• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Max Gawn's 200th

dees189227

This crept up on us. I hope he gets the kudos that he deserves and a bit of media coverage.

His 200th match this week and richly deserved with the injuries he had to overcome early on in his career. a premiership captain, All Australian and B&f winner and most importantly a good bloke. 

Well done skipper and  I hope we get the win. 

Here's some merchandise from the club email to celebrate it. https://shop.melbournefc.com.au/gawn-200/?spMailingID=9824151&spUserID=Mjg4NTYxMzIyNzkzS0&spJobID=1800275706&spReportId=MTgwMDI3NTcwNgS2

Oh and it's Alex Neal-Bullens 150th to. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1

A literal giant of the game. 
The best ruckman of the last decade and one of the all time greats.

A brilliant captain, a brilliant club person and someone you are really proud to call your own. 
Everyone loves big Max and he’s given us 200 bloody brilliant games. From the hilarious to the downright insane. Kicking goals to win is a minor premiership, kicking goals to get us into a grand final, and holding that cup after 57 long years. 

Well done on 200 heart and soul games.

Jimmy knew you were special and you’ve shown us all why! Here is to more AA jackets, more giant babies and most importantly more premiership medallions!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

A literal giant of the game. 
The best ruckman of the last decade and one of the all time greats.

A brilliant captain, a brilliant club person and someone you are really proud to call your own. 
Everyone loves big Max and he’s given us 200 bloody brilliant games. From the hilarious to the downright insane. Kicking goals to win is a minor premiership, kicking goals to get us into a grand final, and holding that cup after 57 long years. 

Well done on 200 heart and soul games.

Jimmy knew you were special and you’ve shown us all why! Here is to more AA jackets, more giant babies and most importantly more premiership medallions!

I personally think Max needs to have like… 22 giant babies. 

Also congrats to Maxy and Nibbler!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

more giant babies

Young George Gawn is not quite two years old but is reportedly already taller than Charlie Spargo.

Demon fans should also be rapt than George's middle name is ... Oliver!  (Nickname GOG?)

Edited by Demonstone
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Clap 2

Who woulda thought 10 years ago he’d be a Premiership Captain and 6 time All Australian - let alone making it to 200 games!

Let’s celebrate it with a win this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

And I also think Max will be another Goldstein and play for another 5 years. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

From where he's come from, playing for a team at rock bottom with 3 knee reco's and being busted smoking a dart on the way to training, to taking being a Premiership captain and recognised as once of the best players in the league playing his 200 game this weekend on the eve of another finals campaign. Well done Maxy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations Max Gawn what an absolute champion player and person, we can’t wait to see you run out on Sunday for your 200th Game leading our mighty Demons.❤️💙💕

• Like 2
  • Love 1

An absolute Champions for the ages.

God bless you El Capitano, you've always done it your way and continue to do so.

200 awe inspiring games for our famous football club lead us to the promise land once again big fella.

Keep sprinkling your magic dust on our club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread should attract more individual posters than any other, ever.

I was there the day the gangly lump kicked 4(?) at Casey. I attach myself to all the foregoing about Max and, I suspect, to all that will follow here!

• Love 2

I remember that mark he took in the goal square in the wet against essendon in 2012. The bench was so excited for him.

then his breakout game against the cats.

and when Roos gave him $50 for being the best trainer one session. 

he’s come a long way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Demonstone said:

Young George Gawn is not quite two years old but is reportedly already taller than Charlie Spargo.

Demon fans should also be rapt than George's middle name is ... Oliver!  (Nickname GOG?)

Now Max just needs another baby boy to be a KPF, George will get the Ruckman gig.

• Like 1

who would have thought when he was 23yo with 20 games to his name, and two knee recos this could happen. you literally would not have believed he could play 200 games and be AA regular and premiership captain. 

Bog and kicking 2 goals to get to 100 goals would satisfy me

So proud of you Maxy!! you have given us a team to be proud of. you’ve developed into a gentleman and leader. 

• Like 6

I totally love this that you can get in footy - the improbable, and off-the-show best ever.  Robbie Flower.  Liam Jurrah.  Max Gawn.  

Football has this capacity for amazing us.  I don't know if other clubs have this, but following Melbourne is full of stuff that stretches the tiny imagination and lifts us right out of ourselves and our plod.  i love it.  The fact of Max makes everything about life better, he's a total legend. His marking, his outrageous goals, his never getting upset by the un-umpired abuse he has to take week in week out - all because he's just too good for the opposition.. His genial unstoppable personality. He is the continuation of everything Jimmy Stynes was for our club.  He makes us smile and laugh, and be overwhelmingly proud of our club.

Explaining to the grandchildren what Max was like will be as impossible as describing what was so special about Robbie Flower, for those who never saw him. 

We are so blessed! We love you, Max!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

In 50 years

Clayton has been the best 

Viney has been the toughest

Robbie the most courageous and skilfull

Petracca the most powerful

But no one has come near Max for having the biggest impact on the club.  To play and lead as he has done is the single greatest football story in the clubs history. A full culture change in an 18 team comp culminating in a 57 year drought breaking flag and then to maintain the standard is by far the biggest mountain we have climbed.

Thanks Max!

• Like 6
  • Love 3