• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

So, today Goody is trying something different. He’s changing something up, and the boys have been training (in private) with a focus on this  change.

I can’t say anything else about this. The only reason I’m bringing it up at all is because I want the usual Goody-bashers (and they’re here all too often) to remember that should today’s move not succeed, at the very least Goody tried something different. Therefore there really shouldn’t be any of those comments about him being loath to make bold changes, him being stubborn or him trying desperately to replicate 2021.

But that’s all moot…

It’ll work and it’ll work well. If for no other reason than I said so. 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 4

Never listen to sen breakfast.

Figure, why not, it kings birthday. 

And who is on it?

Tom bloody morris.

He an cornes (who I don't actually mind) doing a mid season review.

Tom Morris's assessing football teams? Please.

I listen to 4 mins and they are reviewing the suns. Instead of talking about theIr FOOTBALL, all Morris talks about is dews future.

And 3 mins talking about hardwick coaching them and Hinkley's future.

That's it.

Nothing about how well they are going, their game plan (contest, contest  contest), their strengths or their weaknesses.

Everything that is wrong about the footy media in 240 seconds. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 9
  • Haha 5

Apparently there’s gonna be a Philippine flag-raising ceremony at 10am in Fed Square quite close to our tent. They’ve asked us to try to be quiet during it. Pfft, like cheer squads are ever noisy. 😝

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

So, today Goody is trying something different. He’s changing something up, and the boys have been training (in private) with a focus on this  change.

I can’t say anything else about this. The only reason I’m bringing it up at all is because I want the usual Goody-bashers (and they’re here all too often) to remember that should today’s move not succeed, at the very least Goody tried something different. Therefore there really shouldn’t be any of those comments about him being loath to make bold changes, him being stubborn or him trying desperately to replicate 2021.

But that’s all moot…

It’ll work and it’ll work well. If for no other reason than I said so. 🙂

Beating A Dead Horse – 1XRUN

You will just have to stay off DL for a few days to avoid them

But we won't lose!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The birds are actually fantastic, we have multiple generations and a new one that’s come along that isn’t quite right, my wife named him wobbles (she doesn’t follow football and would have no idea of the colliwobbles!) 

but if it helps, call them Barrawarns which is the Wurundjeri name for Magpies iirc.

Edited by Gorgoroth
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 1

WCW, that's too tantalising!!  

Following in Luci's footsteps...

Bad omen:  I've had food poisoning for the last 24 hours... also saw two magpies

Good omen:  woken up fresh today and ready to make it to the 'G!  Also, my friend sent me my poetry horoscope from Twitter because it says 'It could be blue and red and forgiving.'  Even the fake stars are aligned!

• Haha 4

Just now, Lucifers Hero said:

Beating A Dead Horse – 1XRUN

You will just have to stay off DL for a few days to avoid them

But we won't lose!

I could do that Luci but I’ll still KNOW they’re doing it. Besides, I’m lucky to go 10 minutes without posting on here. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

We should all spare a thought for our esteemed fellow Demonlander @jane02 - tensions must be rising in her household ! I wonder if Jane's been tempted to carry out any (minor of course) violent actions? 

Jane is saving her punishment until after the game:

On 6/8/2023 at 9:54 PM, jane02 said:

It will however be a long walk home for him on Monday should we lose considering we live two hours away from town.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Haha 3

Overture, sirens, lights
This is it, the fight of fights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we’ll hit
On with the show this is it
Today what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it!

Yes...apologies to Bugs, but in many ways it sums up what today is kinda about to me.

I really dont know a bigger grudge match..And it probably the Wobblies to tel lthe truth who holds it most... ALL those lost Finals and all.   That brings us to that subject... "Oh Melbourne, they treat it like it's their Grand Final"  guffaw guffaw guffaw. Much has been made , and scoffed at, as to the notion that this is THE game we, the Mighty Dees , come to play. As if there's no other game.   I want to flip that script a bit and suggest in a manner of speaking I dont mind if we bring that kind of intensity, focus and commitment. In many respects we should every game but thats not a reality. Today , it's a must.

This is not a Grand Final but it IS Grand-Final like. The G, on a day no other game is played. Where so much happens in the build up  to that first bounce. The total focus of the footy world is on you. The importance of other factors  and emotional foundations..A massive crowd.  Yes, it's very Grand Final like in many aspects.. It of course, not the BIG Dance...but this isn't the local hop either.

I really don't mind if the players have psyched themselves up a bit. They'll need to . This will be a ding dong battle  of bitter rivals of a very long standing.  I want the likes of Kozzie, Fritta,Viney, Max and Trac to have a DAY OUT !! I really don't mind if the next game is a bit dull, a bit matter of fact..etc.   Today I want the team to understand this is not so much a Grand Final as it is a Grand Final Practice.  Everythig that is today goes up a noths come the Truly Big Day but this is as close to it as you get.  They need to be able to soak it all up and produce a complete team effort topped off with some really handy 'best games for a while" type efforts. I really don't mind if Brodie does have a game that's to remind his old team-mates that they are foes now.....and his old club.."How DARE you !!"

And I rally don't mind if the Dees come with some serious nigle and thump this lot and not just on the scoreboard.  Lets show Bruzzy what brusing is really about.

Max...do not under any circumstances take any [censored] from Cox !!  

well...this is it....On with the show  :)

Go Dees

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

Honestly thought your ‘good omen’ was going to be that you lit 6 magpies on fire yesterday…

Might take a break from the internet for a bit

My dog has been standing at the window barking angrily at a single magpie in our front yard for 30 minutes. 
The magpie, while unmoved, has certainly been told in no uncertain terms by the dog, what a stupid ugly useless bird it is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Overture, sirens, lights
This is it, the fight of fights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we’ll hit
On with the show this is it
Today what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it!

Yes...apologies to Bugs, but in many ways it sums up what today is kinda about to me.

I really dont know a bigger grudge match..And it probably the Wobblies to tel lthe truth who holds it most... ALL those lost Finals and all.   That brings us to that subject... "Oh Melbourne, they treat it like it's their Grand Final"  guffaw guffaw guffaw. Much has been made , and scoffed at, as to the notion that this is THE game we, the Mighty Dees , come to play. As if there's no other game.   I want to flip that script a bit and suggest in a manner of speaking I dont mind if we bring that kind of intensity, focus and commitment. In many respects we should every game but thats not a reality. Today , it's a must.

This is not a Grand Final but it IS Grand-Final like. The G, on a day no other game is played. Where so much happens in the build up  to that first bounce. The total focus of the footy world is on you. The importance of other factors  and emotional foundations..A massive crowd.  Yes, it's very Grand Final like in many aspects.. It of course, not the BIG Dance...but this isn't the local hop either.

I really don't mind if the players have psyched themselves up a bit. They'll need to . This will be a ding dong battle  of bitter rivals of a very long standing.  I want the likes of Kozzie, Fritta,Viney, Max and Trac to have a DAY OUT !! I really don't mind if the next game is a bit dull, a bit matter of fact..etc.   Today I want the team to understand this is not so much a Grand Final as it is a Grand Final Practice.  Everythig that is today goes up a noths come the Truly Big Day but this is as close to it as you get.  They need to be able to soak it all up and produce a complete team effort topped off with some really handy 'best games for a while" type efforts. I really don't mind if Brodie does have a game that's to remind his old team-mates that they are foes now.....and his old club.."How DARE you !!"

And I rally don't mind if the Dees come with some serious nigle and thump this lot and not just on the scoreboard.  Lets show Bruzzy what brusing is really about.

Max...do not under any circumstances take any [censored] from Cox !!  

well...this is it....On with the show  :)

Go Dees

Sorry, just wanted another reminder that this is a grand final like game..?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One big difference between GF and today. The 60k Magpies criminal supporters will sway the umpires! But we will still prevail!

GF day only 12k of the criminals get in and anti Pies sentiments and generally having best umpires means they don’t get an extra player via supporters influencing umpires like during H& A!

Demons by 5 goals today!

• Love 1

The Philippine flag-raising ceremony began at 8:45 and goes until 10:30. They’re celebrating 125 years of independence. We’re gonna fire up the barbie early coz all we see is a couple of hundred empty bellies and the smell of cooked sausages and onions should net FightMND a nice sum of $

https://streamable.com/6wr88v

That’s our tent in the background.

Unrelated: I’ve made so many lovely Filipino friends! 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The Philippine flag-raising ceremony began at 8:45 and goes until 10:30. They’re celebrating 125 years of independence. We’re gonna fire up the barbie early coz all we see is a couple of hundred empty bellies and the smell of cooked sausages and onions should net FightMND a nice sum of $

The Demon Army support so many diverse causes!  Truly a shining example of the power of community haha

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Long day for you WCW hope you're up for it.

I think we win today. The media undersold our win last week because of our low score, but the fact is we were dominant in the contest, clearances and we were terribly inaccurate. 

Dees to be up by 2 goals at 3qtr time with BT going nuts over with the Pies are going to run over the top of us narrative, but instead we win the qtr by a couple of goals to win by 4-5 goals.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Good Omen:cool:Confidence returned last night with Elliot out.  In recent years we have only beaten them when he hasn't played.

Sticking with Dees by a heart-stopping 9 points.

Can't wait to get to the G!!

Elliott kicked 7 against us last year across the two games, so it’s a fantastic out from our point of view.

He’s the type of player that would seize on the big moments in last quarters that today provides.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Go easy WCW, my Pies supporting sister (and her Dees supporting husband) spawned two Pies supporters who have produced 3 more Pies fans.  (Can't bring myself to call them 'Filth' especially the little ones...more like heavenly cherubs).

However, her first born child is a passionate Dees fan!❤️💙

Sounds like a plague of magpie supporters!

Edited by Wodjathefirst
  • Haha 1

I have no feeling either way about the game today, just hoping for the best. It's a beautiful sunny winters day however so I'm going to make the most of it. Mussels and frites washed down by some of the dark stuff should fortify me for the battle ahead. 

Anyone sitting in Tridents territory on L2 of the Olympic Stand should remind the people checking our tickets to enter our area that it is their job to make sure no opposition fans get in as our seats are non transferrable. I'm sick of oppo scumbags ruining my day. It's the only way they will get the message and do their jobs. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

My dog has been standing at the window barking angrily at a single magpie in our front yard for 30 minutes. 
The magpie, while unmoved, has certainly been told in no uncertain terms by the dog, what a stupid ugly useless bird it is. 

He is so excited for today 🙄

IMG_8248.jpeg

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 9
  • Love 4

This morning’s magpies are this evening’s feather dusters!  Dees by a few in a tight one, I reckon.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I have no feeling either way about the game today, just hoping for the best. It's a beautiful sunny winters day however so I'm going to make the most of it. Mussels and frites washed down by some of the dark stuff should fortify me for the battle ahead. 

Anyone sitting in Tridents territory on L2 of the Olympic Stand should remind the people checking our tickets to enter our area that it is their job to make sure no opposition fans get in as our seats are non transferrable. I'm sick of oppo scumbags ruining my day. It's the only way they will get the message and do their jobs. 

@Rab D Nesbitt - sorry to tell you that there will be Pies fans amongst us - even in Trident and Redlegs: in advance of this game, I added an extra seat to our family membership in Trident as I knew there was a spare seat available next to ours (KB is the one day that all our family goes to the footy together). I then got a call from the club on Thursday apologising profusely that whilst this seat would be ours for the remainder of the season, it would not be available for the Collingwood game, as Ticketek had identified it as vacant and already sold it! Hopefully it’s a Dees supporter that has got it, but past experience tells me otherwise. By the way, the club found us a seat directly in front of us, so not all bad.

• Like 1

I love how parts of Demonland is framing this one already. If we lose, we're hopeless and no contender. If we win, Collingwood were missing all their players. 👌

• Like 3