• Podcast:      

• Podcast:      

GAMEDAY: Rd 08 vs Sydney

I reckon we will win in typical 2021 Melbourne style. Close for the first half and then have a Handy 6 goal win

• Love 1

It's actually enjoyable going tot he footy now and seeing this exciting team play. 

Have no idea what to expect tonight. I think we should win but I hate seeing Franklin & Rampe back and our ins aren't giving me much confidence. 

I expect May to take Buddy. Hickey has been in good form to Gawn will have his work cut out and the midfield should be a good battle. 

Heeny out helps. If we lose at least we will still be top 2 but win and we can go even more clear of the team below us. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

They always talk about the Spirit of the Bloods. Many commentators say they never bottom out and are 

People love that [censored] when a team is successful...

Can't hear anyone banging on about Shinboner Spirit at the moment.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Do we have one of the best forward lines going around?

Cats fwd line last night was awesome.

We are just yet to see its full potential.

If Tmac can play his best, hes as good as Hawkins maybe.

Fritra is our Rohan and Bbb can be better than Cameron.

If Tmac loses form he will be replaced by Sw.

Tmac was not good last week but has shown this year he is still a great player especially as a foward.

Add Luke J to the mix and its a deadly combo with our smalls in Spargo and Kozzie.

So since the others have shown great effort it hangs on Bbb to strut his stuff.

Thought he was quite good last week and aside from two goals was instrumental in two more.

Geelong showed the power of three proven dangerous guns in their attack. 

I think we will tonight.

So glad that Frittas playing.

Dees by six with Swans missing lots of chances instead of us.

Trac to tear it up with Kozzie and Harmes surprising many with a great performance.

• Like 2

2 x Free Adult reserve seat tickets for tonight.

Have been away and totally forgot that I opted in to get tickets via our memberships so happy to give away to someone that hasn’t yet organized tickets for themselves.

Seats are on Level 2 and each adult seat comes with a child seat (age up to 5) with it - but the child seat was free / included so doesn’t have to be utilized.

Direct Message me on here if keen.

Cheers

• Like 5

Any word on if Melksham will play since his wife just gave birth today?

If he’s out, do we think Sparrow or Jones will be the late in?

It would appear that the MCC is booked out tonight so is it going to be a big crowd?

3 minutes ago, Thehardtackler said:

It would appear that the MCC is booked out tonight so is it going to be a big crowd?

Sounds terrific but hard to believe. Rain in the evening and a interstate side. Must be loads of seats avaiable.

1 minute ago, siam juntaRus said:

Sounds terrific but hard to believe. Rain in the evening and a interstate side. Must be loads of seats avaiable.

There are still a lot of South Melbourne Supporters down here

30 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

There are still a lot of South Melbourne Supporters down here

They really need to move on.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

How's the weather down there for us Qld fans. Will the forecast rain hold off ?

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Bloody wives always complaining... "Have a shave" "mow the lawns" "stop drinking Drambuie at 7am in the morning"

The annoying thing about my wife is that she feels the need to remind me to do something she already told me about 6 months ago !! 

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Melbourne won't be flat today. They had their bad one against the Kangas.

Sydney have had a disrupted week, with covid scare. Coaches missing and anxiety states will have its mental effect, hopefully in a negative way. There will be less time to review and work on the lessons from the game against the Cats.

Tracc to show why his big contract was appropriate, with other new contracted players standing up together, Oliver and Salem. It will be a sign of our stability. 

Need more selfless acts, so it is action and not a thought bubble.

Angry Dees, time to belt this lot and continue to change the dialogue of, "no fight". We are hard to beat, as we play for the 120 minutes. Sydney will have to be on to keep up with us.

BBB to do more after he got the "rust" out of his system.

Backline to keep on keeping on.

I want to see a more active midfield at the stoppages.

Our runners and link players have been breaking lines and assume this will happen again. Sydney could work hard to block, nulify and disturb our flow. I expect a dour game from them as they try and stem the flow of goals. If they try to play in our forward area and counter, they will be smashed because our conversion of inside 50 is much better than in the past and our backs are smart and have a great structure. 

Our ball movement, execution and decisions, and the pressure we bring to the game has been outstanding. 

Training with a smile, then with the seriousness of the knowledge that we are hunted. We will turn that round and hunt those underfed Swans. We are confident, with plenty of buy in and a good system.

Challenging games will get us up and going. Do the basics well, and trust in our way.

Own the G, Go Dees.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Josh said:

Bloody wives always complaining... "Have a shave" "mow the lawns" "stop drinking Drambuie at 7am in the morning"

The annoying thing about my wife is that she feels the need to remind me to do something she already told me about 6 months ago !! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DemonWheels said:

2 x Free Adult reserve seat tickets for tonight.

Have been away and totally forgot that I opted in to get tickets via our memberships so happy to give away to someone that hasn’t yet organized tickets for themselves.

Seats are on Level 2 and each adult seat comes with a child seat (age up to 5) with it - but the child seat was free / included so doesn’t have to be utilized.

Direct Message me on here if keen.

Cheers

So nice of you to offer them for free! Geez, aren’t Dees ppl the best?!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:
7 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

Ahhh so miss the sixties and seventies....

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

“Don’t forget to hang the Picture Basil…”

”I’m doing it now dear…”

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

20 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Angry Dees, time to belt this lot and continue to change the dialogue of, "no fight". We are hard to beat, as we play for the 120 minutes. Sydney will have to be on to keep up with us.

Own the G, Go Dees.

LOVE this!!!

• Thanks 1

I’m nervous af right now. I liken game day to going on a long haul flight: you’re nervous/excited/anxious on the day of, leading up to the bounce (take-off), you can only relax once the siren goes and we’ve won (touchdown) and you hope like hell that the people around you in forced close proximity don’t ruin your experience with nasty belligerent behaviour - talking to you, Collingwood thugs - (crying babies, passenger next to you who won’t stop talking to you and has bad breath). 
That last bit happened to me last year . 15.5 hours of drivel and halitosis. 🤮

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, kev martin said:

BBB to do more after he got the "rust" out of his system.

Probably out to prove North were so wrong.

That aside from last years poor showing that he really still is the best full forward in the comp like he was in 2019,2018and 2017.

And now he is a team better than North will do even better.

Go bbb. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Looking at the radar is looks like there will be a fair bit of run hitting towards the start of the game.

Hopefully there's lots of run...