• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Brisbane

Demonland

5 hours ago, DubDee said:

When the whips are cracking the Lions are soft. Away from home and in the cold they will wilt.

It won't be pretty (like usual) but we will bury them physically 

When the whips are cracking, the Bears are soft.

When Big Joe misses, from 15 metres, the thing I’ll be feeling . . . is totally tossed.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Was looking at the AFL app yesterday, before we played them in the finals last year.

Rd 15 MCG : 

Dees 16.21 117 to Lions 7.11 53

Rd 23 Gabba :

Dees 18.7 115 to Lions 8.9 57

Getting the ball inside 50 has never been an issue, first game together for BBB and JVR, time to light the scoreboard up.

Seeing those scores is a real sting. Oh what might have been last year if we didn't have the accumulation of injuries stacking up into the finals.

• Like 4

I honestly have no idea what will happen tonight. Which is kinda fun and kinda terrifying

But I have faith, deep down in my cockle area, maybe even the sub-cockle area. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

The guys is a 🤡 screams for Brown to come in because JVR isn’t up to it. Brown has a poor game against GWS, calls for him to be dropped for JVR or Jefferson.

JVR comes in this week still moaning. Bags Spargo for years because you know if it ain’t obvious PF ain’t going to see what he brings, then retracts midway through 22(yes literally it took him that long to see it) only to change his mind again.

The bloke is deadset clueless.

But hey no matter what happens tomorrow if we lose, it will be because Grundy wasn’t selected 

Well Pendent or Pendulum or whatever let me just say this.

1 Spargo has played probably 10 good games in his 90 odd, Yep lauded him at one stage when I thought he turned the corner, but his last two games have been garbage. He got dropped then without any return to Casey, returned to the senior side on What?? I don't buy this forward pressure stuff, give me GOALS AND POSSESIONS AND I'LL SHUT UP!

2 I remain a staunch advocate of BBB and believe he MUST Feature for the rest of the year.

3 JVR is Raw but promising, did NOTHING last week at CASEY yet still got a call up.

4 If I am "Clueless"The football department must also be similar with the chopping and changing, NEVER rewarding guys at Casey who have form I.E Schache, Dunstan, Moniz Wakefield et al.

So I might be passionate and opinionated BUT with VFL Under 19 experience behind me, Amateur 100 gamer and Senior coaching experience and a couple of Phys-Ed degrees... Nar dont think I'm Clueless.

Your turn????!

Schache can’t play at this level, been proven time and time again. Dunstan is nothing we don’t already have in the midfield, his disposal is just worse. They are both break glass in case of emergency.

And as for your resume, means little when compared with your rants on all things football.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Was looking at the AFL app yesterday, before we played them in the finals last year.

Rd 15 MCG : 

Dees 16.21 117 to Lions 7.11 53

Rd 23 Gabba :

Dees 18.7 115 to Lions 8.9 57

Getting the ball inside 50 has never been an issue, first game together for BBB and JVR, time to light the scoreboard up.

The Lions were terrible defensively last year. They’ve tightened up a fair bit since then.

I’m not sure if this was covered in the podcast as I haven’t listened to it this week, but what was the main reason of us going more of a controlled style of play last week? Lots of uncontested marks, lots of switching etc. I wonder if that was because Goody realised the high forward press was causing too many poor repeat entries. I wonder if Goody is trialling more scores from defensive half chains so we can get better looks inside 50.

We absolutely need to nail clearances and contested possession this week which we were poor at last week. Our forward 50 contested possession rate is still abysmal so I hope we can also improve that.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Schache can’t play at this level, been proven time and time again. Dunstan is nothing we don’t already have in the midfield, his disposal is just worse. They are both break glass in case of emergency.

And as for your resume, means little when compared with your rants on all things football.

Greg Norman won one major and shot his load at at least three others. Turns out he was a [censored] too. 

• Like 1

Los by 16 points. Hope I'm wrong and the BBrown and JVR combo works out. Fingers crossed Gawn can handle solo rucking without injury and significantly lifts his form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Greg Norman won one major and shot his load at at least three others. Turns out he was a [censored] too. 

Yep, but unlike PF Greg Norman would probably never have called for Trac to be dropped.

Anyway enough of that, boys need to bring pressure, accountability and lower their eyes tonight. We’re really up against it and the team first approach of 2021 is needed across the board for us to be in this.

It’s going to be tough but just want to see something with which we can build on for the remainder of the season. Yes I want 4 points but the bigger picture and inside 50 delivery and structure are what I’m most looking at tonight 

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 2

I don't think we win this game in the midfield. I think we'll struggle to break even there. Our path to victory is via our greatest asset, our defence. They will need to repel numerous attacks and initiate rapid fire counterattacks utilising the full width of the ground to exploit the Lions lack of speed.

With decent ball movement into an open forward line, our forwards are good enough to kick a winning score.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, speed demon said:

I don't think we win this game in the midfield. I think we'll struggle to break even there. Our path to victory is via our greatest asset, our defence. They will need to repel numerous attacks and initiate rapid fire counterattacks utilising the full width of the ground to exploit the Lions lack of speed.

With decent ball movement into an open forward line, our forwards are good enough to kick a winning score.  

With analysis like this @speed demon, you’ll never get a gig at 7. 

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

44 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Best you have a few early pots to settle things down Dub 

My brain literally said the same thing to me

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I'll write the headlines now:

WE WIN: Lions can't win the flag at the MCG

WE LOSE: Dees can't win the flag at the MCG

First para under the first headline (author: Buckley):

The dees were too good for the lions, but with the lions' record at the are still big question mark in my mind about their ability to beat the top 2 sides. 

• Like 1

I don't want a slow start. Gee them up, Mark and Co.

After that video posted by WCW, in Viney I trust, big time.

Things I also want to see are, playing infront, and beating them to the ball, plenty of scoring from turnovers, no over-handballing, which has been an Achilles heel this season, smart footballing, good tempo decisions, some corridor footy and sticking our tackles. Hope we can hold it in our forward area and not play off our backline, as it puts too much pressure on the backs. The backs are much better when playing high up the ground.

The backline hate even one goal against them. Hope they keep there heads up if Brissy get a roll on.

Love our young players. 

Go Dees.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

I am shaking.

I usually cringe at these tributes. The profoundly solemn voiceover, the music swelling to a crescendo, it really is overdone. But not so with this one coz JV7 ♥️💙

We even get an echo at the end of this one! That’s some serious [censored] right there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I usually cringe at these tributes. The profoundly solemn voiceover, the music swelling to a crescendo, it really is overdone. But not so with this one coz JV7 ♥️💙

We even get an echo at the end of this one! That’s some serious [censored] right there.

That kid is arguably harder at the ball, than just about everyone in the AFL currently.

His bravery is through the roof.

So glad he plays for us.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

@WalkingCivilWar said:

Brodie is on 193 games. I hope he plays his 200th this year. 🥹

Hibbo and Max are on 194. Barring anything unforeseen Max will play his 200th vs Hawthorn in round 23, our home game at the ‘G, which is also our BCNA Field of Woman match. Hibbo… who knows?

Langers plays his 149th game tomorrow night. His 150th will be next Sunday vs the Crows in our home game at the ‘G. That is, barring injury or being rested, managed, omitted, dropped, dumped, 86d, jettisoned, kicked to the kerb or in any other way not there. 😁

There is acknowledgment of a milestone on tomorrow’s banner, but it’s not a player. It’s the 500th game of John Stanaway (father of Clint) who is a trainer and has been with the MFC since the 1990’s. This probs explains why Clint is a diehard Dees fan. He’s a cheer squad favourite and was actually in the cheer squad growing up.

Oh and lil Spargypants is on 95 games. Nibs is on 144. It’ll be great to see them celebrate their milestones in five and six weeks (respectively) for the obvious reasons but also to annoy the “fans” who bag them week in and week out. Cheers Big Ears 🥳 🍻 😂

Thanks for a great contribution you made in the now locked thread, PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Brisbane. I love your passion and devotion to all things Demon. Reading you on good old 'Land is always a delight @WalkingCivilWar. Your presence here is appreciated by me, and I'm sure, many others.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, binman said:

Exactly.

Far from putting a question mark on brodie's place in the team, going back to work on his forward craft reinforces their commitment to the two ruck, resting forward model.

I actually think it is as much a comment on Maxy's forward craft in the sense that to maximise his strengths he has to play more ruck time coz he is average up forward.

The same could be said of brodie, but maxy is the big dog. And a better player, so it makes sense to have him playing his optimal role.

Yes it does. But it is completely foreseeable sense to make before we pulled out the irresistible PowerPoint last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kozzie4PM said:

I hope everyone who complains about our crowds is a) going and b) going to make a heap of noise!! Even, and especially, when we're struggling!!

Yeah, let's hope all the people that point to arousal levels being so important, are back from overseas and actually attending games. 👌

• Like 1
  • Clap 1