NON-MFC: Round 03

3 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Outside of Cripps, who else is A-grade? They’ll need several of Acres, Newman, Cerra, Hewett to step up when the whips are cracking at the business end to salute.

Walsh is most definitely A-Grade and arguably Cerra is knocking at that door now too.

So Adelaide are 0-3 and have us (home) and Carlton (away) as their next two. 0-5 is not exactly far-fetched. They just re-signed Nicks, too.

We'll see if Fremantle are truly the real deal in the next fortnight, with Carlton and then Port (away).

17 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

For those that watch more footy than me, what’s happened with the Crows? 
Dont think I could name one of their defenders.

Invested heavily in the front half. It’s won out the middle - weak af in that department.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedLegs23 said:

Invested heavily in the front half. It’s won out the middle - weak af in that department.

They think investing millions in Petty will help them. Might wanna get a midfield first. 

1 minute ago, RedLegs23 said:

Doesn't help when your main ball carrier (Dawson) is going at 48 percent disposal efficiency! No one can carry the ball for the Crows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Where does “crom” come from? 

It was originally a typo by an overly-excited Adelaide fan on a forum maaaaany years ago. The mocking snowballed and was helped along by Conan the Barbarian's deity being Crom.

At seven goals a game, not sure too many Crom fans will be getting too excited just at the moment. Will be interesting to see how the showdown goes between Port's leaky defence and Crom's inability to score.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

They think investing millions in Petty will help them. Might wanna get a midfield first. 

Absolutely, Jaded.

58 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Doesn't help when your main ball carrier (Dawson) is going at 48 percent disposal efficiency! No one can carry the ball for the Crows.

& he’s their best user of the pill

6 hours ago, brendan said:

Vegas hangover: Furious partners saw Lions wild holiday antics

looks like @goodwindees was on the money once again on the going’s on at Brisbane he mentioned this couple weeks back from memory 

Sorry The Hangover GIF

• Haha 2

looks like @goodwindees was on the money once again on the going’s on at Brisbane he mentioned this couple weeks back from memory 

Country Roads hey?

8 hours ago, RedLegs23 said:

They need to get rid of Crouch. Gets a lot of it, but doesn’t play to their strategy and always puts the ball into a worse position. Cannibalising Dawson who is a much better user.

Been an enormous distraction to the Lions, at last count about 6 couples have separated at least temporarily.  I know a couple of guys that have been betting big against the Lions and getting juicy odds, particularly for their Gabba losses.

Once again it’s hard to imagine how this story hasn’t broken long before this with all the guys covering the game  

Mrs Cameron is not popular.  

• Like 1
  • Shocked 3

What’s the story please? As I can’t unlock it.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

For those that watch more footy than me, what’s happened with the Crows? 

Dont think I could name one of their defenders.

They only one I knew was Doedee (partly because of the unusual name) who they lost to Brisbane last year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

What’s the story please? As I can’t unlock it.

Thanks

The Herald Sun article is about the alleged fallout from an end of year trip by the team from Brizvegas to Vegas the city. It contains a hell of a lot of innuendo and very little fact about messages that have leaked out of the team’s WhatsApp group with the suggestion that the boys might have played up a little.

Bottom line is the opening paragraph of the article by Sam Landsberger:

”Brisbane Lions have denied a split in their playing ranks despite holding a crisis meeting as the club deals with ongoing fallout from an end-of-season Las Vegas trip.”

In other words, they’re saying that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

So, it appears that three games into the third or fourth round of the season, Melbourne might not be the only club that has deep seated cultural issues (don’t panic, I’m being facetious). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The place where they should be holding a crisis meeting in the Adelaide Football Club. They were putrid after quarter time and it looks like they’ve lost both Milera and Murphy to knee injuries, Walker looks unfit and Pedlar who they had high hopes for, was very disappointing. There’s something very wrong out there and I suggest [censored] from the Sun should send out his best attack dogs this week to suss out their culture.

• Like 3

Just now, Mister Ed said:

There’s something very wrong out there and I suggest [censored] from the Sun should send out his best attack dogs this week to suss out their culture.

I can’t believe that Robbo’s nickname connoting that he’s a slob is banned on this site. 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mister Ed said:

The place where they should be holding a crisis meeting in the Adelaide Football Club. They were putrid after quarter time and it looks like they’ve lost both Milera and Murphy to knee injuries, Walker looks unfit and Pedlar who they had high hopes for, was very disappointing. There’s something very wrong out there and I suggest [censored] from the Sun should send out his best attack dogs this week to suss out their culture.

May it continue into Thursday night.

• Like 1