Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

I think you'll find there is no more FA compo after this year Tony. That back 6 you mention would be crushed by the big fwds of any of this year's top 6 teams, much too undersized. My understanding is that teams cannot trade players that re sign a new contract in the year of the trade period, which makes TMac not up for trade. Not 100% sure on that rule though.

The Free Agency rules are in place until 2016. http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Garland has previously played on all of Roughead, Buddy and Cloke and done ok. And Dunn played on Schulz, Cloke and many other big forwards this year.

Sydney went into the grand final with Richards, Grundy and Rampe as its key defenders. And Josh Gibson (189cm) was Hawthorn's second KPD after Lake. The game has changed and pace and skill is what is required.

And the 'Heffernan Rule' is nonsense. (Josh Kennedy was traded in the Judd deal after signing a new contract.) Players can be traded if they consent.

Pick 3 for Sam Reid & Membrey?

Doesn't address our midfield problem but set's our talls in stone.

I reckon its a great idea. Tim Membrey will be a gun! & Reid is only 22 yrs old. IMO he has talent and can take a mark in the dukes! (unlike Dawesy)

And an injection of bloods culture is priceless.

Don't know much about Membrey, other than that he is too small to be a genuine key forward. The only way Reid's name should appear in the same sentence as pick 3 is if he is the steak knives thrown in with Tom Mitchell (or Hannebery or Parker for that matter).

• Like 1

Moonshadow, on 30 Sept 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yep, if Garlo comes up for FA next year, we'd be crazy not to shop him around now. It fits the Roos FA principle.

I wouldn't trade Galand. Garland was excellent in 2013 and had an ordinary preseason this year. So we would be trading him at a trough in his value. And we will still get reasonable compensation for Garland next year anyway if he leaves as a RFA.

Personally I would like to see us go with a more skillful backline in 2015. I also think both Garland and Dunn are better when they are played on key forwards. So IMO we should trade McDonald for a midfielder (Greenwood/Toby Green) and run with a back six of Dunn, Garland, Howe, Lumumba, Vince and Jetta.

Garland's end of season review is on the MFC's official website.

Hazard a guess, but all of the players with end of season review footage placed on the official website are required players in 2015.

Hazard a guess, but all of the players with end of season review footage placed on the official website are required players in 2015.

that was my thought too, though I guess if the right trade was there perhaps one might go

Does that include everyone's favourite footballer......Watts?

I reckon its a great idea. Tim Membrey will be a gun! & Reid is only 22 yrs old. IMO he has talent and can take a mark in the dukes! (unlike Dawesy)

And an injection of bloods culture is priceless.

Whatever culture they had last Saturday I'm not buying it.

The Free Agency rules are in place until 2016. http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

Garland has previously played on all of Roughead, Buddy and Cloke and done ok. And Dunn played on Schulz, Cloke and many other big forwards this year.

Sydney went into the grand final with Richards, Grundy and Rampe as its key defenders. And Josh Gibson (189cm) was Hawthorn's second KPD after Lake. The game has changed and pace and skill is what is required.

And the 'Heffernan Rule' is nonsense. (Josh Kennedy was traded in the Judd deal after signing a new contract.) Players can be traded if they consent.

Again.... if a suitable trade came up for Garland, Roos would more than likely consider it, particulate as he enters his FA period next year. Garland might even get shopped around. He is not on the keep at all costs list. That's essentially what I first posted. But you can keep carrying on of you want.

BTW, comparing our defence with Haw and Syd... lol! Too funny.

• Like 1

Should deal with the dogs and the Swans.

Pick 2 to dogs for good young player and pick 5.

Pick 3 on Brayshaw

Pick 5 to the Swans for Mitchell and Membrey

that's adding 3 good lung players to your midfield depth and a strong promising forward.

BOOOM

• Like 2

i like it.

won't happen.

Why not? Doggies need a marking forward and Mitchell is wasted in the reserves and Membrey want out. The picks are fair

Brett Anderson reporting/tweeting-

Dogs keen on trading up in draft to ensure they get a key fwd. 1st rd pick & player to Dees for Frawley compo pick is a chance. #AFLTrades

Dont see them parting with anything i would want? Dahlhaus?

Dogs keen on trading up in draft to ensure they get a key fwd. 1st rd pick & player to Dees for Frawley compo pick is a chance. #AFLTrades

They have nothing that we would want, other than what they would deem as untouchables...............Bontempelli, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae. Maybe CLay Smith, but he's coming off a knee reco.

I will take Stringer in that deal

I will take Stringer in that deal

Just heard him on SEN saying this.. Doubt there going to give up

Stringer considering that want pick 3 to get Mccartin or wright.. What about pick 3 & pick 22 for Nathan hrovat + pick 5 ? They don't have much else to offer I don't think...

Griffen or Stringer

Edited by rjay

Should deal with the dogs and the Swans.

Pick 2 to dogs for good young player and pick 5.

Pick 3 on Brayshaw

Pick 5 to the Swans for Mitchell and Membrey

that's adding 3 good lung players to your midfield depth and a strong promising forward.

BOOOM

Having listened to PR's draft interview you may be right on the money, Sweet Dee!

Add Billy Stretch, Harry O, Frost & Merritt and we are starting to look very good.

Your names plus mine provide really strength and balance all over the field!

Now we just need to land pick 3!