• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Maynard left the Ground after the ball had passed. 
it was premeditated and executed 

First minute of the game 

Lest We Forget 

Not just premeditated. I have always wondered if it was a direct order from the coach. Has anyone ever asked the holier-than-thou McRae what his instructions to Maynard were before that fateful match? We had a birds eye view of the incident from Level 4 and it sure looked like to us that Maynard lined up Gus from 30m out. Still livid (and extremely sad and upset for Gus) over the whole incident.

It was written in the stars that a Dees player would then get suspended under the new rule. The irony

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1

Nothing will ever make up for the injustice that Gus and our club was served over the Maynard incident.

Kosi deserves a week in the current climate and it takes nothing away from the rage that still burns inside all of us for Maynard, Collingwood and the AFL. 

Kosi has missed too many games for too many poor choices. He is a match winner and his absence from games is incredibly costly. I hope he learns and I hope he doesn’t ever have to meet the MRO again. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I honestly do not understand how highly paid highly educated decision makers are so out of touch whether it be in civil or sporting cases. There is no sense. It galls me that grubby [censored] from Collingwood is a premiership player. I don’t understand how Kossie and Fogarty have the same penalty and going by the AFL’s reasoning how Toby Greene wasn’t even looked at. Mac Andrews head hitting the ground registered as a bounce stat for [censored] sake. The system is beyond broken. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

I accept the Kozzie suspension, but not Toby Greene smashing a player’s head into the ground, after he got rid of the ball and no penalty at all.

Which had more potential to cause an injury?

System is f…ed.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

The inconsistencies from the AFL does my head in. Making rules up as they occur (ie Maynard) makes me hate and no longer watch games other than my beloved Dees. This game is umpired inconsistently, adjudicated inconsistently and we as supporters are powerless. The clubs are powerless to speak up……

I get the upheld decision, but I can NEVER accept how Maynard, Barry Hall and too many other cases allowing players to play the following week. This institution is corrupt and inconsistent. 

Why does the club continue with Adrian Anderson

Eeek. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, IRW said:

I watch him play. 

I don't know whether he makes his bed or washes the dishes at home.

He regularly jumps at impossible marks rather than being waiting at the bottom of the pack. 

He jumps into body contact " tackles" when apparently Maynard should be in jail. 

Choose your own adjective.

I see" playing on the edge"s the go to club talk ," he's still "working on it" apparently".

Thanks for your  interest 

Lets get you over and done with first. Condescending doesn't become you, and i will not engage in that.

Presumably you are in the know about how he is to play?

So the premise of the rest of your writings is null and void.

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

they know any head contact will automatically be medium

so giving this a crack. [censored] all chance but

Except if it is Kossi"s head.

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Said it elsewhere - there should be some internal punishment too

You would have been a shunned prefect at my school.

2 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

This was always going to be the result. 

It’s not unreasonable. It‘s not a conspiracy theory. It’s not because he’s not a Carlton or Collingwood player. 

It’s what the MRO guidelines require and it’s part of the AFL’s increasing focus on concussion. 

We just need to move on, as a club (ie preparing for Thursday) and a supporter base. 

It is the inconsistency that pi5535 so many of us off. 
Greene not even cited, because had he been it would be worth4+, and the other guy (can’t remember who) who got the same penalty for a much more serious hit. 
It is no wonder that there are conspiracy theorists about, and that there are some who suggest that the AFL is a corrupt organisation.   Incompetent and inept are perhaps better descriptions. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

The inconsistencies from the AFL does my head in. Making rules up as they occur (ie Maynard) makes me hate and no longer watch games other than my beloved Dees.

Unless I'm somewhere I can't avoid it, I haven't watched a non Demon game for 7 or 8 years. The game is far too inconsistent and, quite frankly, bizarre, for me to try to make sense of anything that isn't a labour of love.

If there was no MFC I'd easily find other things to do with my winter weekends. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

36 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Greene not even cited, because had he been it would be worth4+, and the other guy (can’t remember who) who got the same penalty for a much more serious hit. 
It is no wonder that there are conspiracy theorists about, and that there are some who suggest that the AFL is a corrupt organisation.   Incompetent and inept are perhaps better descriptions. 

But it can't be just incompetence. These people play favourites way too often for it to be considered just inept.

Something continually stinks when the stars and the big clubs wriggle out of charges or don't get charged at all.

Playing favourites is basically corruption.

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

How many more inexplicable outcomes that seem to favour certain players and clubs (aka Greene, anything Collingwood, Maynard gets off and wins a flag, Cripps gets off & wins brownlow and the Blues in general vs others that aren't in favour in the eyes of the AFL at any particular time) do ppl need to witness before they come to the former conclusion.

Noting the AFL's media unit described the Greene tackle as "tough", whereas others doing similar tackles (or even less dangerous ones who aren't on the AFL's protected list) are described as "dangerous".

Most of the media, uncluding the AFL, described the Maynard wrecking ball incident as "an unfortunate football act" or that "he had no other choice" or "it was a split second decision he had no time to react" blah blah blah.  Yet virtually no one in the generally AFL aligned media says anything to that effect re Kozzy's attempt to smother.

The excuses are always variable and any counter arguments (at the tribunal, by HQ reps) trawled out very intentional but change like the wind in order to suit the AFL concocted narrative per their agenda and preferred outcomes depending on player, club or timing (finals, GF vs standard H&A).

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 6
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

I look forward to all the reasonings next time around when it’s one of the afl’s favourites they need to get out of a minor bump.. 

Sounds like a pretty average performance from Anderson but the lawyering up front is only part of the process, other key pieces include “how will this make the AFL look in the media?” and “how will this affect the class action lawsuits down the track?” 

Don't worry it won't be reportable, so no need for the banana republic courtroom of the MRO to get their hands dirty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTR said:

For those not following...
Lisa Hannon (AFL): The act of jumping to smother ... carried not only the inherent risk of head high contact, but real potential to cause injury.

Hannon (AFL) says a combination of force, body positioning of Pickett at moment of impact and genuine potential to cause injury should see this graded 'medium' impact.

Is it just me, or does that mean the AFL is a totally irony-free zone? Or just proof that they don't get it at all, and make up whatever [censored] suits them ona case by case basis? If Gus Brayshaw or anyone related to him saw the above, I don't think the reaction would be pretty ..

• Clap 1

2 hours ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

I honestly do not understand how highly paid highly educated decision makers are so out of touch whether it be in civil or sporting cases. There is no sense. It galls me that grubby [censored] from Collingwood is a premiership player. I don’t understand how Kossie and Fogarty have the same penalty and going by the AFL’s reasoning how Toby Greene wasn’t even looked at. Mac Andrews head hitting the ground registered as a bounce stat for [censored] sake. The system is beyond broken. 

Our only hope is a class action against the AFL in a few years by all the players that feel let down by this crook of a system.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

I presume you have a reason for knowing that he is undisciplined?

If you can’t see some undisciplined play by Kossie then you have no reason asking others whether Kossie is. 

Any reasonable supporter can see now that his tackling is a major problem, 3 times in 30 games spells that out clearly.

Your statement that we are not able to judge that because we don’t know if he has actually breached team rules because we aren’t sure if his actions are against rules as outlined by Goody. 

Snd he has surely shown with his continuous unrealistic MOTY or MOTC absolutely unsuccessful attempts an undoubted disregard of any team or football rules . 

The  mantra of discipline is would it be ok for all of our small players to engage in the same practices. No surely not.

They are towing the line crumbing usually and providing good service to the team.

Let me say that Kossie  is able to generally have a very small licence to thrill and Thsts what makes him a 40 goals plus player.

He is one of our best players BUT if he cuts out the above mentioned consistent faults he will elevate himself to an A grader and undoubted consistent match winner for us.

His gsm in the Semi vs Carlton is a classic example of this. Kicked goals as the cameo FF but got penalised as he spoilt his work with wrongful acts and let the team down. 

One could go so far as to say he lost us the game.in his fifth year of footy it’s about time he and the coaches had a very serious talk about what an AFL player is expected to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Lets get you over and done with first. Condescending doesn't become you, and i will not engage in that.

Presumably you are in the know about how he is to play?

So the premise of the rest of your writings is null and void.

I know he's been rubbed out three times .

That's enough to form an reasoned opinion

• Like 1

It's a week,  I think the Dees would be fine with this one.

The hard tackles and bumps are what they wouldn't like, as they can only end one way.  This was a reflex move that is now illegal, this is almost the exact same position Kossie was in last year with B. Smith and he shoulder charged instead.  So he has made a change, we don't won't him to lose his edge, we want players to fear him and wonder were he is in the fwd line and shank a kick or bomb down the line to Max under "Perceived Pressure".

• Like 2

So f###ing angry at this suspension.

Look at it in real time and it's nothing like the Maynard thug thing.  He converges from the side and glances him. The action never had the same potential to do injury as Maynard did, because he wasn't charging straight at him from the polar opposite direction.  Our defence was totally valid, he never lined him up, didnt elect to bump the player, the time he has his arm tucked in for a split second and flys across the front of him, barely brushing him.

It was low impact and wasn't a bump - please change the thread title accordingly to "Kossy glance on Soligo". 

From the reporting I've heard of it, the contemptuous way the AFL tribunal dismissed our case against is a disgrace.  I bring back the example of Chol from a few weeks back where a 6'10" 95kg giant planted his knee with the monentuum and full weight of his body, right into the back of his opponents head at the point where the spine meets the scull, which is apparently ok, because it wasn't a 'bump'.  These people are a joke and I'm sick of our team and our players being their play things and scape goats.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

...I'll add that Fox Footy's reporting on this incident has been as disgraceful as the tribunal's handling of it.  They have been gunning for Kossie to be suspended from the start and the suckers at the AFL have been more than happy to play along.

Just look at the below sensationalist headline for a recent example:

‘I’m scared of training with him’; Demons superstar defends Pickett after another ban

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/melbourne-demons/im-scared-of-training-with-him-demons-superstar-defends-pickett-after-another-ban/news-story/b26f75a9c6d0204e9117ce44627119f9

Pretty clear from reading that Trac is scared of getting caught from the awsome chasing and tackling defensive pressure that Kossie applies rather than being physically scared for his wellbeing.

• Like 3
  • Angry 2

7 hours ago, 58er said:

One could go so far as to say he lost us the game.in his fifth year of footy it’s about time he and the coaches had a very serious talk about what an AFL player is expected to do. 

One would be talking out their rear end then. 2 goals, 3 goal assists, 11 score involvements and you reckon he lost us that game by bumping Cripps? Laughable. 

Finished 7th in the B&F, coaches must hate him. 

Clearly the Afls are now drawing a line in the sand regarding head high contact.

It's a joke they didn't do it last year. 

Their inconsistent decisions make them look like clowns.

• Like 1