. Like last year I think Watts will continue to establish himself this year to become a very good player in 2016.

Dmitri works hard, has talent and got involved yesterday, he just needs to build confidence. In previous seasons his smothered handball would have 'cost us the game' but yesterday it was just a mistake similar to what GC made at the other end. It isn't Jimmy's fault he was drafted into a rabble and he deserves a clean run to develop his confidence and become the player he was drafted to be.

• Like 6

Thats Jesses warm up routine before he runs out.

That pack he split in the last quarter was probably the highlight of the day for me. To do it in your first game speaks volumes.

His presence and confidence will only grow.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Hells Bells song as the players ran out set the scene.. Thought it was great. But did anyone else just have that feeling that things felt different as soon as the boys ran out ? It just seems like a new team, was like watching a different team yesterday. There was excitement in the crowd was sensational.. Watching the replays the roar of the crowd was unreal for only 27,000

• Like 3