Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What they're saying in their Polo Shirts at 42 Bishopsgate Street.

Doug Reemer

On 8/5/2021 at 1:03 AM, DEE fence said:

LoL, is this original, is genius?

Right? This brought out the 10yo kid in me. You know, the one who laughs when the teacher says, “doing it” and who spends study time in the library looking up “rude” words in the dictionary. That 10yo kid still lives in all of us. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, deanox said:

My best guess was they were booing umpires for not giving them a 50 against Petty.

I thought that was a pretty bad non-decision late in the game, but certainly didn't cost them the game.

This decision was in keeping with the way that has been adjudicated all year - which I disagree with. They brought in a rule that you had to stand perfectly still on the mark to free the game up, but now players do everything they can to hold the ball up once a decision or mark has been paid. Why can’t the umpire say return the ball in 3,2,1 and if it’s not returned it’s 50. 

The game will then be freer, faster and more skilful. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

This decision was in keeping with the way that has been adjudicated all year - which I disagree with. They brought in a rule that you had to stand perfectly still on the mark to free the game up, but now players do everything they can to hold the ball up once a decision or mark has been paid. Why can’t the umpire say return the ball in 3,2,1 and if it’s not returned it’s 50. 

Too logical, THBT!!!!!

25 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

Now, do we do it on 3? Or do we count 1,2,3 and then do it?

• Haha 3

The only thing they should be saying is "too bad we aren't fit enough or interested enough to play 120 minutes of footy and thank god lightening gave us a 30 minute breather so we could get going for 15 minutes and kick some goals to make the game look less one sided". And also "I sent Nicholls the cheque yesterday guys".

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

The only thing they should be saying is "too bad we aren't fit enough or interested enough to play 120 minutes of footy and thank god lightening gave us a 30 minute breather so we could get going for 15 minutes and kick some goals to make the game look less one sided". And also "I sent Nicholls the cheque yesterday guys".

If it wasn't for the lightning they were headed for a 50 point defeat at a minimum.

NikNat was out on his feet, the rest of the team had given up.

They were very, very lucky to get close...

We really should have sealed it again early on resumption missing a couple of easy shots that would have deflated them again.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 5

there's some gold on bigfooty, including a bears fan with this absolute zinger:

• Sorry to intrude but I think Mathew Nicholls has something personal against West Coast. Diabolically bad decisions/non decisions against you guys tonight from him. Some of his calls/non calls were quite frankly bizarre and lacked consistency. Would love to say I'm surprised but I am not.

• response 1: Yes, he is a massive prolapsed va jay jay
    • response 2: Good to see that a neutral observer noticed this. He is a shocker, Melbourne player hanging onto Darling won’t give him the ball - nothing, conversely West Coast player runs about 10 meters alongside the Melbourne player - 50 meters = goal, yuk, and there were lots more as you suggested - maybe we said his baby was ugly.
    • response 3: Nah, this implies he's fine in non West Coast games. He's just a truly, truly awful umpire, to the point where it almost seems more likely he's corrupt because his decisions are that moronic.

actual meth coke comments:

• People praising the comeback need to realise that almost all the scoring was at that end .

It was a howling 3 to 4 goal breeze.

Melbourne were better at using run and carry into the breeze and were more efficient with it .

They had the exact same dominance as we did in the third but they kick their goals and we missed ( allen Kelly langdon ) .

• Jack Darling is a joke of a footballer at the moment and should've been dropped a long time ago. THAT right there is on Simpson.

• The better team won. Simmo's press conference is as good as watching that Iraqi foreign minister days before the USA invaded Baghdad. Totally delusional. The only positive these days is post game conference. Good luck changing a game plan in a pre-season. Just resign before it gets embarrassing. New start fresh ideas. 7 years is a great effort, thank you for all you have done. Time to go Simmo.

• It was crystal clear this game. Showed a bit of heart and stayed with the Demons until half time. Afterwards we looked shot and the first thing to go when you're tired is defensive pressure and gut running. And the Demon's ran all over us. Until the lightning break, it was looking to be more of the same, but the break allowed us to get our breath back and we came out harder than I've seen all year.

We might be too old next year, we might not quite have the cattle, our game plan might still suck, but we won't be blown out of the water like we have been this year if we're fit. Pre-season from hell fit. No exceptions. Ryan you don't want to put in for the pre-season? Play WAFL.

• Darling flopped around like a fish for most of the first half, went awol in the third with everyone else and then turned on beast mode in the 4th. He's a fantastic barometer.

• Lets face it, Melb pulled the pin after Lightning break. Eagles were kicking to scoring end but honestly didnt looklike winning. Time for Simmo to make some tough decisions on footballers. MCGovern needs a reality check. Always tries to get the smallest defender. Wold have thought last night hed get the big boys but no he chose Melksham , etc. Edwards down back I thought did well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Just as an aside, what is the meaning of the joke behind this thread's title?

Training venue is situated on the corner of Bishopgate St and Roberts Rd Lathlain. Polo shirts go with the Chardonnay set who follow the Eagles

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

there's some gold on bigfooty, including a bears fan with this absolute zinger:

• Sorry to intrude but I think Mathew Nicholls has something personal against West Coast. Diabolically bad decisions/non decisions against you guys tonight from him. Some of his calls/non calls were quite frankly bizarre and lacked consistency. Would love to say I'm surprised but I am not.

• response 1: Yes, he is a massive prolapsed va jay jay
    • response 2: Good to see that a neutral observer noticed this. He is a shocker, Melbourne player hanging onto Darling won’t give him the ball - nothing, conversely West Coast player runs about 10 meters alongside the Melbourne player - 50 meters = goal, yuk, and there were lots more as you suggested - maybe we said his baby was ugly.
    • response 3: Nah, this implies he's fine in non West Coast games. He's just a truly, truly awful umpire, to the point where it almost seems more likely he's corrupt because his decisions are that moronic.

actual meth coke comments:

• People praising the comeback need to realise that almost all the scoring was at that end .

It was a howling 3 to 4 goal breeze.

Melbourne were better at using run and carry into the breeze and were more efficient with it .

They had the exact same dominance as we did in the third but they kick their goals and we missed ( allen Kelly langdon ) .

• Jack Darling is a joke of a footballer at the moment and should've been dropped a long time ago. THAT right there is on Simpson.

• The better team won. Simmo's press conference is as good as watching that Iraqi foreign minister days before the USA invaded Baghdad. Totally delusional. The only positive these days is post game conference. Good luck changing a game plan in a pre-season. Just resign before it gets embarrassing. New start fresh ideas. 7 years is a great effort, thank you for all you have done. Time to go Simmo.

• It was crystal clear this game. Showed a bit of heart and stayed with the Demons until half time. Afterwards we looked shot and the first thing to go when you're tired is defensive pressure and gut running. And the Demon's ran all over us. Until the lightning break, it was looking to be more of the same, but the break allowed us to get our breath back and we came out harder than I've seen all year.

We might be too old next year, we might not quite have the cattle, our game plan might still suck, but we won't be blown out of the water like we have been this year if we're fit. Pre-season from hell fit. No exceptions. Ryan you don't want to put in for the pre-season? Play WAFL.

• Darling flopped around like a fish for most of the first half, went awol in the third with everyone else and then turned on beast mode in the 4th. He's a fantastic barometer.

• Lets face it, Melb pulled the pin after Lightning break. Eagles were kicking to scoring end but honestly didnt looklike winning. Time for Simmo to make some tough decisions on footballers. MCGovern needs a reality check. Always tries to get the smallest defender. Wold have thought last night hed get the big boys but no he chose Melksham , etc. Edwards down back I thought did well.

They are a bit harsh on Darling. I'd have him at the Dees in a heartbeat

I heard a ripper caller on SEN today, clearly not yet accepting reality, questioning two non decisions for them by Nichols in dying minutes.

Host, obviously not listening to anything he said, responed on a completely different weekend game.

Classic talk-back radio. If it didn't contain 50 minutes of advertising per hour I'd listen daily.

Edited by Monocology
  • Shocked 1

Umpiring decisions across the board have been disgusting this year. And there's nothing to hold them publicly accountable. Players and players can't say much and any media personality that wants that almighty AFL to throw them a bone knows to keep their trap shut.

When it's a player/coach underperforming they are crucified, it's not fair.

I have had to start pointing out all the obvious non frees/frees that go in our favour otherwise I'd go insane.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Petty was lucky but to be fair we were unlucky with a lot of other non decisions.

Despite being lucky it was great tatics.

I think eagles fans are just too used to getting the rub of the green over there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Training venue is situated on the corner of Bishopgate St and Roberts Rd Lathlain. Polo shirts go with the Chardonnay set who follow the Eagles

Did you go last night PSD?

On 8/4/2021 at 11:26 PM, Pennant St Dee said:

There’s no other supporter base anything like them. They are full of self entitlement and believe the world is against them.

A lot of their fans have absolutely no idea about the game. One thing I will give the Dockers fans is that generally they have an understanding of the game with so many of them coming from East and South Freo in the WAFL days

It makes the win just so much sweeter.

No wait...deliberately giving them hope and a look in after the lightening break and then running out the clock made it better.

Maybe wrecking their finals dreams.

Or maybe they all went home soaked. I dont know.... but I loved it.

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

Yeo did it to Pickett right on the half time siren. Pickett should have got a fifty as well but he didn't.

He just went back and slotted a beautiful fifty metre goal on the siren.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

My favourite part of it was that a second WCE player ran in and tried to push Petty off after he finally handed the ball back and the umpire blew the whistle to call time off, stopped him taking the kick, turned and said to the WCE player "you're delaying the game by doing that". So good.

It was Nicholls, no surprises.

Also Petty ate up about 9 seconds, plus the 4 from Nicholls, which probably was enough to allow us to flood back.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Last week was enjoyable but honestly I felt a bit sorry for GC. I don’t have anything against them. 
But beating those flogs in Boo Stadium was just marvelous. I despise that club about 50% as much as I despise Geelong, and anyone who knows me knows I would bomb GMHBA if I could. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Kennedy goaled from two frees that were ridiculous

1. A bump from May when he was running with the flight of the ball - front on contact - you're kidding - whats May supposed to do? Let him have a free run at it?

2. The mark by Rivers that wasn't paid and adjudged a push was wrong and pathetic.

The deliberate against Brayshaw who was kicking a slippery ball on his left foot

The deliberate against Lever that bounced backwards(!!) and then across the line

The Spargo Play on.

Petty was bumped out of a contest in the goal square when the ball was 15m away

There were dozens. Nicholls is a disgrace to the game and should never umpire again.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, old dee said:

Did you go last night PSD?

I did Old Dee, had a pleasant night just watching footy with my two boys. They are getting older now and spending quality time with them is becoming a rarity. The oldest has always loved footy and has a great understanding of the game, my younger boy has got into watching footy over the last couple of years, so despite the weather great to spend a night out with them. Neither follow the Dees, but they do when we play West Coast

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I did Old Dee, had a pleasant night just watching footy with my two boys. They are getting older now and spending quality time with them is becoming a rarity. The oldest has always loved footy and has a great understanding of the game, my younger boy has got into watching footy over the last couple of years, so despite the weather great to spend a night out with them. Neither follow the Dees, but they do when we play West Coast

Nice to see Demon supporters out and also great that Gawny always leads the players over to where the supporters are to thank them

Just now, longsuffering said:

Nice to see Demon supporters out and also great that Gawny always leads the players over to where the supporters are to thank them

Yes, it was great to see the team live for the first time since 2019

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

Kennedy goaled from two frees that were ridiculous

1. A bump from May when he was running with the flight of the ball - front on contact - you're kidding - whats May supposed to do? Let him have a free run at it?

2. The mark by Rivers that wasn't paid and adjudged a push was wrong and pathetic.

The deliberate against Brayshaw who was kicking a slippery ball on his left foot

The deliberate against Lever that bounced backwards(!!) and then across the line

The Spargo Play on.

Petty was bumped out of a contest in the goal square when the ball was 15m away

There were dozens. Nicholls is a disgrace to the game and should never umpire again.

Just the first quarter alone. Jackson denied a clear mark 25m out from goal is one that sticks in my mind. There were plenty, we definitely got the rough end of it which makes it even funnier to hear their whining.

They are actually my most hated team only slightly below Essendon

• Like 5