• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: SF vs Brisbane

Demonland

25 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Lions 

IN - Rayner Answerth Fort 

out. BigO (concussed) Ahchee Robinson/Wilmot

Dees 

names are just names 

it’s our style that was lacking and Longmire simply outsmarted us and his players “owned us” again 

In - composure; someone who can kick the footy to find a target inside 50; a heartbeat for some players, ; winning clearances 
out. - reckless ill disciplined footy; risky kicks in back 50 ( Gawn 🤮🤮🤮) ; fumbles fumbles fumbles ; kicking to the pockets; 

Yeah, but they can't drop the Captain .

He was shocking all night

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

OUT: Melksham, Rivers

IN: JVR, Bowey

And swap Gus  and Harmes' roles, both were poor.

I would LOVE to see this happen but 0 chance they debut JVR in an elimination final. Needed to be done weeks ago when the cupboard was bare up forward (which it still is). 

I want ANB dropped. He has been horrendous all year under pressure and finals will only magnify that. 

• Like 4

a disappointing effort picket needs a boot up the rear, 4 kicks and probably 3 came in the first quarter is a major concern. when he goes missing he really goes missing. ANB another game where he keeps getting caught, admittedly some of the handpasses etc to him in traffic did not help, but he was still more of a liability and an asset. We need players who can put forward pressure on, sorry but i dont see Tom McDonald doing that, Tom tends to lope behind his player, he is not a busy tackler or chaser, he needs more time to prove he can at least mark as that is his major asset, He did not set the world on fire in his casey game so we cannot take a chance on him.  Tonight we had opportunity after opportunity in our forward 50, we know and they know that we keep kicking to the pocket, yet the opposition seems to be better prepared for it than our forwards. Luke jackson's game was probably one of his worst, 2 kicks and 5 handpasses and one mark. He was on the ball 1/2 the night, if not longer. Unfortunately when i heard that Viney was heard saying we are coming good at the right end of the season, i thought, dont talk to soon, dont get ahead of yourself. This team has be realistic, to win the premiership they need to play 4 quarters of football, i cannot even remember when they did that last. a disappointing effort from a lot of players tonight, just dont seem to have the hunger, or the stamina to do it for 4 quarters. i hope they prove me wrong next week and the week after that and the week after that, but we are now in sudden death playoffs so there is no more second chances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I would LOVE to see this happen but 0 chance they debut JVR in an elimination final. Needed to be done weeks ago when the cupboard was bare up forward (which it still is). 

I want ANB dropped. He has been horrendous all year under pressure and finals will only magnify that. 

We've had 1 debutant this year.

Let that sink in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

45 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We've had a Casey team go 17-1 this year and yet we've refused to reward some of those key contributors which has been disappointing. 

Bedford and Dunstan had a good run and didn’t look like anything but VFL players. Bedford’s closing the gap but not quick enough.

Chandler hasn’t had a go, but if anything he’s looking more and more like a Casey player by the game down there. Tries to break too many tackles, inconsistent defensive efforts, lacks speed. Weideman, Tomlinson, Mitch Brown, Baker - all no.

JVR is a kid and can’t beat the door down. He knocks on the door, but there’s never been any point giving him a game this year. 

As it currently sits there’s 25 afl quality listed players on our list. Tonight’s 22, Bowey and the injured T Mc and JJ. 

Lack of turnover of the list and the lack of layers in the game plan are both bigger issues than the selection. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IRW said:

Who has to come in to get rid of BBB?

TMac or Van Rooyen?

Harmes will be suspended 

I think RPFC summed it up in his post earlier in this thread, albeit about ANB not BBB. A replacement for BBB would need to wait till summer. You can't replace him in an elimination final.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Bedford and Dunstan had a good run and didn’t look like anything but VFL players. Bedford’s closing the gap but not quick enough.

Chandler hasn’t had a go, but if anything he’s looking more and more like a Casey player by the game down there. Tries to break too many tackles, inconsistent defensive efforts, lacks speed. Weideman, Tomlinson, Mitch Brown, Baker - all no.

JVR is a kid and can’t beat the door down. He knocks on the door, but there’s never been any point giving him a game this year. 

As it currently sits there’s 25 afl quality listed players on our list. Tonight’s 22, Bowey and the injured T Mc and JJ. 

Lack of turnover of the list and the lack of layers in the game plan are both bigger issues than the selection. 

Disagree with the first 3 paragraphs. 

Agree with the last point. 

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

I wonder when the match committee will realise how badly out of form ANB has been?

I have a gut feeling they'll make no changes unless there's a forced one.

Swans scored most of their scores from turnovers.

ANB is the turnover king and momentum killer in the team and has been for most of the second half of the year?

That missed 20 metre kick to Spargo, to set up an easy goal, was the cherry on top of his fumbles and turnovers.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The form says the changes will be minimal. For the finals the structure was shown tonight to be flawed. You need marking targets up forward. Reid was the match winner taking marks. If we persist in bombing it into the forward line you have to have bigger targets than spurge, picket & Melksham. Finals pressure doesn't allow many lace out passes to a good lead.

I would remind everyone that Hawthorn debuted Bremerton in a final with great success. Jackson is not yet a marking forward who kicks goals and neither is Max. 

If Harmes is suspended Melk can play the wing and JVR, TMac or Weid can come in and frankly Weid is a better bet as the backup ruck. 

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Diamond Tim said:

Tricky proposition given the way the team played against the Lions last week.

Some of tonight's duds were reasonable or better against the Bears, vis a vie Melksham, ANB, Brown and Brayshaw. Whaddayado?

Goodwin has no form for making changes and I can't see him rolling the dice at this stage of the season.

If I had the say it'd be:

Out - Salem. ANB

In - Bowey,TMAc

How Melksham plays would be the eight wonder of the world... He was dreadful!! those misses were inexcusable!

May needs a kick up the bum for giving away 2 frees in a row leading to a goal that swung the momentum ... it was a Melbourne brand of game until then ... there will be some changes as it was a hard hit out and some may miss due to injury ... bowey would be next up in line to come in 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I understand the frustration with Nibbler but whoever plays at half forward in this side is going to make a heap of mistakes given the game plan involves so much half forward congestion.

We’ve seen Harmes, Sparrow, Petracca all make the same stuff ups in that role.

The backline ball movement is so slow and predicted that all roads lead to half forward crunch.

Spargo managed to navigate some of it early. But it’s really hard going.

Until we take the game on from half back, switch the ball, get the midfield running and spreading every half forward is on a hiding to nothing.

• Like 1

In: McDonald, Bowey and Dunstan

Out: Melksham, Salem and Harmes

Firstly we need a big CHF McDonald is the man might be a bit underdone but he's all we have. With all the good work Melksham has done recently he undone it in one night what a disgusting game. Cost us any chance of winning the game with 2 costly misses and who could forget the slipping over incident.

No one has the guts to say it but I will Salem has been disgusting all season and doesn't deserve his spot in the side would prefer Bowey.

Dunstan comes in for the suspended Harmes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loges said:

TMac won't be ready we needed next week for him to have another game, maybe the prelim if we make it.

You can't base it on last weeks game all he needed to do was get through and he did. We may beat Brisbane without McDonald but we won't beat anyone else without him must play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpfc said:

The problem, and it is an actual problem, is that ANBs role is built into the structure of the team both offensively AND defensively. In essence, he does things to cover players in the D50 and he helps free up Petracca in the F50. 

He is so out of touch and low on confidence that he does need to be replaced but I don’t think we can replace him until the summer. He does this thing that players down on talent or form do where they will get the footy but trudge into players to avoid having to try (and fail) to get it to a teammate. 

If it were me, I would drop him and free up the forward line immediately and say to the team - we are playing an actual forward line so you won’t have protection or blocks in congestion - just get your dare back and get it moving.

Re :- your reply in Changes v Sydney thread

Just wondering whether you’ve changed your mind about Neal-Bullen ?

I can understand the Nibbler hatred but I'd be willing to give him one more week to rectify it. If he plays like he did against the Swans then he's dropped if we make it to the next round. Melksham and Salem should go before him.

Edited by WERRIDEE

Salem was completely out of touch. I know he’s been such an important player for us but this year had been a compete write off. I can’t remember one game where he would have been in the best 15 players on the field.

He needs a proper preseason and some consistent footy as currently he’s not able to play with the polish that’s made him so important.

Edited by The heart beats true
  • Like 1