Melbourne v Fremantle @ Fremantle Oval - 5th March, 2015

Signs you're a Melbourne supporter #134

You [censored] bricks over a NAB Cup game, with the quiet chant of "please don't suck" running through your head on a continuous loop hours before the game.

I said almost the exact same thing the other day to a friend (fried).

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 3

I'm heading to the Lieghoak club to watch.

As a demons club they have the big screen projector downstairs and nice to sit with demons diehards. Pretty good food to.

I went there for a game last year. The food was cheap, decent value for money pub grub, but could be better. The decor of the place is a mess though and the big screen was in the bistro only and was pretty poor quality projector set up if I recall correctly.

My local pub doesn't have the MFC die hards and might even move the MFC game to a second screen instead of the big screen. But the big screen is a proper TV not a projector and the place is cleaner and more youthful.

GAME DAY!! WOO HOO. no games since August is friggen ridiculous

CARN THE DEES! dont really care if we win but itll just be great to watch us play again.

(im excited)

• Like 1

The knot in my gut is starting to build ....... Jeebus!

I know it's only NAB Challenge with no points riding riding on it, but my gut is clearly on a different wave-length to my brain.

Edit: typo

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 1

The knot in my gut is starting to build ....... Jeebus!

I know it's only NAB Challenge with no points riding riding on it, but my gut is clearly on a different wave-length to my brain.

Edit: typo

You are not alone

You are not alone

I'm actually a little excited at the prospect of seeing Hogan and Garlett up forward... not only just to see what they are capable of, but also to see what kind of an impact that has on the games of Dawes and JKH. Also pretty excited to see what sort of run Lamumba gives us out of defence.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

I'm actually a little excited at the prospect of seeing Hogan and Garlett up forward... not only just to see what they are capable of, but also to see what kind of an impact that has on the games of Dawes and JKH. Also pretty excited to see what sort of run Lamumba gives us out of defence.

It will be a great night hardtack. Also keen to look at the backline with Frost and Salem injected!

• Like 1

Spoke to the Bentleigh Club yesterday mdemonski2 and they are not showing it in the big room upstairs where MFC games are usually broadcast.

Said it will be on in the Members Bar, which has big screens but will also be showing the racing no doubt.

This is the slack thing about the MFC investment in the Bentleigh Club. They only treat it as a passive investment and pokies venue (plus a piece of real estate). They should be hands-on managers and get it really cranked up as a Demon venue. When they first bought it, they had (injured) players working behind the jump and put on the big screen in the function room downstairs and had round tables and a good meal. Great atmosphere, in interstate matches, everybody wore their footy gear and I seem to recall they also had a raffle. It was actually a fun place to go. Now it is more fun down the pub! Edited by CBDees

We should go to Brisbane, watch it an hour earlier!

It would be better to go at quarter time so you can warn them about what's going to happen, take advantage of this time loophole

• Like 4

It will be a great night hardtack. Also keen to look at the backline with Frost and Salem injected!

Damn were they at Windy Hill?

• Like 2

Calling it early, Kent, Garlett and JKH to be very dangerous in this game, if they all play well i'm not sure freo have the small defenders to cover them, they will be more worried about Hogan, Dawes and Gawn

• Like 1

truth be told, more nervous about playing the mock bombers in two weeks time

If the Saints give them a pasting this weekend I won't be that nervous.

Edited by McQueen

footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy footy

• Like 9

I'm getting toey for a glorified practice match.

It's awesome having the footy back!

Just please do me one solid this year Melbourne and DONT SUCK!

I want us to be respected each week even if outmatched.

Spoke to the Bentleigh Club yesterday mdemonski2 and they are not showing it in the big room upstairs where MFC games are usually broadcast.

Said it will be on in the Members Bar, which has big screens but will also be showing the racing no doubt.

Thanks grapeviney. Will have to watch in the bar it looks like. Appreciate heads up.

Have just signed up for the AFL Live subscription since the NAB games are free. Going to give it a crack casting the screen from my phone to the telly through the chromecast. Hope it works, can't be bothered going to the pub tonight. Bloddy excited to see Hogan play!!!