Who gets you excited?

Josh

If those two are the balls then Chunk is the doodle, ramming through packs.

Wonderfully evocative metaphor.

Keep shovng them in there .

• Like 3

I'm excited by the newbies - particularly Viney, Toumpas, Barry, Kent (cant wait for a raking left foot) and Dawes

I'll even be excited to see Hogan turn out for Casey.

I'm excited, curious, hopeful of any player that hasn't been able to do a full preseason until now - just to see the scope for improvement: Tapscott, Jetta, Taggert, Gawn even Jordie and Pickle

I wouldn't be holding your breath about Pederson and Dawes becoming fwd line guns. Pederson couldn't get a game at North and Dawes kicked 16 goals last year (His highest tally is 30 goals).

I think they will both be competitive but they aren't going to be superstars in the short term

Yes dawes didn't kick many goals this year but he was pinch hitting in the ruck and was playing a similar role that leigh brown did in his last couple of seasons. When he got his 30 goals he was still only 22 so he would've still been developing and now that he is 24 he should be entering his prime and Neeld has said he will be a stay at home fwd. I'm not saying he will be a 40-50 goal a year fwd but there is great room for improvement so there is a reasonable chance that he may become that sort of player.

Pedersen i don't think will be a dominant fwd for us but he will be our 3rd tall so will not be getting the best defender on him so there is a good opportunity for him to establish himself and kick 20-30 goals

Our fwd line will be loads better this year because we will no longer be looking for only clark in the 50. The defenders will not be able to double team him like they did this year and they won't be able to do it to either of the others because we now have multiple avenues to goal.

• Like 1

Blease - Body and mind at AFL level

Grimes - (touch wood) his fitness should be at record level

Clark - just getting him back playing is enough for me

Toumpas - when did we last get a real class player

Pedersen - I think he'll be a real bargain and fan favourite the way he plays tough footy

One of Terlich, Jones or Crisp - 3 mature ages, I hope one can make impact like Magner

Lastly I really hoping Gillies can be something. I like Tom McDonald but I think we've put a lot of pressure on him and by default Frawley to be the main men down back. They won't have the wise head of Rivers to help out. I wonder if Gillies could be something. His kicking might always be a bit off but physically I expect him to be very ready. I want to see Watts nail the 3rd tall spot, but I wonder if either a Sellar or Gillies could push for best 22 as well.

"Sleazy Sam Blease".

Has the pace and the will to take 'em on.

Has kicked too many "arsey" goals for it to be an accident.

One of many to be excited about .

It's scary (for opposition) to think how good he will be once he has some quality around him, like we are hopefully now accumulating. Will bust games open.

I'll give another shout out to Rory mu****in' Taggert.

And the Toump.

And Nong Barry.

Ah, half the damn list I'm excited about. It's off-season! Yeehaw!

I know this year there seems to be more reason than ever to be pumped for next season but nevertheless this is the classic Demonland 'peak in excitement' which happens year in year out.

Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing Blease in action with a much larger tank and fitness base, as well as Jonesy (seeing him improve on last year would be awesome) and Viney.

More a 'what' than a 'who'

Would like to see the whole team display a 'Never say die' attitude in every game . A 'Never give in' stance doesn't take skill or any god given talent . It's a mindset which all our players can display .

The players have got to want to be successful and a hatred of losing should be shared right across the board .

If we do that, there will be plenty of excitement .

• Like 3

I'm more hopeful than excited about Mitch Clark tearing up the G again.

I blocked out all of 2012, except for those moments of pure orgasmic football from Clarky,

Also Jack Viney. Totes excitement about what he can bring to the table.

Edited by Jaded

Memories like a sieve.

Two forgotten guys that will be given the opportunity to show their wares are Rory Taggert and Josh Tynan.

They have shown a little bit in their injury ridden careers but what they have shown has me excited.

Injury free will make forward progress.

I'm probably not as excited about Viney as other people, but I'm sure once I see him play i'll be as passionate.

I'm excited to see Clark go through a whole season, and if Clark/Dawes can become like a Brown/Bradshaw combination.

Another chance for Sylvia to get through a whole season injury free and dominate.

The fact that our list is healthy, both in actual physical health and quantity in each position. Competition for spots will be interesting.

Jack Watts. Time to fire your guns, baby man.

Mitch Clark is going to be a lot more potent next season with some bigger bodies and more competent footballers playing around him. I remember the West Coast game where he snagged four and none of those goals was from an effective upfield delivery. That in itself shows the quality of the man in terms of effort and ability - he was buggered after each of those goals.

Viney clearing and Clark goaling. That will do me just fine.

Memories like a sieve.

Two forgotten guys that will be given the opportunity to show their wares are Rory Taggert and Josh Tynan.

They have shown a little bit in their injury ridden careers but what they have shown has me excited.

Injury free will make forward progress.

Like a sieve hey? Please list for us all their exciting moments in MFC games....

• Like 1

Like a sieve hey? Please list for us all their exciting moments in MFC games....

Did someone judge what a post says by reading the first 4 words?

He is talking about Tynan and Taggert being overlooked when they have a year on Barry, Kent, Terlich, and Jones.

I agree, I am keen to see what that little fearless bloke Tynan can do with his new rig. Although he has a ways to go yet.

I agree P Man.

Its been a good off season. let it continue into next season, PLS

Like most here far too optimistic about the coming year

but after the last couple of years its far better than the football season,

We have not lost badly for some time...its feels good,

Agree lets hope it continues into the NAB cup and real season Cheers Go Dees !!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

TROUBLE by The Oracle

Situated roughly in Australia's geographic centre, Alice Springs has for many years been a troubled town suffering from intermittent crime waves, particularly among its younger residents. There was a time a little while ago when things were so bad that some even doubted the annual AFL game in the town would proceed.  Now, the hope is that this Sunday’s Melbourne vs Fremantle encounter will bring joy to the residents of the town and that through the sport and the example of the participants,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Mid-Season Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected Western Australian key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 237

TRAINING: Tuesday 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning. Beautiful morning for training. The dew has dried, out from AAMI, quiet chatting. Maysie does his heart symbol. 7 in rehab, Turner, Hore, Sestan, BBB, Petty, Spargo and Schache. All in runners. Melky weighted and change of angles work. Salem has his individual program. White cap (no contact), Howes, Woewodin and Sparrow

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth.  The Demons went into the game against the St Kilda affiliated Zebras with the advantage of playing on their home turf (not that this has been a major asset in 2024) and with very little else going in their favour. The Saints have close to a full

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

… meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide. “What is football coming to?” I asked myself.  In front of my eyes, the Demons were smashing it through the midfield, forcing turnovers and getting the footy to their forwards who w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road for the fourth time this season as the travel to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday afternoon. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 262

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 27th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Saints in the Round 11. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a very wasteful first half of footy the Demons ended up cruising to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and ultimately reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 401
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 12

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 12 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 12

• Match Preview      

TROUBLE by The Oracle

This week’s round involves the first of the second group of byes in 2024 and added attention to the two teams fighting for ascendancy in the logjam of clubs in the race for one of the competition’s vital top four spots ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 30

• 2024 Midseason Draft  

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Midseason Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 29

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

The Demons head back on the road to Alice Springs to take on the Fremantle Dockers at Treager Park on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Training  

Tuesday, 28th May 2024

Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin returned to the training track to bring you the following observations from Gosch's Paddock this morning ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The boys dissected the clinical victory over the Saints lauding the Masterclass of Max Gawn & praising our defence ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 28

• Casey Report      

GALLANT by KC from Casey

The world “gallant” is not one that is readily acceptable to losing teams in our game of football so when it was used in the context of the Casey Demons’ loss to Sandringham in yesterday’s match at Casey Fields, it left a bitter taste in the mouth ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 28

• Match Report      

MEANWHILE by Whispering Jack

... meanwhile, at about the same time that Narrm was putting its feet on the accelerator to obliterate the long-suffering Euro-Yroke combination, I heard someone mention in passing that Kuwarna was leading Waalitj Marawar by a whopping 46 to 1 halfway through the second quarter of their game over in Adelaide ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 27

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

After a wasteful first half the Demons cruised to a clinical victory over the Saints by 38 points at the MCG and reclaimed a coveted spot in the Top 4 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the win against the Saints. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 26

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Next Match 

Round 12

vs   

Sunday 2nd June 2024
    @ 01:00pm (TP)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics