• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The 2023 Draft and Trade Targets Thread

Whispering_Jack

Left field idea. I just realised John Noble has been left out again. He must be gutted to essentially play every game in the season and then left out in finals. 

Get in the kids head and give him a spot in our wing or HB line. Great speed, great endurance and is a solid kick. Upgrade on multiple players. 

Definitely a long shot but worth a question. 

Edited by Gawndy the Great
  • Like 2

The line in the sand has been drawn. This will be the most important trade and draft period in this football club's history.

Yesterday should have burned in the guts of this club to a crisp, we have been smacked across the face with a big fish and totally shown up. Don't bother arguing or protesting with this because you will lose. We need to put our chips to the middle of the table and make a stand, list wise, game plan wise and attitude wise.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

What has happened to Jack Billings? He has only played 11 games in 2 years. I remember how good he was back in 2019 and 2020. His figures back then stack up with any elite midfielder of today, including Nick Daicos. Injuries obviously have played a part. Is he over them? He is out of contract and looking for a new home. He is a smart footballer with good disposal skills and he is not soft. He would not be expensive and would add depth to our midfield. The question is - is he over his injuries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, djr said:

What has happened to Jack Billings? He has only played 11 games in 2 years. I remember how good he was back in 2019 and 2020. His figures back then stack up with any elite midfielder of today, including Nick Daicos. Injuries obviously have played a part. Is he over them? He is out of contract and looking for a new home. He is a smart footballer with good disposal skills and he is not soft. He would not be expensive and would add depth to our midfield. The question is - is he over his injuries.

Worth a look but he'd need some arms/coaching wrapped around him imo. That club has completely shattered his confidence, has looked a shell for a little while now  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, layzie said:

This will be the most important trade and draft period in this football club's history.

Disagree.

I don't want us chasing anyone who is not best 25 on our list atm, or capable of getting there, except a backup ruckman.

The days of getting anyone are gone for us, as we have a pretty good list, that just needs a little specific improvement.

• Like 5

I hope we're also looking at trading/drafting some new psychologists to get our guys' heads right in big games. 

I know I'll be torched by some, but torch away. Truth is, we've gone out 2 x straight sets and the last 2 in particular were embarrassing wastes. Yes we had injuries (like other teams), but the horrible misses tell me we either genuinely can't kick for goal (which I don't believe), or we crumble under the pressure of the MCG cauldron - which is understandable. It's a lot. It's loud and intense. But we're not inexperienced. We're recent premiers with nearly the whole team still there. The Pies did not wilt, they kicked the goals they needed to, when they needed to. An interesting stat - would love to see if the Pies' total winning margins is the lowest ever for a premier - 7pts, 1 pt and 4pts. Shows how close everything it, but also, in line with my comment, shows that they handled the pressure.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I hope we're looking for a mental edge and obviously a new forward coach, as we do actually need help there, as well. Can't hurt to increase the goal efficiency/accuracy. I know this is also impacted by sloppy kicks in the midfield. Something Yze's replacement should address. Quickly. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, biggestred said:

Rumour is that weve been speaking pretty heavily with Tew Jiath (CJs brother)

Would be happy to get Jiath in with a second rounder. Would give us some real speed out of defence, pretty good kick as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

I hope we're also looking at trading/drafting some new psychologists to get our guys' heads right in big games. 

I know I'll be torched by some, but torch away. Truth is, we've gone out 2 x straight sets and the last 2 in particular were embarrassing wastes. Yes we had injuries (like other teams), but the horrible misses tell me we either genuinely can't kick for goal (which I don't believe), or we crumble under the pressure of the MCG cauldron - which is understandable. It's a lot. It's loud and intense. But we're not inexperienced. We're recent premiers with nearly the whole team still there. The Pies did not wilt, they kicked the goals they needed to, when they needed to. An interesting stat - would love to see if the Pies' total winning margins is the lowest ever for a premier - 7pts, 1 pt and 4pts. Shows how close everything it, but also, in line with my comment, shows that they handled the pressure.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I hope we're looking for a mental edge and obviously a new forward coach, as we do actually need help there, as well. Can't hurt to increase the goal efficiency/accuracy. I know this is also impacted by sloppy kicks in the midfield. Something Yze's replacement should address. Quickly. 

Interestingly, Collingwood’s head psych/wellness employee sits on the bench for their games. They take it very seriously

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, biggestred said:

Rumour is that weve been speaking pretty heavily with Tew Jiath (CJs brother)

Nice.. big fan of this kid and play very similar to his brother. Would give us some speed, class and kicking skills off half back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

West Coast picked up Mitchell from Hawthorn , Brisbane pick up Hodge , Collingwood and the Hawks pick up T.Mitchell all with a great deal of success.What I am saying we need to pick up an experience mid near the end of his career, one person comes to mind is Matt Couch from Adelaide . We also need a young quality mid plus others . We need to look at Bobby Hill's performance , I wonder why Kossie isn't more deadly ( more subdued ) perhaps playing him as a midfielder is not his forte.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

@Engorged Onion, would you mind putting your hand up for one of our psych positions at the MFC? Then we can get early tidbits in these threads. 😜

Hee hee... once upon a time :) and with another club.

😵**don't know that I could be objective enough to work with the team that I love.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Love 3

On 9/30/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gawndy the Great said:

Left field idea. I just realised John Noble has been left out again. He must be gutted to essentially play every game in the season and then left out in finals. 

Get in the kids head and give him a spot in our wing or HB line. Great speed, great endurance and is a solid kick. Upgrade on multiple players. 

Definitely a long shot but worth a question. 

Known turnover merchant. Would’ve thought that’s the type we are trying to actively avoid this trade period?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

(like other teams),

Not really...McStay was probably the only C/Wooder to miss.

Brisbane were pretty complete, the other top 4 team in Port had injury problems and shared the same fate as us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, COOLX said:

West Coast picked up Mitchell from Hawthorn , Brisbane pick up Hodge , Collingwood and the Hawks pick up T.Mitchell all with a great deal of success.What I am saying we need to pick up an experience mid near the end of his career, one person comes to mind is Matt Couch from Adelaide . We also need a young quality mid plus others . We need to look at Bobby Hill's performance , I wonder why Kossie isn't more deadly ( more subdued ) perhaps playing him as a midfielder is not his forte.

I don't agree. We picked up Jordan Lewis when we needed experience. We have an experienced midfleld. They just need to shift their thinking from the rinse and repeat dump kick into the forward line. The players have options but generally don't look for them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rjay said:

Not really...McStay was probably the only C/Wooder to miss.

Brisbane were pretty complete, the other top 4 team in Port had injury problems and shared the same fate as us.

I just thought I would help you with your first sentence:

Not really...McStay was probably the only piece of filth to miss.

Glad I could help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:46 AM, Bozo said:

The hard truth is that we must consider putting Oliver up for trade. We need a mini rebuild and as his absence this year has proved, in one real sense, he is surplus or more to the point an abundance of a certain type of power player. He is obviously valuable and we need to fill numerous holes in our list. What is his value? It’s clear that the team lacks balance and Clarry regularly picking up 30+ mostly meaningless possessions isn’t helping our cause. We need a fair dinkum A grade forward. We need replacements for Gawn and May, Brown and Tom Mac. ANB isn’t getting any younger and expect a drop off in a couple of years. Now is the time to make difficult decisions whilst our assets have real currency.

Yeah okay we might have a few holes to fill not dig up the entire foundation and start again…wat the actual f r you even saying 

• Clap 1

On 9/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, Colm said:

Cal all but confirmed on Gettable that North will get pick 3 as compo,  pick 11 and future end of first pick as a hand out. 

Won’t get access to Sanders

On 9/20/2023 at 3:56 PM, Mach5 said:

Don’t reckon he’d actually know.

On 9/20/2023 at 4:32 PM, old55 said:

Yeah, he guesses the first dozen draft picks in order each yeah, very good guesser old Cal.

“Given he’s probably getting his info from the people making the decision I’d be surprised if he’s wrong.”

On 9/20/2023 at 7:03 PM, Mach5 said:

Again, I doubt that is actually the case.

It will be interesting to see...

Edited by Mach5
  • Like 1

Poor old Taylor Adams

Who remembers 2017 when he said Lynden Dunn hadn't been part of a successful club?

I guess Taylor has now been part of a "successful club". He just played no part in their ultimate success.

Good luck at the Swans bozo

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Poor old Taylor Adams

Who remembers 2017 when he said Lynden Dunn hadn't been part of a successful club?

I guess Taylor has now been part of a "successful club". He just played no part in their ultimate success.

Good luck at the Swans bozo

How many premierships has he won? Oh that’s right 🍩. No wonder he was crying.

• Like 2