Crunch Time

Billy

Wait til you read Carros article in today’s Age. It seems us winning isn’t suiting the media’s death ride hopes for our season. Despite two magnificent road wins being celebrated, the media have focused on Kozzy and his light bump, Goodwin describing it as light, slandering Oliver further and how we are experiencing on and off field drama

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 2

15 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Wait til you read Carros article in today’s Age. It seems us winning isn’t suiting the media’s death ride hopes for our season. Despite two magnificent road wins being celebrated, the media have focused on Kozzy and his light bump, Goodwin describing it as light, slandering Oliver further and how we are experiencing on and off field drama

Like you said, us winning doesn't follow the narrative they want to run with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I thought it was meant to be a positive spread based on the OP of the other thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy said:

Can’t believe what I just heard Dermie say on crunch time (well l can actually) he basically said that Oliver took short steps with Darcy Forgerty on the lead Thursday night.

Just a bit more fuel on the fire to stick it up these outdated media [censored]

How much more credibility can this dinosaur lose.

To suggest that Clarries effort was soft especially with all the concussion concerns now & one of his best mates forced into retirement is embarrassingly pathetic 

You would see a harder ball player than Clarry 
Oh yeah and then Tom Morris said that Kozzies action was similar to Maynard’s against Gus!!

Why do you care what Dermott “I’m just a Stone Age dirtbag baby” Brereton says or thinks? He’s an [censored]. Why give him any airtime at all? I do admit I love it when the football media is against us. Why would I want those cretins pushing our barrow? I’m a lot saner since I stopped watching and listening to these so-called football experts about 4 years ago. The only thing I get worked up about now is game day - and that’s enough for me thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I am glad he didn’t initiate contact.

There could have been a clash of heads and Clarry would have been suspended for choosing to bump.

Take it to the bank.

Smart move imo.

Anyone questioning Clarry’s bravery is simply best ignored.

Exactly this. He goes in and gets suspended and he’s a thug. Just [censored] off media!

Clarry has overcome so much to play and is now playing with a busted hand. The only weak people around are these commentators. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Why do you care what Dermott “I’m just a Stone Age dirtbag baby” Brereton says or thinks? He’s an [censored]. Why give him any airtime at all? I do admit I love it when the football media is against us. Why would I want those cretins pushing our barrow? I’m a lot saner since I stopped watching and listening to these so-called football experts about 4 years ago. The only thing I get worked up about now is game day - and that’s enough for me thanks.

Fair enough, l just thought it was an interesting enough for a conversation 

Obviously not for you Neil

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Winners at last said:

He's a total di#khead.

Having said that, I did notice that too. But I think Clarry's actions were quite reasonable. Getting concussed is not a great option. I think that this will become more common ... it doesn't need the media to call it out. 

Tom McDonald called him out and said he had the spoil it thats why.

TMac apologised to Clarry straight after

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Billy said:

Can’t believe what I just heard Dermie say on crunch time (well l can actually) he basically said that Oliver took short steps with Darcy Forgerty on the lead Thursday night.

Just a bit more fuel on the fire to stick it up these outdated media [censored]

How much more credibility can this dinosaur lose.

To suggest that Clarries effort was soft especially with all the concussion concerns now & one of his best mates forced into retirement is embarrassingly pathetic 

You would see a harder ball player than Clarry 
Oh yeah and then Tom Morris said that Kozzies action was similar to Maynard’s against Gus!!

I can’t believe anyone listens to crunch time. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it’s best to save yourself, it’s only a ball game after all.

• Like 5

The photo of Clarry standing over a knocked out Gus in last year’s final, is all you need to show Dermie and the rest of the brain dead morons in the media 

• Like 3

Dermie is a [censored] stirrer of the 1st order, unlike BT and Brayshaw and a few others who are gooses all the time, he is capable of the occasional astute observation, but then can't help himself and has to be a clown. Could have been one of the best in commentary if he wanted.

Tom Morris lecturing about the Sydney Hicks story being tabloid and not worthy of reporting made me throw up in my mouth.

Would have been a train crash if Oliver had hit Fogarty, no percentage in it. Smart to pull up is not the same as short steps, same game Oliver marked it above his head knowing his ribs were open and took the contact, that is bravery.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

I thought he could have spoiled too, but he is up there with Jack Viney as one of our toughest players.

All the noise in the media regarding Kozzie, we know the AFL pick and choose what to suspend players for depending on who you are.

Best way to shut em up? Keep winning. Us v them mentality.

i thought he could have too.

but it would have involved him trying to punch the ball with his injured hand at the same time as being collected by big fogarty. it wouldn't have been pretty and he could have really messed up his bad hand (at least).

if it was final i'm sure he would have.  as it was i was relieved, can't afford to lose him at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

It may not be popular but he definitely shirked contact. Not saying he is soft but Fogarty is a few kegs short of a dump truck and there’s not many in the AFL that would have taken that hit.

G t G I would never ever say Shirked in reference to Clayton Oliver,  I would use Avoided a severe collision.!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

That's Just pure stupidity.

As for Oliver perhaps the fact he's playing with one hand is a sign of his toughness.

No, being tough is standing on a former teammate’s head, while he is defenceless lying on the ground. The 8 weeks he got for that disgusting act was not nearly enough.

Dermie always has far too much to say and has verbal diarrhea.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluey said:

Sometimes it’s best to save yourself, it’s only a ball game after all.

Exactly

If Derm's intellect is an example of a player who never took a backward step, then I'm perfectly OK if Clarry pulls short of a contest where theres a high chance he's either suspended or knocked out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANG13 said:

I can’t believe anyone listens to crunch time. 

Didn't know it existed until now. Surprised it gets any attention, though this smacks of clickbait desperation

• Like 1

Derm was a great player - one of the greatest big game players of all time 35 years ago.  He is largely irrelevant  in 2024.  I loved watching him play then, and hate hearing him speak now.  He isn't always wrong, but the gap between fact and opinion is getting bigger with each passing year.

• Like 2

Pretty sure it was Richo that commented on this at the time, he saw Oliver looking at Fogarty before going into the contest and I think he said something like ‘Oliver knew his eyes came off the ball and toward the player, so if something happened, he would be responsible’

Richo pretty much said this was a new response because of concussion and also once you take your eyes off the ball and towards a player, you’re almost no longer ‘going for the ball’.

I’m going off memory but this was the gist.

• Like 5