2022 Fixture

Demonland

if i was Gary Pert, i would be seething. This is not a good draw from a commercial perspective (Thu/Fri night footy) or from a general week-to-week proposition given we just won the GF - i dont know what else we need to proove. We play entertaining football.

I don't mind playing the top teams twice - its only fair given we have 23 rounds with 18 teams. But to get WC and Geelong away yet again is farcical. WC doesnt phase me as it once has, but the Cattery is a hard place to win. We also don't play at our home ground for 5 consecutive weeks and have yet another final round game away. Seriously WTF.

Edited by CYB
  • Like 3
  • Angry 1

Good chance to really own some teams: the Dogs R1, Geelong, Port, Brisbane, West Coast away.  We can win all of them and really get in their heads.

Edited by old55
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CYB said:

if i was Gary Pert, i would be seething. This is not a good draw from a commercial perspective or from a general week-to-week proposition given we just won the GF - i dont know what else we need to proove. We play entertaining football.

I don't mind playing the top teams twice - its only fair given we have 23 rounds with 18 teams. But to get WC and Geelong away yet again is farcical. WC doesnt phase me as it once has, but the Cattery is a hard place to win. We also don't play at our home ground for 5 consecutive weeks and have yet another final round game away. Seriously WTF.

The two biggest commercial games for us are both away (tiges and Collingwood) and our home games are against interstate sides. There is no cash in for us after winning the flag. It's like they want to prove we are a second rate club who's numbers won't stack up.

Disgusting and disrespectful draw for the club. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

The two biggest commercial games for us are both away (tiges and Collingwood) and our home games are against interstate sides. There is no cash in for us after winning the flag. It's like they want to prove we are a second rate club who's numbers won't stack up.

Disgusting and disrespectful draw for the club. 

We have home games against all the big melb teams except Rich.

Ess, Carl, Coll, and Haw all home

• Like 6

Shocking draw from almost every angle. Home games against Vic teams include Saturday twilight fixture and Mothers Day Sunday at 1pm. Don't bother with a kids membership, because they won't get to a game before June.

We don't play a home game against a Victorian team from round 9 to round 20, and Collingwood is too late in the year to give us more than 50K at the game.

Away to Geelong AGAIN, away to West Coast AGAIN and eight games outside Melbourne in total. How many for Collingwood and Richmond?

Hard to see any opportunities for FTA coverage between round 9 and 17 as well, other than QB.

Really hard to see the benefits for winning the premiership in that draw.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Who do you have to [censored] to get a home game against West Coast and to stop getting games in Geelong? 
Unbelievable 

Well... I know a guy who knows a guy..

This is payback from the AFL for us doing our own celebration after winning the Flag, I'll  bet. Where's the bloody street march going to be held and when.  And the presentation at the town hall and when.

The thing that annoys me most about playing Geelong down in that shizen hole, is that attending the game is basically as impossible as attending an interstate game. Tickets are so limited and to get down there is not fun, particularly if it's a Friday night game. Good luck getting there on time if you're coming from Melbourne.

• Like 2

From a selfish pov I’m glad we play twice in Qld as me and my fam will get to see us play live TWICE which is great. 

Playing in Perf, Adelaide or Geelong won’t concern us one bit as we all know we can win there and win well. 

Also Geelong are now our biatches and we have the mental advantage big time.

GO DEES. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CYB said:

if i was Gary Pert, i would be seething. This is not a good draw from a commercial perspective (Thu/Fri night footy) or from a general week-to-week proposition given we just won the GF - i dont know what else we need to proove. We play entertaining football.

Given we were locked in to away games against Richmond and the Pies it's a great commercial draw.

- First game of the season, that's huge.
 - 4 or 5 of the first 6 on free to air prime time
- Essendon and Hawthorn as well as the grand final rematch in 3 of our first 4 home games = 3 big money spinners, all should go clear of 50k.
- Coll and Carl for reliable big crowds at the back end of the season
- Only 2 low drawing home games for the entire year in GWS and Freo, and the Giants game is locked in round 5 on a Sat night.

Our sponsors get more exposure than they ever would've and that's without the end of the season tv fixture which we will figure in prominently if we are top 4.

Our crowds - we can just about lock in 9 of 10 MCG home crowds over 30k I reckon if the GWS turn out is good. And there's got to be a strong chance we can go 6 of 10 over 40k given they are all against Vic teams and some big drawing ones at that.

Most years our MCG crowds probably produce very little revenue apart from the blockbusters. This year we've got a chance to bank really good cheques in almost all games and then know we've got the 2 big blockbusters to come in 2023.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It definitely doesn't feel like we are the premiers when you look at some of the timeslots and locations we've been given.

I don't think the AFL will ever see us as a big club no matter what we do.

We haven’t made finals in consecutive years in the past 15 years so we still have some respect to build even Though we are premiers

• Facepalm 1