Mark Jamar

Jordie_tackles

Will give the team a lift BUT, we went into this game with near identical circumstances last year, on a high after beating the Bummers, this year the challenge is to back it up and not get blow away. GO DEES! The procession of signings begins

I expected Jamar to sign myself,you can tell he loves the club as he stated it earlier in the year he wanted to be a one club man.

He's a very hard to move ruckman is mark..not your athletic jeff white type but more a hold his ground & strong mark type.

Thanks for giving us some good news mark as its been a long year to date.

Now for the barcode lookalikes on monday!

This actually is a big statement.

All the crap about the senior players and the rift with Neeld being put out there, then Jamar goes and re-signs for 3 more years.

Big slap in the face to all those reporters suggesting things. It shows that the culture is growing down there this signature and that the senior guys are onboard

• Like 2

Never in doubt for mine. He said he wanted to remain a demon and sometimes you just have to take a player's word for it.

Well done MFC and well done Jamar. Definitely a required player and now we can all breath easy knowing our ruck department isn't going to become a problem for us.

3 years is perfect to "pass the baton" onto the next hopeful.

Go Dees :)

This actually is a big statement.

All the crap about the senior players and the rift with Neeld being put out there, then Jamar goes and re-signs for 3 more years.

Big slap in the face to all those reporters suggesting things. It shows that the culture is growing down there this signature and that the senior guys are onboard

Reporters are doing a fine job of late....getting most of it wrong....

How good does Robinson feel right now....such an arrogant tool he is..Him & moron whately on 360 go together well...

But back to JAMAR!!!! YESS! Now for a big game V the Pies where he just bowls over their rucks!

Great to hear!

Fair to say we have moved away from the '1 year deals' for those in their thirties...

He will be 32 when this expires. And that is fine, ruckmen's careers start later and, if all is well, finish later.

There was no doubt in my mind that he would stay a demon, maybe a touch surprised we gave him a three year deal but still very happy. Hopefully others will start to follow his example and ink some deals.

I agree. A new culture may finally be building. Whats that thing about Better clubs keeping players !

We might just be turning that corner at long last. Thanks for the vote of confidence there Russian :)

I was one who thought he might be expendable based on the number of rucks on our list and the fact that I thought his performance peaked in 2010 - however I am glad he has signed on for 3 and can hopefully see Gawn and/or Fitzpatrick take over the rucking mantle at that time.

Would assume his deal would also likely be heavily back ended so that when he is eligible for veterans status only half of his salary has to be in the cap.

Actually the veterans list rules have been changed - no longer is it half the salary of up to 3 or so players, now it is $100K per veteran taken outside the cap with no limit on how many veterans you can have.

Well done Rush! We need your mature body, experience and strong work ethic around the place for a while yet. 2-3 years should be just about right to hand over the mantle of number one ruckman to the next generation.

I expected Jamar to sign myself,you can tell he loves the club as he stated it earlier in the year he wanted to be a one club man.

He's a very hard to move ruckman is mark..not your athletic jeff white type but more a hold his ground & strong mark type.

Thanks for giving us some good news mark as its been a long year to date.

Now for the barcode lookalikes on monday!

Glad he's re-signed, but Jamar is not a strong mark. He rarely takes them.

• Like 1

Apparently he didnt think GWS facilities were good enough....... ^_^

either that or couldnt locate this weeks hidden location or care for some of the company they keep.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.