• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Pre-season Intensity 

And so it should be, with the list in better shape than 2021. Possibly the best Melbourne team we will see in our lifetime. 
Hawks 3 in a row, Cats 3 in 5 years, Tigers 3 out of 4. We need more premierships to truly be considered a champion team.

• Like 13
  • Clap 4

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Oh no we are training the house down!

Every year we do this. The training house is always destroyed.

Good thing we don’t have a dedicated home base yet…

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

They’re having punch ups at Essendon. That’s intense. 
Culture going to a new level there. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Not totally sure that's a critique we should be throwing around tbh...

Well I’m totally sure you struggle with having a sense of humour. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Facepalm incoming…!!! 

I’ll feel left out otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

And so it should be, with the list in better shape than 2021. Possibly the best Melbourne team we will see in our lifetime. 
Hawks 3 in a row, Cats 3 in 5 years, Tigers 3 out of 4. We need more premierships to truly be considered a champion team.

The thought of winning another Premiership within the next two seasons is juicy. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, old dee said:

Even if it is pre-fabricated!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, old dee said:

Bad Day Falling GIF by Buyout Footage

Edited by Tarax Club
take 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

It would seem that David King is impressed with Melbourne’s pre-season intensity ~

The AFL club that is “panels in front” of others with pre-season intensity 

The most intriguing thing about that article is the phrase "panels in front". What  on earth does that mean? The opposite of "panels in behind"? (which sounds painful!) 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

34 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

The most intriguing thing about that article is the phrase "panels in front". What  on earth does that mean? The opposite of "panels in behind"? (which sounds painful!) 😆

FWIW King has been on the Demons bandwagon for 18+ months. Mid season  2021 he compared the Demons to the emergence of the Cats in 2007. We won 1 flag. Let's hope we can win at least 3/5.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, McQueen said:

They’re having punch ups at Essendon. That’s intense. 
Culture going to a new level there. 😂

10 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Not totally sure that's a critique we should be throwing around tbh...

The trouble is, ours actually hit the target.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big Col said:

FWIW King has been on the Demons bandwagon for 18+ months. Mid season  2021 he compared the Demons to the emergence of the Cats in 2007. We won 1 flag. Let's hope we can win at least 3/5.

I’d be happy with just another one if I get to see it at the G

• Like 7

I've been to 3 or 4 sessions this year and two things are clearly evident to me:

1. The players and the coaches are really holding each other to account. Before, during and after drills there is always lots of animated discussion, finger pointing and head nodding. They obviously have very clear objectives of what they want to achieve in drills/match sim and they are not scared to have difficult conversations when needed.

2. There's a real urgency in everything that they do. Whether it's the intensity in a drill, the delivery of an instruction or the willingness to fix mistakes, everything seems to happen at a million miles an hour. 

I'm much more confident that the mindset of the whole club is in a better place than it was at any time during 2022. 

Edited by Tough Kent
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

I've been to 3 or 4 sessions this year and two things are clearly evident to me:

1. The players and the coaches are really holding each other to account. Before, during and after drills there is always lots of animated discussion, finger pointing and head nodding. They obviously have very clear objectives of what they want to achieve in drills/match sim and they are not scared to have difficult conversations when needed.

2. There's a real urgency in everything that they do. Whether it's the intensity in a drill, the delivery of an instruction or the willingness to fix mistakes, everything seems to happen at a million miles an hour. 

I'm much more confident that the mindset of the whole club is in a better place than it was at any time during 2022. 

I noticed that too when I went to training on the 9th of Jan. we lacked that last year after having it in 2021. Which I do get it, they did just win the premiership and it happens. 
This year we have a couple of players with points to prove/last crack at it 

Grundy - point to prove/at the back end of his career.

Schache- last chance at it. If this doesn’t work out for him he’s career is done. 

Melks- Last chance

Tomlinson - Last chance with us

Chandler-most likely last chance with us  

I know last year we had a few players in the same position but I don’t think the other players were really motivated but I think they’re hungry again. Lever looks like a man on a mission and he gets really annoyed when he stuffs up and you can see it in his face he wants to make up for a mistake and that’s just at training. May is an competitive beast and hates losing

Maxy looks to have found a new twinkle in his eye with Grundy’s inclusion. Tomlinson trained like a man that will not accept being in the 2’s anymore. JVR looked like a young man who knows it’s his time to shine. 

To me at training it was like they had last year off and they’ve missed it so much and never want to be away from footy again.. if that makes sense. 

Edited by Demongirl35
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Demongirl35 said:

I noticed that too when I went to training on the 9th of Jan. we lacked that last year after having it in 2021. Which I do get it, they did just win the premiership and it happens. 
This year we have a couple of players with points to prove/last crack at it 

Grundy - point to prove/at the back end of his career.

Schache- last chance at it. If this doesn’t work out for him he’s career is done. 

Melks- Last chance

Tomlinson - Last chance with us

Chandler-most likely last chance with us  

I know last year we had a few players in the same position but I don’t think the other players were really motivated but I think they’re hungry again. Lever looks like a man on a mission and he gets really annoyed when he stuffs up and you can see it in his face he wants to make up for a mistake and that’s just at training. May is an competitive beast and hates losing

Maxy looks to have found a new twinkle in his eye with Grundy’s inclusion. Tomlinson trained like a man that will not accept being in the 2’s anymore. JVR looked like a young man who knows it’s his time to shine. 

To me at training it was like they had last year off and they’ve missed it so much and never want to be away from footy again.. if that makes sense. 

Would really liked to see Tomlinson trial as a  tall high half forward.

His endurance levels and work rate would easily blow up a lot of defenders which would be a huge strength to team structure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

The whirlwind that was 2021 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️ meant that we finished the season as late as possible and in order to ‘catch up’ on pre-season fitness for 2022, most of the players kept up their training over the off-season. Throw in the premiership celebrations going well into December, there was very little down time for the group mentally.

Then to show the comp respect as reigning premier, we started 10-0. This is the first genuine time that the boys have given themselves the necessary mental refresh that they need before another serious shot at a flag.

It’s the mental exhaustion that trips up most teams gunning for a flag, as the long season allows fears and doubts to creep in. 2021 we were just so maniacally determined to break through, it’s like we had tunnel vision.

varying factors of course will come in to play, but I give us a better chance this year mentally compared to last.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

His endurance levels and work rate would easily blow up a lot of defenders which would be a huge strength to team structure.

I remember he played as a third tall forward at the Giants for a while next to Cameron and Jon Patton. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

15 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

I remember he played as a third tall forward at the Giants for a while next to Cameron and Jon Patton. 

Interesting then that last season, when we were desperate for a tall forward he didn’t get a look in. 🧐🧐🧐

• Sad 1