• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs Yartapuulti

Demonland

Terrible performance, maybe 5 blokes tried for the majority of the night. Lever, Gawn, Pickett, Viney, Van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen, Langdon all horrible. We can't keep playing Spargo and Chandler in the same side. Goodwin and Yze need to start earning their pay packets. Umpiring horrific, but we got what we deserved. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BDA said:

We lost it. We won it. We lost it again.

Credit to Port. They’re a very good team. Butters had a great game

Disappointing last quarter. We should have seen it home.

Salem very good on his return. Great to have him back. Rivers fantastic as well.

I hate BT with a passion. 

Dust ourselves down and go against Freo next week.

Go Dees

Agree with everything you say BDA, especially the BT part - has to be Australia's biggest flogger.

Edited by Jibroni
  • Love 1

Just now, The heart beats true said:

We don’t have the role of our half forwards right. How many times in that game did we go long to Gawn and they won the ball back at ground level?

It was like watching the Essendon game all over again. At the fall of the ball we repeatedly get beaten. Add that to our clearance issues and we are asking way too much of our back 6.

Certainly something wrong. Even in the wet, we couldn’t hold the ball in our forwardline and conversely couldn’t get it out of Ports forward line. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canplay said:

Clarry not playing good footy.

Too tall and slow.

ANB -  1 min to go running clear into forward line -  and kicks a 20m dart to a 4 man contest -  absolutely no creativity or composure with the ball.

He’s been working hard at reducing his height but it’s been a struggle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

That was a sun's replay. 70 marks to our 30.

How many marks did we take inside our 50m?

40 to 30 clearances against.

You can't play like that first half. It was putrid.

I'm so annoyed at our one arm soft tackles.

Bruise free Mfc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Agreed but 5-6 goals from soft frees and blatant frees missed to the away side and 10-2 in a tough last quarter certainly helps.

That kick out to the left is killing us and tonight how many goals did they get from it.

Too many players poor.

Disposal poor.

Played from behind.

Why wasn’t Butters tagged? Junior coaches would have 10 minutes into the game.

Yes the umpiring was putrid. What else is new in an away game? Happens every week 

We should never have even been in the contest after that first half. 
We are very far behind the ball right now and we need to reset. A list as talented as ours putting out these types of performances against other quality sides, is a real worry. It’s becoming a trend. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

We don’t have the role of our half forwards right. How many times in that game did we go long to Gawn and they won the ball back at ground level?

It was like watching the Essendon game all over again. At the fall of the ball we repeatedly get beaten. Add that to our clearance issues and we are asking way too much of our back 6.

Our small forwards were missing in action

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

Goodwin be brave and make some statements with changes.

Langdon needs a spell, JVR cannot read the flight of ball and made silly mistakes. Back to Casey please.

We fumbled all night, they were clean, almost like it was a sunny day for them.

We seriously deserved to lose and got our just rewards.

Make some hard calls Goodwin for once in your life.

That 3rd quarter was the opposite. We had the ball on a string like it was 25 degrees and dry. Killed them. Where was that the rest of the game? Polar opposites. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

He made 2 absolutely horrible errors.

Please. One was a high tackle in the rain when he is coached to be strong at the contest - completely understandable.

I'll assume the other that you're referring to is the 'high contact' free that he gave away when he pushed someone in the chest and they grabbed their chin and went down like they'd been shot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Vomit 1

Had some serious passengers tonight and it's simply not good enough. As much as I would have loved to pinch that it would have papered over cracks and we would have used a get out of jail free card. I would have felt like we stole it and that isn't the reality. We are more a 7-3 team than an 8-2 team right now.

In 2021 we had nearly a whole team of guys in career best form. Tonight we had nearly everyone out of form. 

Shades of that 2018 game that also sucked. Screw port 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

He made 2 absolutely horrible errors.

Unfortunately JVR free against Finlayson was the turning point. We had withstood their hot start to the final quarter and were out on the rebound when his act gave them belief.

I hope the leadership group and goody will have a good talk to him during the week

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

The better team won.

They were cleaner and used it better.

They out-numbered us around contests.

Why we didn't tag Butters when it was clear what he was doing was extraordinary.  Truly one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen.  It was so obvious I can't fathom the answer, even though I know the answer.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

What also [censored] me off was AnB’s last kick into the forward 50. Why would he do a flat kick looking for a mark in those conditions? Why not kick a high ball deep to put the pressure on Port’s defence and try and potentially get a stoppage. Was just dumb.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, praha said:

4-10 against top 8 sides since Round 11 2022.

I think this is now a huge problem. I feel like we haven’t brought enough innovation to our game plan.

It’s no longer a winning game style, and we are very close to full strength. 

• Like 3

We knew Marshall was an out, Dixon would most likely miss, but we thought our talls would be an advantage? 🤦‍♂️.

if Goodwin continues to play, two tall Ricks, two tall forwards and our midfield is as pedestrian as tonight, we will go no where this year.  We need forward pressure for our defence to be a weapon.  Collingwood will beat us by 50 with this game plan and team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Grundy’s accuracy for goal is elite but can someone have a word to him about shushing the crowd after his goal. The rest of the game went downhill after that.

Credit to us for making a game of it after half time, but way more credit to Port and especially Butters.

I absolutely despise the sush celebration. Said to my mate that's the Collingwood still in him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BDA said:

We lost it. We won it. We lost it again.

Credit to Port. They’re a very good team. Butters had a great game

Disappointing last quarter. We should have seen it home.

Salem very good on his return. Great to have him back. Rivers fantastic as well.

I hate BT with a passion. 

Dust ourselves down and go against Freo next week.

Go Dees

This was the worst commentary of a sports game anywhere in the country ever heard. They should be ashamed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

That’s what Kossie should be doing, but no not once, held back for a few that were there to attack. The video review won’t be kind or good for him, hopefully it’s a wake up call 

Moans about the umpires or van Rooyen's moment of madness miss the point. In three quarters we were outplayed by a better side who deserved to win. But for Steven May, we could have been wiped out by halftime. At least Petracca, in particular, and Oliver lifted in the third quarter, and Salem will be better for the run, but Picket seemed lost in the wet and several others went missing in action too. Why no tag was put on Butters as he ran us ragged remains a mystery.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, PVardy said:

Unfortunately JVR free against Finlayson was the turning point. We had withstood their hot start to the final quarter and were out on the rebound when his act gave them belief.

I hope the leadership group and goody will have a good talk to him during the week

Huge moment. We were on the way to get some territory and that just killed us.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, praha said:

4-10 against top 8 sides since Round 11 2022.

I still firmly believe we just got lucky and got hot in September 21. We are going to waste the talent that we have with what we have in charge. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Vomit 1