GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

I presume we have negotiated it in a way whereby any cost inst counted towards our salary cap.

We are currently only paying 95% of the cap which leaves us with a spare $450,000. Mitch would be on app $650,000.

If the club had the spare money then it would give us $1million to poach a top recruit.

I think its time to start raiding GWS and GC.

ahhhhh yes, the nature of modern day football. Players are like cattle, lose one, move on and quickly buy another without mourning the previous one. They all black with white spots aren't they? Or is it white with black spots? Who cares, i gots moneys to makes.

Spare me, give us at least 5 minutes to talk about a champion we had and wish him best of luck.

• Like 3

would still like to see one last big interview with him. I think the club and Clark owe the supporters the full story for a bit of closure to a long running saga that to be honest we have been kept mostly in the dark on.

No dis-respect to Mitch, he needs to do what is best for him and his family and at the end of the day Football is just a job for the players and a short term one at that. I wish him all the best in his recovery and photography endeavours, but as an investor to this club, both financially and emotionally I think we all deserve the full story.

• Like 1

Disappointed we won't be able to see him play again, but some things are bigger than footy.

This is one of those things.

I wish Mitch all the best going forward, I hope he manages to conquer his illness, and I bear him absolutely no ill will whatsoever

• Like 1

would still like to see one last big interview with him. I think the club and Clark owe the supporters the full story for a bit of closure to a long running saga that to be honest we have been kept mostly in the dark on.

No dis-respect to Mitch, he needs to do what is best for him and his family and at the end of the day Football is just a job for the players and a short term one at that. I wish him all the best in his recovery and photography endeavours, but as an investor to this club, both financially and emotionally I think we all deserve the full story.

Have a read son'. Tis' no party:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder

Very sad for Mitch. A huge loss for the footy club not just on the field but off it also. I wish him all the best in his journey back to full fitness. I just can't help but think we wont see him move back to Perth and get himself sorted and pull on a dockers jumper. I hope for Mitch's sake he can get back to playing footy but for us melbourne supporters it would be a bitter pill too swallow .

i would think an admission of clinical depression should be enough closure for any supporter

what more do you want - a current affair type tell all- sheesh

• Like 11

Knowing him personally, this is the right decision for him, and it's been a while coming. Good luck to him, he's a great bloke, and it's been painful to see him so down.

Thanks for your contributions, Mitch. We'll miss you at the club

Dam it, poor Mitch hopefully he can get on top of his battle. Apparently some journos have known about it for awhile but because its such a sensitive issue they didnt go with the story.

The good thing is it seems he has a fallback post footy and seems to be really enjoying his photography. Hopefully that goes well for him.

He is only 26 and its just a shame he got those horrible foot injuries because when he did play those games for us he was dangerous.

Is there any chance something positive can happen at our club?

Best of luck to mitch in his recovery.

Lets hope we can recruit someone of similar calibre next year

Heartbreaking in a lot of ways but a sober reminder that there is more to life than playing football.

Good Luck with your recovery Mitch, we'll miss you on the field but you will always be a part of the Melbourne Football Club.

Edited by DemonWorshipper

Best of luck Mitch.

But as with all of us, as a long suffering supporter of this club, I feel almost desperate enough to seek the services of a white witch to break the apparent hex on this club. Just how many more good people are going to be cut down, following their association with the MFC?

I understand full well that what Mitch is going though is as serious a condition as they come. I truly feel sorry for the bloke. I have seen and felt first hand what taking a football career away from a guy early does to them. And that is putting it into perspective. To most young men who grow up playing the game, it really is everything to them. I know it was to me until my leg got shattered playing.

I just think that the club could give something back to the supporters explaining the goings on at the club and still be discrete and respectful to Mitch and his family. I'm not seeking that his medical history be laid out publically, I just want closure to the story rather then all the speculation that has been served up over the last 18months.

Without a final re-telling or explanation the stories, the assumptions and the speculation will never stop.

I wish Mitch all the best in his recovery and well in his retirement.

To think he had four goals up in the first quarter of the last game he started as a healthy player ... he still gave his best, tried his hardest and risked life and limb for the club. The final sentence in the article in the OP sums him up.

• Like 2

Why are people so hostile towards his contract? We can't talk about it without acknowledging and respecting his issue?

There is another issue at play here: the one of a football club struggling for leaders, with a history of poor recruiting and bad luck. Doesn't anyone else want to know, "What next?" Or are we all just going to sit here typing in a circle jerk and one massive crying session.

All the best for the bloke. But I want to know how my club is being compensated. Life goes on. There is a football match to be played.

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 5

I understand full well that what Mitch is going though is as serious a condition as they come. I truly feel sorry for the bloke. I have seen and felt first hand what taking a football career away from a guy early does to them. And that is putting it into perspective. To most young men who grow up playing the game, it really is everything to them. I know it was to me until my leg got shattered playing.

I just think that the club could give something back to the supporters explaining the goings on at the club and still be discrete and respectful to Mitch and his family. I'm not seeking that his medical history be laid out publically, I just want closure to the story rather then all the speculation that has been served up over the last 18months.

Without a final re-telling or explanation the stories, the assumptions and the speculation will never stop.

we don't need to know Mitch's inner troubles mate...

Its over.

No you don't.

• Like 1

Jurrah ....potential superstar...gone

Clark ......potential superstar ..gone

We must have been all mass murderers in a previous life.