WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Too much. Let Dawes got to Footscray and let Collingwood settle for #21.

Pick 20 may seem overs because it is a 1st round pick but 2 years ago (pre franchise teams) if would have been a low 2nd round pick so from that perspective pick 20 seems fine.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

The Magpies are pushing Dawes out as Q Lynch came cheap and their salary cap is bursting at the seams.

Is this correct? Are the Pies replacing him with a cheaper version?

Why else would you opt for Q lynch over Dawes?

Surely Dawes is the better prospect?

Is his hand rooted?

Strange

lynch can ruck

dawes cant

that is what they wanted ruck/forward

we want big body forward =dawes

Collingwood are being Collingwood. Hardly surprising really.

Again, let me say: itll get done......eventually for whatever the Dees think reasonable

Rome wasnt built in a day and the Filth have tickets on themselves, nothing new here folks

lynch can ruck

dawes cant

that is what they wanted ruck/forward

It does seem a strange move by Collingwood. I would rate Lynch and Dawes on par as forwards but Q won't get any better at 29yo whereas Dawes should be entering his best 4 or 5 years. Lynch's ruck work isn't worth the difference

Its simply down to the Filth's estimation they are currently in a window. What they do in 2-3 seasons might be quite different as it will be for us :)

• Like 1

if Clark may not be fully fit for next year and Dawes will be our only key forward we may have no alternative but pay overs despite the question marks over his head. If Colingwood are thinking this way they will drive a hard bargain.

• Like 1

The waiting is killing me

Yep wholeheartedly agree, Just is as is!

Would rather trade up then move onto next "Deal"

For far too long no-one but no- one wanted to come to our club except for Clarke last year.

A premiership player who wants WANTS TO COME TO US ...

We need to swing on the dovetail of that deal and strike NOW!

Culture change starts with this bloke I feel!

Don't argue just do it!

if Clark may not be fully fit for next year and Dawes will be our only key forward we may have no alternative but pay overs despite the question marks over his head. If Colingwood are thinking this way they will drive a hard bargain.

Precognition negotiating hey? Screwing us on future needs. Like in that movie with Tom Cruise.

Seems a little far fetched. Cool idea though..

• Like 1

Typical of the bullying for which Collingwood is renowned and hated.We need Dawes so have to pay 'overs' to get him. Does it really matter if Petterd is included in the deal? Would he get a game with them on his performances this year? He played very few with us!Get it done. Give us a second big tall in the forward line.

Pick 20 may seem overs because it is a 1st round pick but 2 years ago (pre franchise teams) if would have been a low 2nd round pick so from that perspective pick 20 seems fine.

20 I'm fine with (well, not really but if that's what it takes...). I'm not fine with paying over that unless it's a player we're going to (or would like to and can't) delist, or a pick we know we're not going to use. Dawes just isn't that good for them to insist on more.

I don't know how the club views Petterd but if I was going to wield an axe there'd be plenty of other players getting the chop ahead of him.

• Like 1

Typical of the bullying for which Collingwood is renowned and hated.We need Dawes so have to pay 'overs' to get him. Does it really matter if Petterd is included in the deal? Would he get a game with them on his performances this year? He played very few with us!Get it done. Give us a second big tall in the forward line.

Stuff that. We don't need Dawes. There are other options available, possibly not as well credentialed in terms of having won a premiership, but I would suggest equally talented. We need to stand our ground and tell them if they aren't willing to be reasonable then we are happy to move on to other options.

The Magpies are pushing Dawes out as Q Lynch came cheap and their salary cap is bursting at the seams.

Is this correct? Are the Pies replacing him with a cheaper version?

Why else would you opt for Q lynch over Dawes?

Surely Dawes is the better prospect?

Is his hand rooted?

Strange

They overpaid for Cloke and his old man.

Something had to give.

20 I'm fine with (well, not really but if that's what it takes...). I'm not fine with paying over that unless it's a player we're going to (or would like to and can't) delist, or a pick we know we're not going to use. Dawes just isn't that good for them to insist on more.

I don't know how the club views Petterd but if I was going to wield an axe there'd be plenty of other players getting the chop ahead of him.

But of course it is not about "wielding the axe is it"; we need to be offering someone with market value otherwise I am happy to offer my rather paunchy 49 year old body up for trade instead of Ricky Bobby.

Hi Guys, for my first ever post I will pass on some inside information.

Chris Dawes has no long term medical issues. When injured, he is the most dedicated, determined and professional player in terms of his rehab and the way he deals with it. None of the injuries he has had in the past couple of years, (ankle, knee, hand) will stop him from being an excellent player in the future for Melbourne. Melbourne are well aware of this because the Melbourne Physio was previously a Collingwood Physio and approached the Collingwood Medical Team at the Draft Camp making enquiries about Dawes' injuries.

Around the club, Dawes is regarded as a true professional, intelligent, articulate, a strong leader and excellent role model for the younger players.

When quizzed by me, my source said he knew of no reason why Collingwood would want to trade him.

My source is high up within the Collingwood inner sanctum, a great bloke, and has never lied to me in the past.

He could only suppose that salary cap issues were the reason why Collingwood were happy to trade him. His info has always been spot on.

Hope this helps put the naysayers away. I would trade Pick 20 and Martin for Dawes in a heartbeat.

• Like 15

Hi Guys, for my first ever post I will pass on some inside information.

Chris Dawes has no long term medical issues. When injured, he is the most dedicated, determined and professional player in terms of his rehab and the way he deals with it. None of the injuries he has had in the past couple of years, (ankle, knee, hand) will stop him from being an excellent player in the future for Melbourne. Melbourne are well aware of this because the Melbourne Physio was previously a Collingwood Physio and approached the Collingwood Medical Team at the Draft Camp making enquiries about Dawes' injuries.

Around the club, Dawes is regarded as a true professional, intelligent, articulate, a strong leader and excellent role model for the younger players.

When quizzed by me, my source said he knew of no reason why Collingwood would want to trade him.

My source is high up within the Collingwood inner sanctum, a great bloke, and has never lied to me in the past.

He could only suppose that salary cap issues were the reason why Collingwood were happy to trade him. His info has always been spot on.

Hope this helps put the naysayers away. I would trade Pick 20 and Martin for Dawes in a heartbeat.

That will do for me count me in!

If Petterd kicks the winning goal against us on QB, I will have to do something reckless.

Petterd won't get a game for collingwood on QB. He Can barley get one with us, what hope does he have with a deep list like collingwoods?

I so sick hearing ppl on here saying that Dawes in not worth pick 20.

Who do you think where going to get with this pick in this years draft at pick 20?

The next big thing?

The next future brown Lowe Metelst?

I don't think so.

We need to use this pick on someone who our younger players can Learn off cause there's not meany players at melbourne who can teach them at the moment.

• Like 1

I so sick hearing ppl on here saying that Dawes in not worth pick 20.

Can you go through the thread and count up how many are for the proposed trade and how many are against it?

I think you'd find that most are in favour.