Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Rumours 2023

Nascent

Naughton is the dream but would also be happy to settle for Lobb. Has proven to be a bit of a mercenary and found himself out of the dog's best 22 at times, so probably open to a move. Would provide more ruck cover than any of JVR/Petty/Naughton too. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 3

23 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Fritta would go to the next level, he would get the 3rd best defender and kick 60 a year for the next 3 years.

Goody would then have the option of pairing Naughts up with JVR or Petty.

Petty can revert back to his defensive post and have that option into the forward line up our sleeve it would be perfect.

Imagine the ball Kozzie and Mcadam would get a ground level when the ball is not being marked, we would be unstoppable.

Really be careful what you wish for.

Most  of the fluff over Naughton is not trading the situation. With JVR and Petty we already have 2 players thst will be good/great for our forward line over the nxt 7/10 years. 

In case most of DLers if they have any knowledge of footy they would have realised that  JVR is the closest player in style to Aaron. Both jump if there is no tomorrow spread packs snd the ball can be marks ( about 1 in 4 ) times. Crumbers are mandatory at the front and centre and another forward should be at the bsck of the pack for that opportunity to run or snapshot a goal.

One major difference is that JVR is highly accurate AN is not. Other big difference is that Aaron is 4 years ahead of JVR and scored 45 goals to JVR's 29 this year. I believe JVR is far stronger in the body and is more suited to the hurly burly of the FF position. 

Comparing Petty is a small sample but what Ican say is AN has scored a top of 9 goals ( I think) in 4 years and Harry a top of 6 goals in about 8/10 mostly part time roles at FF of which 4/5 have been full time. 

I would have Petty at FF, JVR in the pocket snd part time ruck ( prob with Naughton) and Aaron as CHF. I would  hope that Jefferson was not squeezed out if this recruiting coup was ever done this or next year. 

Potentially all three should get major ie 45 plus goals if not up to 69/70 if they all played on our forward line. 

Fritta would still get goals because he is the brains behind many of his snaps marks snd opportunities. 

Yes Kossie Chandler McAdam ANB Bowser Salem and Spargo who ever plays small should also join the gravy train and get their kick if the ice cream ( goals) if this trade ever sees the light of the day

Trac will have to muscle in as he does and get his 30 or plus per year also. 

Watch out Lions we are coming for you if ever we have these players at our disposal in our dream forward line hopefully a multi flagged one also. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, 58er said:

Really be careful what you wish for.

Most  of the fluff over Naughton is not trading the situation. With JVR and Petty we already have 2 players thst will be good/great for our forward line over the nxt 7/10 years. 

In case most of DLers if they have any knowledge of footy they would have realised that  JVR is the closest player in style to Aaron. Both jump if there is no tomorrow spread packs snd the ball can be marks ( about 1 in 4 ) times. Crumbers are mandatory at the front and centre and another forward should be at the bsck of the pack for that opportunity to run or snapshot a goal.

One major difference is that JVR is highly accurate AN is not. Other big difference is that Aaron is 4 years ahead of JVR and scored 45 goals to JVR's 29 this year. I believe JVR is far stronger in the body and is more suited to the hurly burly of the FF position. 

Comparing Petty is a small sample but what Ican say is AN has scored a top of 9 goals ( I think) in 4 years and Harry a top of 6 goals in about 8/10 mostly part time roles at FF of which 4/5 have been full time. 

I would have Petty at FF, JVR in the pocket snd part time ruck ( prob with Naughton) and Aaron as CHF. I would  hope that Jefferson was not squeezed out if this recruiting coup was ever done this or next year. 

Potentially all three should get major ie 45 plus goals if not up to 69/70 if they all played on our forward line. 

Fritta would still get goals because he is the brains behind many of his snaps marks snd opportunities. 

Yes Kossie Chandler McAdam ANB Bowser Salem and Spargo who ever plays small should also join the gravy train and get their kick if the ice cream ( goals) if this trade ever sees the light of the day

Trac will have to muscle in as he does and get his 30 or plus per year also. 

Watch out Lions we are coming for you if ever we have these players at our disposal in our dream forward line hopefully a multi flagged one also. 

Lick not kick !! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Not sure if mentioned, but apparently we're into Aaron Cadman!

Contracted to the end of 2024 if that means anything.

Like the idea but he won't help us on field for another 2 years. Not sure how we fit JvR, Cadman and Jefferson into the same forward line either but I'm sure they'll find a way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Fritta would go to the next level, he would get the 3rd best defender and kick 60 a year for the next 3 years.

Goody would then have the option of pairing Naughts up with JVR or Petty.

Petty can revert back to his defensive post and have that option into the forward line up our sleeve it would be perfect.

Imagine the ball Kozzie and Mcadam would get a ground level when the ball is not being marked, we would be unstoppable.

While I rate Naughton and it would be incredible to bring in someone of that quality... I think we're kidding ourselves if we think we are just a quality key forward away from fixing our scoring woes. 

(though admittedly having someone of that quality could have made the difference against Collingwood and surely would have made the difference against Carlton given how close we were - so maybe the rest of it doesn't matter)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

mills back to half back when he comes back from injury plus heeney predominantly forward leaves their inside mids thin with just parker and warner as elite / near-elite level, while gulden might become the new butters

jj is going from 3rd cab off the rank to probably 2nd 

I’d actually have Parker predominantly a forward these days and Heeney needs to step up and become a genuine on baller. Gulden too good not to be on ball for a large portion too. Chad as the third.

Which leaves Rowbottom as the defensive mid. Sheldrick in the VFL as depth.

McInerney and Campbell on the wings, although Campbell eventually returns to half back once Lloyd is done, too good a kick to limit to half the ground.

Maybe he can win that competition with Rowbottom but Longmire seems to love him as much as Goody loves Brayshaw and Sparrow so I’m not convinced of that.

Would love to have seen JJ for one more year trained up as an on baller and with a preseason dedicated to power and explosive work given he has elite fitness and a solid frame now. Then given a string of games to see how he goes. But that’s the realities of contracts and limited opportunities in a good side. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, BDA said:

Pettys injury profile is not good. Relying on him to be our KPF is a risk.

💯 agree, so many posters on here assume Petty will be back ready to go next year and just slot back into the forward line in the form he had before he got injured. He had a great couple of weeks and showed he might be the answer permanently but I'm not assuming it will just happen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

sparrow needs to be a lot more of a workhorse thru midfield to feature in our top 10 i'd wager

nibbler i think is a chance, but i can't see sparrow getting a spot in our top 10 ahead of may, petracca, viney, lever, brayshaw, gawn, oliver, hunter, rivers, or pickett

Our B and F is a slightly different animal to other awards. Our coaches  vote precisely along the lines of how a player carried out his role according to their instructions. Refer Jack Vineys consistently high positions each year. 

This year he IMO might just be the best bet for the Bluey as it has been his best season without doubt. And if he has almost cost Trac a Brownlow instead of Clarry the writing to me is on the wall. He got max votes where as I think Trac in the last 6 rounds should have got about 5/6 votes instead of the pittance awarded. 

We shall see on Oct 6 th. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loges said:

Will ring Adelaide directly and tell them Kent doesn't care if we get McAdam or not. 😁

Thanks Loges please advise the reaction on here. Kent doesn't Care!!!🙄

• Haha 2

I reckon the odds of McLean coming to us as part of the Grundy trade is a fair chance.  He played 22 games in the ruck and fwd, kicked 21 goals. He won't be playing much with Grundy there.  Only 24.  Him and Gawn would work nicely together

197cm 99kg about to enter his prime.  Swans have a lot of talls

If not him, then one of their tall fwds.  They will have Reid, McDonald and Amartey. Can't really play all three

Or even throw in the unknown Jack Buller. 199cm fwd/ruck. 22yo, done well in the WAFL last year apparently.

• Like 6

If we end up targeting a KPF i would be a little surprised. Im not saying we dont need one, but i think that would seem to indicate that we are not going to address our ball movement and forward 50 connection issues through trade/draft and ultimately push ahead with the same game style and method. 

With almost all teams moving to the fast pace, offensive style, game plan i am truly concerned with the FD's direction.

If we can somehow walk away with at least 1 outside, fast paced midfielder either through draft / trade, O'Sullivan and a KPF, id be much more optimistic. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RedFox said:

Heard on an SEN podcast that we're planning something big. Can't wait for trade period!

This has been debunked by Sam Edmund as pure guess work from a random nuffy supporter who texted in to SEN. SEN then did some follow up work.

Edmund on to say that he doesn't think there is anything in the works and that Melbourne are now acknowledging that games need to be put into the younger players instead of going out and buying big.

Sorry to disappoint.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I reckon the odds of McLean coming to us as part of the Grundy trade is a fair chance.  He played 22 games in the ruck and fwd, kicked 21 goals. He won't be playing much with Grundy there.  Only 24.  Him and Gawn would work nicely together

If not him, then one of their tall fwds.  They will have Reid, McDonald and Amartey. Can't really play all three

Or even throw in the unknown Jack Buller. 199cm fwd/ruck. 22yo, done well in the WAFL last year apparently.

McLeans is and will remain in the Swans best 22, he’s one of the best forward/rucks in the comp. Seen a lot of Sam Reid lately?

Buller’s on my list of guys we should have a dip at but he’s contracted and the Swans would have to be incentivised to give him up. My guess is the Swans are very keen to give him a preseason and see if he’s more reliable and well rounded than Amartey. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Greendale said:

Naughton is the dream but would also be happy to settle for Lobb. Has proven to be a bit of a mercenary and found himself out of the dog's best 22 at times, so probably open to a move. Would provide more ruck cover than any of JVR/Petty/Naughton too. 

Only if he took a significant pay cut

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I'd love McLean in Melbourne colours, but he re-signed until '27 about a month ago.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This has been debunked by Sam Edmund as pure guess work from a random nuffy supporter who texted in to SEN. SEN then did some follow up work.

Edmund on to say that he doesn't think there is anything in the works and that Melbourne are now acknowledging that games need to be put into the younger players instead of going out and buying big.

Sorry to disappoint.

I really hope so. we've got an opportunity to bring in 3-4 top 25 players and really refresh the list. 

unless you could sign Oscar Allen or Nick Larkey, better off going to the draft, looking for opportunities to upgrade picks and keeping the cap space open to replace May/Max.

• Like 3

There's an article suggesting Port may look to us or Sydney to split their future first for multiple 2nd round picks. If we go down that route we should have an advantage as we are surely going to get at least one of Sydney's 2nd rounders.

@adonski death ride 2024 may be on, port edition

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Only if he took a significant pay cut

The fact he's on high wages means he would cost next to nothing in trade value. Could just improve the pick to get them to take some salary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nascent said:

There's an article suggesting Port may look to us or Sydney to split their future first for multiple 2nd round picks. If we go down that route we should have an advantage as we are surely going to get at least one of Sydney's 2nd rounders.

@adonski death ride 2024 may be on, port edition

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If we end up targeting a KPF i would be a little surprised. Im not saying we dont need one, but i think that would seem to indicate that we are not going to address our ball movement and forward 50 connection issues through trade/draft and ultimately push ahead with the same game style and method. 

With almost all teams moving to the fast pace, offensive style, game plan i am truly concerned with the FD's direction.

If we can somehow walk away with at least 1 outside, fast paced midfielder either through draft / trade, O'Sullivan and a KPF, id be much more optimistic. 

I agree but having said that, its a lot easier to be effective moving the ball inside 50 when you have a talented big tall key fwd that leads well and presents

• Like 1