• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

9 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Jones f-up was with 60 seconds to go, he didn't ruin Q2

Oh yes he did - a two goal turnaround with the same sort of disposal that cost us a win against Norf in Tas last year. Not acceptable in a player of his experience.

• Like 3

Just now, olisik said:

Lol we get a win and your posting about me? Wow just wow.

He's not the only one who finds it interesting (to put it mildly) that you almost never post after a win but clog the board up with repetitive guff after losses.

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

Also, Viney did not attend the team song in the end.

Walking off he looked like he cracked the sads..

Did anyone notice this?

Really? Was this brought up somewhere? 

• Like 2

As an aside, what was the 7 commentators obsession with Max King? Every time he went near the ball or flew for a mark, which he never took, they started yelling like he was the best thing since sliced bread. I didn't see him do much. Did he?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Did anyone notice this?

Stop insuating things mate, we just got a bloody win

• Like 4

I have egg onmy face but will happily wear it.

May and defence were very good. Trac was fantastic. Langdon was great as well. 

Still too many passengers so that will have to be fixed up before we can become a preimiership threat.

• Like 2

Go you bloody Redlegs! Stick that one up you, half of Demonland!

We totally took away their game and they had no answers. Everyone bangs on about how good Ratten is, made no moves at all on May, stuck to his plan (as most modern coaches do) and King wasn't good enough on May, who was utterly dominant bar two moments where he was outmuscled. 

Our defenders and defensives systems totally bossed them. Utterly choked them.

Take a bow, Steven May. The best game he's played for the club, by some way. He's had a really great season. I'm happy for him. Lever was a handy support player. Oscar... vulnerable. 

Oliver did some important running early in the game, but didn't come into the game until the last. Showed what a competitor he is. Loved that moment in the last where he burst away from the contest and hit the next target.

Petracca was incredible in the 1v1s and 1v4s(!), let them score one easy goal from the centre stoppage with poor defensive marking, otherwise he and May were the difference. That match winning goal was Dustin Martinesque.

For all the talk about Butler, did a couple of nice things, but our systems didn't let him do it often enough and he only got it 11 times.

Some really important stopping from Viney in midfield. Didn't get it a lot but his defensive role around the stoppage was vital. I was wrong there. Glad we played him midfield tonight. If he's going to play midfield, I reckon he needs to play the defensive role, unless Oliver is quiet. 

Langdon's run was great as usual, as was Hibberd's, before injuring himself.

Rivers is a really impressive young player. Great poise, toughness and good ball use. Well done, Jason Taylor. Another Taylor Special. 

After a slow start, Wagner worked into the game and was well positioned a number of times, and ended up being a handy contributor.

I think one of Salem's best games for the club. Really solid in defence. Good ball use.

Spargo laid a couple of really important tackles at key moments. That last tackle near the final siren to ensure we got the stoppage and it didn't ping back the other way was massive.

I thought Hannan and Kozzie really struggled, although Kozzie at least laid some tackles. Still, we didn't let their half backs zip off half back.

I disagree with the sentiment that we had a lot of passengers. Hannan didn't do enough and Kozzie tries to be too fancy instead of taking the game on, but other than that we put in a really solid 3.5 quarter effort.

I also disagree with what Jordan Lewis said after the game, about neither side really getting their game going. What we delivered tonight is our game. Our mids weren't on the top of their game, but they defended really well in tandem with our defenders and our forwards. We're developing ways of winning when our stoppage game is taken away from us. And that's team defence.

And we beat another side who beat us in the clearances and inside 50s. Exactly as we did to Collingwood and very similar to what we did to Brisbane.

The tackle count is a really interesting stat too. They beat us in that 36-47, so it was all about the defensive zones and how well set up we were. Every time they looked up, they wanted to go off half back, but couldn't. Every time they tried to switch, the zone migrated quickly across the ground. 

The players need to bring this every week. The game style wins finals. It's now up to this group to bring the effort consistently.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Well of course. We all know you're a troll and how much you hate the Dees winning.

Haha right mate. Didn’t realise this was the olisik forum. Run along buddy, let’s keep this about the dees thanks.

Edited by olisik

3 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Did anyone notice this?

FMD probably had to go to the toilet

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

They ran around us for 15 minutes before that, and the 30 seconds after it

We're lucky they didn't capitalise, and we could grind it out for the 2nd half

You can run around someone all you like but if you aren’t scoring it doesn’t matter.

I also added the midfield were to blame for not setting up defensively after the jones turnover which cost us another goal.

• Like 1

Just now, dl4e said:

I have egg onmy face but will happily wear it.

May and defence were very good. Trac was fantastic. Langdon was great as well. 

Still too many passengers so that will have to be fixed up before we can become a preimiership threat.

Spot on. I can't believe there have been so few mentions of Langdon in this thread. He was great tonight ... a great pickup for the club.

• Like 5

I wonder how many old Dee fans have spent the last half in A&E after an infarction late 2nd quarter . But wasn’t May monumental in that game with madness all around and he repelling just about everything . If I was a kid again I’d have number one stuck on my jumper forever 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

That was awesome. Can hardly talk.

my daughter described me after as a “mental psychopath AFL dad”, she thought I was going the try hit the umpire in the last ? and I think I called her teachers mate a dip [censored].

unbelievable peRformance by Steven May.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Oh yes he did - a two goal turnaround with the same sort of disposal that cost us a win against Norf in Tas last year. Not acceptable in a player of his experience.

Completely unacceptable 

But my point was we were outplayed for 20 minutes in the second qrt, not just the last 60 seconds 

Just now, bingers said:

Spot on. I can't believe there have been so few mentions of Langdon in this thread. He was great tonight ... a great pickup for the club.

22 touches, 8 marks and 450 metres gained.

He has been a terrific recruit and is providing exactly what we need out on the wings - two way running.  He is also hitting more and more targets as the weeks go by.

Riewoldt said he has been 'okay' in an article today.  He would now be changing his tune pretty damn quick.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Dame Gaga said:

As an aside, what was the 7 commentators obsession with Max King? Every time he went near the ball or flew for a mark, which he never took, they started yelling like he was the best thing since sliced bread. I didn't see him do much. Did he?

How could he, played on the King of the Back line in Steven May then had a taste of  the Prince in Lever.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

Interesting and somewhat claustrophobic game.  I've never seen us kick so badly around the ground, but our early clean conversions gave us a chance. So important.

I think we used the corridor once the entire game?  Clear strategy looked to be to keep it out of that area at all costs where their pace would murder us.

The game was sufficiently clogged up after that and neither team had the kicking skills or courage to get a risky running chain going.

Horrible in the guts early as a group but Viney then did a job on Steele and Oliver made up for his first half blunders with a competitive second half and a fierce attack on the ball.  Brayshaw a concern again, looks all at sea.

Great D lead by Frothies May and unusually straight goal-kicking for the win.   PHEW

You’ve never seen MFC kick so badly around the ground? How long have you been following them? 1 week???

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 11