• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Scorpions v Williamstown

KC from Casey

No interaction between Dockers players and Peel

Lyon stopped the Dockers players training 1 night a week with Peel due to concerns of the travel from Perth/Freo to Mandurah possibly causing injury

No assisting development in the club and overlooking good WAFL players over Dockers rookies and draftees (this is to be expected and also happening at East Perth)

The emergencies being held over to the last minute or withdrawn late to suit Freo, 2 emergencies on the weekend did not turn up till just after quarter time which left Peel with only 2 on the bench for the first quarter. Peel played Subi about 2 km from Patersons and the decision that Bradley & Sheridan needed a run so they had to do without for a quarter and ten minutes.

I understand it's all about the AFL club but doesn't bode well for harmony with the alignment

Cool, thanks for the thorough reply.

THIS MAKES ME HAPPY:

Luke Tapscott: Luke played half-back, half-forward and mid. He had 30 possessions. Again, this week, Luke was one of our stronger players. He attempted to play our style of footy and if he continues in that vein, we’ll certainly put his name up before the selectors.

Jay Kennedy-Harris: Jay played half-forward flank and wing. He had 31 possessions. For the first time in three weeks, Jay came with a clear focus to play his role and get to as many fall of the ball contests as he could. He had great success in doing so and had a major impact on the game.

Alex Georgiou: Alex played full-back. He had 18 possessions. Again, this week, Alex at least broke even over the course of the game. He certainly endeavours to play our brand of footy week in, week out. Therefore, he is just waiting his opportunity at senior level.

Mitch Clisby: Mitch played half-back and had 20 possessions. It was his first game back after a quadriceps injury sidelined him for five matches. He was restricted to 80 minutes and got through that time without injury. So he achieved what he set out to on the weekend.

THIS MAKES ME SAD:

Jimmy Toumpas: Jimmy played half-back and wing. He had 14 possessions. Jimmy is down on confidence at the moment and it’s reflecting his game. We’re just looking for him to keep it simple, take the ball cleanly and use it smartly. But on the weekend, we didn’t see that from Jimmy.

THIS MAKES ME SAD/HAPPY:

Sam Blease: Sam played half-forward and wing. He had 23 possessions. Sam really struggled with his ball use, particularly by foot. In tough conditions, he found it very hard to find the targets. However, in the last quarter, we finally saw some flashes of Sam that we’ve been looking for all season. He won the ball and used his speed and either kicked a goal or got it to someone in a better position. That’s what we’re looking for from Sam.

Viv Michie: Viv had 18 possessions and played inside mid and half-forward. Once again, Viv battled away in the midfield, which was clearly outpointed by the opposition. He knows exactly what he needs to work on to put his name up for selection, so it’s time to start working at that.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

The Toumpas haters will be out in force again, but the kid needs time. We don't need him in the seniors at the minute and they can work on the areas of improvement in the magoos. Not too worried about the young fella.

Based on the above I'm hopeful of JKH and Tappy getting a run in the seniors. I'm impressed that Tappy has worked hard to impress and improve his game and, hopefully, he is rewarded for that.

• Like 2

The Toumpas haters will be out in force again, but the kid needs time. We don't need him in the seniors at the minute and they can work on the areas of improvement in the magoos. Not too worried about the young fella.

The haters gonna hate

• Like 1

I'd play Jimmy on the ball, let him get his hands on the ball, we know he can use it well

Its exactly why he dominated the under 18 championships.

Played on ball and was clearly a top 5 draft Prospect.

Its exactly why he dominated the under 18 championships.

Played on ball and was clearly a top 5 draft Prospect.

Several weeks ago Roosy commented on how they were quite happy with Jimmy's progress as they are in the process of teaching him different things. Perhaps they're aware of his prowess on the ball and are now trying to bring more of an outside running game in to his repertoire.

As always, I defer to the coaching staff and trust that he'll come good.

Several weeks ago Roosy commented on how they were quite happy with Jimmy's progress as they are in the process of teaching him different things. Perhaps they're aware of his prowess on the ball and are now trying to bring more of an outside running game in to his repertoire.

As always, I defer to the coaching staff and trust that he'll come good.

I think early in the season there was a big focus on defensive work for Jimmy. Now there seems to be a bigger focus on taking it back to basics.

If I'm correct it seems they have tried to improve the defensive side of his game but are now trying to get him back to playing natural footy while doing the defensive things automatically instead of focusing solely on them.

Note he played half back and there wasn't a knock on his defence like the was for other players.

There is a spot on the half back line for him if this can click. I hope he takes his chance.

• Like 1

I'm not a Toumpas hater, in fact I want to see the kid succeed more than anyone! But his progress has to be a concern. Will he go on to become a dependable 100+ gamer? I say yes. Will he go on to become an 'elite' player or even a rung or two below that (the level you expect from a top 5 pick)? Well..... he's coming from a long way back.

Didn't Toumpas play half back sweeper in his u/18 year?

Very disappointing that he's not getting his hands on it, but at least he's tackling now - essentially the opposite of what he was doing earlier in the year.

Baby steps.

In his u/18 years he played as an onballer/wing and spent a little time on half back, he had serious pace though, it seems that his surgery has taken that from him for now, he still has the class and footy smarts, but he is a player very much dependant on confidence, it's shot at the minute so hopefully he finds it and finishes the year well.

Disappointed at the negativity towards Sam Blease who has been collecting a decent amount of possessions in a dyslexic team that struggles to function.

I would like to see JKH and Tapscott and him go to Darwin.

I know that you have to earn your spot etc but some of the younger blokes like Salem and Kent looked tired and didn't perform well last week. Give them a rest and see how Blease and Tapscott perform when they're playing for their football lives. Give them the next few games and what can we lose?

Disappointed at the negativity towards Sam Blease who has been collecting a decent amount of possessions in a dyslexic team that struggles to function.

I would like to see JKH and Tapscott and him go to Darwin.

I know that you have to earn your spot etc but some of the younger blokes like Salem and Kent looked tired and didn't perform well last week. Give them a rest and see how Blease and Tapscott perform when they're playing for their football lives. Give them the next few games and what can we lose?

Also think some players rise to the occasion in the firsts but stagnate in the 2's. Have an idea Blease may be like that. Can be very damaging on his day - remember him kicking 5 agin the Saints. Been a while since anyone has done that. The ground and weather conditions at VFL venues wouldn't suit Sam. Must be given a go. Same with Tappy. No value with Nicho or Terlich and Salem isn't ready.

Blease has always had a problem fulfilling his defensive role. It's just that Roos isn't going to let him play seniors until he does it consistently.

The decision is pretty simple for Blease, unless he's physically (mentally?) incapable.

• Like 1

The VFL generally is in trouble with Bendigo Gold folding. Casey could be next so where does that leave the competition?

Who cares!! As I have been saying, time for the Dees to go it alone!!