• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

Thought I’d try my luck… I left it too late and missed out on being able to get three seats (one for myself and one each for my girls, who I want to take to their first live game). If anyone has tickets to or access to tickets to Sundays game please flick me a PM. Thanks in advance. Ethan out.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I think you need to watch a little bit closer

He was pantsed by Ryan. He would have been pantsed by Naughton if he kicked straight. He got pantsed by the worst footballer in the league Daniher. He was ordinary up forward didn't do any better than what McDonald would have done. He's been our worst performer by a mile this year. Tomlinson's form has been better and he's in the reserves.

Jordan came in and played a solid role, but he's purely there as an extra number atm and will be the unlucky player to make way for Pickett.

Not sure that can be argued given Pickett's point of difference as a player.

I'd give Brown the week off as well and bring T-Mac back in to see how he responds after being dropped.

Anyone else feeling sore simply shouldn't be playing.

My ins: Pickett and T-Mac

Outs: Jordan (unlucky) and Brown (managed)

Edited by JimmyGadson
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I am really unsure which way they go this week but keeping McVee, JVR, Chandler, and bringing in Kozzie are locks for me.

Maybe JJ goes out, maybe BBB is managed and he should be nursed through the next 2 years (he is more important than many would like to admit), maybe we go with less noted defenders. Dunno. 

As an aside, I am a simp for Melksham but how good is the ability to bring him in for Brown and upend what we throw Sydney. It seemed to really make the McCartins uneasy.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I am really unsure which way they go this week but keeping McVee, JVR, Chandler, and bringing in Kozzie are locks for me.

Maybe JJ goes out, maybe BBB is managed and he should be nursed through the next 2 years (he is more important than many would like to admit), maybe we go with less noted defenders. Dunno. 

As an aside, I am a simp for Melksham but how good is the ability to bring him in for Brown and upend what we throw Sydney. It seemed to really make the McCartins uneasy.

Melksham really is the perfect sub at this point in his career.

Great decoy forward, defensive forward or pure forward.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, Boots and all said:

The Eagles have been absolutely decimated by injury today and may need to field the magoos next week.

Percentage gains on the horizon! We could find such boosters very useful on top of the four points and it could last for quite a few weeks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyGadson said:

Melksham really is the perfect sub at this point in his career.

Great decoy forward, defensive forward or pure forward.

Yes, and this sounds trite; but it won’t get to his head like it would one of the kids.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2023 at 10:56 PM, DemonWA said:

I saw enough blood baths at subi to last a lifetime. I'd love to see us absolutely humiliate them on their home deck. 

Yep they've also knocked us out of finals 4 times so every chance we get to sink the boot in should be relished.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Brown out and Kozzie comes in.

Wish I could really find a place for Howes because I thought he was brilliant on the weekend. When you beat a potential top 4 team by 50 it's fair to say there'll be minimal changes.

Hibberd could be a watch this space especially if it's Achilles. Absolute pain in the [censored] to manage especially when you get into your 30's.

• Like 2

The Age" The fact Fremantle only won the clearances 39-35 against the injury-hit Eagles despite dominating the hitout battle 69-16 is a concern."

Jacko has a bit of work to do with his new midfield. I thought he went to Freo to be a forward

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, layzie said:

If Chandler gets dropped I'll go troppo.

Unless Chandler has three or more shockers in a row, he won't be moving from his spot. And frankly, I think he'll be a mainstay for us going forward from here on out. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the next player to sign on for three or four years.

A major part of our success and consistency as a club is the way we've developed our list and now our VFL program. It's just a well oiled machine now. Look at how Roy and Judd have come in and impacted straight away.

Chandler is simply the perfect example of a player who has plied their trade at VFL for three seasons, has built great habits as a trainer, developed his tank and body and has a full understanding of what role he needs to play and execute at AFL level. You can tell how hungry he is to stay in the side and taste premiership success by the intensity and determination he plays with and passion he displays when a he or a teammate kicks a goal.

This is besides mentioning what it has allowed us to do with Pickett.

Goodwin is finally restructuring, tinkering and becoming more flexible which is super exciting.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, JimmyGadson said:

Unless Chandler has three or more shockers in a row, he won't be moving from his spot. And frankly, I think he'll be a mainstay for us going forward from here on out. Wouldn't be surprised if he was the next player to sign on for three or four years.

A major part of our success and consistency as a club is the way we've developed our list and now our VFL program. It's just a well oiled machine now. Look at how Roy and Judd have come in and impacted straight away.

Chandler is simply the perfect example of a player who has plied their trade at VFL for three seasons, has built great habits as a trainer, developed his tank and body and has a full understanding of what role he needs to play and execute at AFL level. You can tell how hungry he is to stay in the side and taste premiership success by the intensity and determination he plays with and passion he displays when a he or a teammate kicks a goal.

This is besides mentioning what it has allowed us to do with Pickett.

Goodwin is finally restructuring, tinkering and becoming more flexible which is super exciting.

Great essay, all very accurate, although with your last point, I'd argue he's been that way all along...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 4/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, DeelightfulPlay said:

Not a big fan of the Weagles (2018 still rankles me), but do feel for them to have such significant outs.  

Have you ever dealt with any of their supporters?

I remember one of their [censored] players threatening sexual violence mid-game to the mother of one of our blokes who was ridiculed for becoming upset.

No sympathy.

(And their Americanised-name and colours are rubbish. Don't start me on their ad-jingle song. The entire outfit, name colours, song is an ad-man's wet dream.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

9 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

After watching the VFL replay I wonder if Howes will debut. been in good form I'd have him replacing Petty as the 7th backman. If McDonald can be dropped after 2 ordinary games Petty could be dropped after 3 ordinary games.

Have you been watching Forest Gump, Stupid is as Stupid does.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Thought I’d try my luck… I left it too late and missed out on being able to get three seats (one for myself and one each for my girls, who I want to take to their first live game). If anyone has tickets to or access to tickets to Sundays game please flick me a PM. Thanks in advance. Ethan out.

Happy to offer my members barcode if that helps ET

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Roo will be the second ruck. I don't see why we need him? He's no longer needed down back and he ain't a forward. Rather see a running half back in Howes get a run. 

Roo had already stopped being our second ruck in place of Petty by the last quarter against Sydney. He’s a great kid and he’ll be incredible but JVR also needs to build into full AFL game time. If Brown goes out for TMac due to back soreness I think Petty and TMac will cover backup ruck and JVR will play pure forward. Regardless, if we’re smart we’ll play two backup rucks and try to use them as much as possible to protect and freshen up Grundy. I’d be shocked if we dropped a tall for a small for this reason. Let’s see, but I don’t see Petty being dropped under any circumstances.

Also WC with Bailey and Allen have a stronger ruck setup than Sydney, Ladhams may be better than Bailey but only marginally while Allen is a true second ruck option and is miles better than Amartey, who is no more a ruck than any of our options. Grundy will need more support in this game. With their decimated team the only area WC remain decent in is the ruck and for this reason we need talls.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Have you ever dealt with any of their supporters?

I remember one of their [censored] players threatening sexual violence mid-game to the mother of one of our blokes who was ridiculed for becoming upset.

No sympathy.

(And their Americanised-name and colours are rubbish. Don't start me on their ad-jingle song. The entire outfit, name colours, song is an ad-man's wet dream.)

I have zero sympathy for them. Grew up in Perth and we were regularly embarrassed over there and their supporters are feral. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to the coaching staff. They cop the heat when things don't go well but they have responded this year and mixed things up.

Highest scoring team after 3 rounds and playing 3 of last years finalists. Our method of scoring has demonstrably changed and we are no longer as predictable. Including Petty as a defensive fwd on McCartin was a masterstroke.

The Sydney game for me was the real test based on their record against us. We passed with flying colors.

Go Dees

• Like 15
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

He was pantsed by Ryan. He would have been pantsed by Naughton if he kicked straight. He got pantsed by the worst footballer in the league Daniher. He was ordinary up forward didn't do any better than what McDonald would have done. He's been our worst performer by a mile this year. Tomlinson's form has been better and he's in the reserves.

While I do not totally disagree re Naughton and Daniher, I did watch him closely on Sunday.   He did Ok but we had a lot of the play. Not his natural position, but he is tall and can take a mark and is courageous.

He copped a knock and was limping in one of the earlier games, I thought he was not fully fit,   but then at this level, no one really is or they are not training hard enough.

He might needs a few games to settle in up front, but it might be like Neitta and the OX.     Who knows ?

• Like 2

We are playing against a team that two of the AFL's best half forward flankers of the time were in their prime and won a Flag. Now the tables are turned...

• Like 2