WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - DOM TYSON

angrydee

He's already one of my favourite players - that is, along with my other favourite Demons: Bernie Vince, Daniel Cross and Viv Michie.

Does that go with your favourite Coach, Midfield coach, Recruiter etc.. LOL

Tyson is a gun. We've got a bargain here. He was obviously undervalued due to his injury and GWS were desperate to get Pick #2. We've landed Tyson AND Salem.
Tyson alone will likely prove worthy of the pick, let alone adding another potential good midfielder.

Tyson is so clever in the stoppages and when the ball is in dispute around the ground. The amount of times this NAB cup we have seen him get first hands and flick a handball out to start a chain of possession shows what a talented and important player he will be for the next 10 years for us. In training he is always feeding the ball out to Watts, and Roos has made a focus of that. If he tidies up his kicking just a tad, he is a potential superstar. IMO his NAB cup showing at least proves he knows how to get his hands on the footy and it's just about staying fit and healthy. As long as he is on the park he is going to produce.

• Like 2

it's effectively tyson and salem for kelly and dunstan, yeah?

the difference is that tyson should be able to impact immediately for us, whereas kelly and dunstan would have taken development time.

fwiw, all four should be very good players in the long-term.

The thing for me is Roosy and Stone knew either way they'd be getting a really young mid, they obviously rated Tyson and Salem well above any of the mids in the draft

He's already one of my favourite players - that is, along with my other favourite Demons: Bernie Vince, Daniel Cross and Viv Michie.

Agree Ron ....... he wears red and blue! (lol)

Q5ceaV8.jpg

Not to mention he said we went with another 'Scattergun' approach in regards to our drafting & trading in picking up Vince, Cross & Tyson...

Nek minnit they are our top 3 leading disposal getters and are forming into a credible midfield unit. He is a [censored]

• Like 3

811 listed players in Ultimate Footy and Dom Tyson is projected as the 720th best. My mates and I had our annual Ultimate Footy draft tonight and calling his name out in the first half of the evening was a lot of fun. Had my friends frantically flipping pages to the back of their booklets to see where I pulled this one from. At this stage of the night no one had made a selection outside of the top 150 that alone as late as the seven hundreds. Hope he gets 30 disposals against the Sainters!

Ultimate Footy aside, Tyson has all the attributes to be elite. I think I've been waiting my entire life for a genuine elite inside midfielder at the Dees and I think the wait might be over.

• Like 5

After last Friday's game, I can see why "Knightmare" compared Dom to Simon Black.

How would it be if he turned out half as good as him!!!

The similarity is there but I think Dom has better evasiveness. In the long run we could get a fair bit of Black with a mix of Mitchell and Pendles.

The similarity is there but I think Dom has better evasiveness. In the long run we could get a fair bit of Black with a mix of Mitchell and Pendles.

Pendels is the comparision for me, he just always looks to have time, and for me he is the absolute perfect balance of inside and outside mid

If he can actually get some proper training and development working on his fitness, spread, speed off the mark, kicking and marking outside he could be something. Right now he's a very promising kid and we have to accept some good and bad games. But he's probably already the most natural clearance winner we've in a long long time. He hasn't at all looked out of place against Richmond and Geelong and now add Hawthorn. Didn't really influence the game much today but he's one that can actually learn something from the game.

• Like 3

Didnt play like a gun today, neither did anyone else though.

Edited by DeeZee

Then what was the purpose of this post?

The purpose was to show, we still dont have any real stars in the midfield.

Hopefully the likes of Tyson and Viney will develop into what we need.

We got all these new midfielders but still got smashed, however its not panic stations yet we will see how good these guys are as the season develops.

The purpose was to show, we still dont have any real stars in the midfield.

Hopefully the likes of Tyson and Viney will develop into what we need.

We got all these new midfielders but still got smashed, however its not panic stations yet we will see how good these guys are as the season develops.

I get your point... As I didn't see the game, I wont comment further. Although even the best players still have average games sometimes

Edited by Demonof94