GAMEDAY: Rd 22 vs Carlton

Demonland

15 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Seriously?

You would go to a footy match you weren’t going to, because the Matilda’s are on the  big screen, when they are on free to air TV. 

Don’t think so.

Some people might come to MCG who otherwise would have stayed home to watch the soccer.  Doubt it's a big factor though.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Seriously?

You would go to a footy match you weren’t going to, because the Matilda’s are on the  big screen, when they are on free to air TV. 

Don’t think so.

No.

But if I was on the fence about going to the footy (which I'm not), a game which is on free to air TV too, and didn't want to miss the matildas game i might decide to stay home and watch both back to back on 7.

With it on the big screen at the footy, I might think, hey that's cool I'll go watch it at th g and then watch the dees.

Which is exactly what I'm doing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, sue said:

Some people might come to MCG who otherwise would have stayed home to watch the soccer.  Doubt it's a big factor though.

Agree on that.

In fact I'm guessing, that with the weather, the matilda game might cost the blues 15k fans.

Plenty of fans, particularly anyone who hasn't bought a reserved seat will just stay home and watch item back to back in the comfort of their lounge room.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Time for the Dees to serve up a Lasagna Petracca with an Oliver on top for 70K tonight !

We will get the job done over these pretenders. Any talk about a Blues Flag will be sent down the Rivers...

We May have a slow start but will pull the Lever after HT and Van Ruin the Blues day !

Half way through the last, their fans will be Gawn.

Dees by 23

So a Good Win hey Wadda. 
Ok…I’m outta here, see ya all at the footy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, binman said:

Agree on that.

In fact I'm guessing, that with the weather, the matilda game might cost the blues 15k fans.

Plenty of fans, particularly anyone who hasn't bought a reserved seat will just stay home and watch item back to back in the comfort of their lounge room.

It'll get the bums on seats. Like Mick Foley winning the title in the Monday night wars.

Edited by layzie
  • Love 1

I’ve enjoyed the fact that we’ve largely been flying under the radar despite the fact we’re 2nd on the ladder. After we take the choccies tonight the spotlight will well and truly be on. Games like this are a great tune up for finals, bring it on.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, binman said:

Agree on that.

Lol.. more chance it's the 15k Dees fans not turning up, not blues. They actually turn up to games.

Blues fans actually/will turn up knowing full there's a chance to knock off another top 4 contender and put themselves in premiership contention. 

• Like 1

Tonight's game will be a cracker - can't wait but also nervous. 

Pros

• Gawn and Grundy will dominate tonight's game.
  • Apart from Cripps their midfield is tepid
  • I am hoping Kozzie tears the game apart - they have no-one who can go with him.

Concerns

• Curnow. May has been far below his best for a while now. 
  • Weitering will blanket JVR (no way do they risk playing him on Grundy)
  • Cripps

Opportunities

• Viney will love 2 teams going head-to-head over a contested game and will be BOG. 
  • Oliver is back. The best Dees player I have seen and I can't take my eyes f him when he plays. 

Go Dees - by 16 points
  • Like 8

Dees to step up a gear 

Melbourne by 30/40

Grundy kicks 3

Clarry ....."I'm Back !!!! " 

The muffled cry around town after the siren... from other coaches.. "[censored]" !!

Blues have had a good run.....until now.

They'll come at us...  let them. They aren't  us.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Weather update?? 
Every app is saying something different. 

i think it’s pretty clear there will be rain but also it will be dry 

🙄

• Haha 4

I shall be watching today's game at Fitzgerald's Sports Bar in Nana in the company of defrocked and disgraced Demonlander SWYL. 

We shall get outrageously drunk while celebrating both Clarrie's return and giving the blue baggers ( who, according to some local supporters, are apparently 2023 premiers) a dose of reality.

PS. A cultural observation. A lot of the sheilas around here have very husky voices - something in the spicy food, I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Min Xie said:

We’ll beat Carlton. 

We’ll apply even more pressure on Carlton than we did on Collinwood in Rd13.  

ANB is on the rise… It looks like he’s in great shape and has a lot of energy. He might have an opportunity to shine in this year's final series.

Go Dees!

Agree with you MX. I also thin that the Melk will rise again, against the Blue Baggers, becoming mobile again looking for space and trick shot opportunities. It is his greatest, sunsetting career chance prior to finals (and a berth therein) so Kozzie and Chandler need to action some feeding to him to keep the scoreboard ticking over. I'd reckon (not overly optimistically) that we will knock the Carlscum man-for-man and teamwise across the board by at least 20 points.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DubDee said:

i think it’s pretty clear there will be rain but also it will be dry 

🙄

... and we'll get some more, if it keeps up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Lol.. more chance it's the 15k Dees fans not turning up, not blues. They actually turn up to games.

Blues fans actually/will turn up knowing full there's a chance to knock off another top 4 contender and put themselves in premiership contention. 

I didn't mean 15k dees fans wouldn't turn up.

I meant they are the home team, and get the gate receipts.

And I'm guessing the crowd will be up to 15k less than it might otherwise been if not for the maltidas game.

Hence my comment the matilda game might cost the blues 15k fans.

As in literally cost them in terms of reduced revenue.

Do dees fans turn up?

Well i do.

I know you live in the country dazzler, so it's a top effort by you to regularly get to games.

At least that's my assumption, otherwise surely you wouldn't be knocking dees fans for not turning up.

Are you going tonight?

And our crowds have been pretty good this season I would have thought, bar two or three games.

There were more dees fans at the tigers home game and pretty healthy crowds for the two previous games given the crows and lions are non Vic teams.

Let's see what the mcc looks like vis a vis how many dees fans turn up compared to blues fans.

It can be a little misleading on TV because the cameras face the shane warne fans where more oppo fans sit.

Edited by binman
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I shall be watching today's game at Fitzgerald's Sports Bar in Nana in the company of defrocked and disgraced Demonlander SWYL. 

We shall get outrageously drunk while celebrating both Clarrie's return and giving the blue baggers ( who, according to some local supporters, are apparently 2023 premiers) a dose of reality.

PS. A cultural observation. A lot of the sheilas around here have very husky voices - something in the spicy food, I suppose.

Yep,hilarious. Keep your wallet in a deep pocket in Nana soi 4.  Katoey plaza.  Even alot of the bar girls are in their 40's.  Those that couldnt win a farang husband in Pattaya.

I'll be over the river at my house. 

Go dees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1